Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 07:09 PM

837 posts, read 753,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Then I guess you don't have any problems and your dating life is amazing. Oh wait…

when did I insinuate that? I want a girlfriend my age, not a woman 20 years older

the ladies my age are seemingly impossible to please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 07:14 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
when did I insinuate that? I want a girlfriend my age, not a woman 20 years older

She's out there, brantleygilbert. She's out there somewhere.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:14 PM

314 posts, read 236,999 times
Quote:

Because a woman your age wouldn't be able to deal with your narcissism, and wont. Too many good guys out there to deal with you and your personaslity

Old 09-24-2015, 07:15 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
I didn't say I deserve to have an intimate relationship with a specific person... I said I deserve to have a relationship with someone I find attractive and I believe everyone deserves that.
How on God's green earth do you deserve to have a relationship?

Listen, you are perfectly entitled to your preferences. Everyone is. But how does that then translate to that because you are a living being, you deserve to have a relationship with someone you find attractive? You're "qualified" for it? You "merit" it?

You might want to think about not considering a potential partner as a piece of chattel that you "deserve".

Quote:
Deserve =/= entitled. You keep thinking that I'm saying i'm entitled to it
Again, pursuant to dictionary.com--

entitled (verb)-- to give (a person or thing) a title, right, or claim to something; furnish with grounds for laying claim:

Seems awfully close to me.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:16 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
I don't think you will ever be able to compete with the top 20%, which is what you need to get the type of woman you want.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:17 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxm98 View Post
Because a woman your age wouldn't be able to deal with your narcissism, and wont. Too many good guys out there to deal with you and your personaslity
If anything I think that's why he's getting the cougars and gay men. If I were either of those, on the prowl, I'd want to hook up with someone shallow and uncomplicated. Very casual.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:

No matter what anyone one says to you in any of your numerous threads, you don't take any responsibility for anything. And anytime anyone suggest that the problem may have something to do with you - you refute it by saying how good looking, successful, and perfect you are. And now you are talking about how some older woman just LOVED you and couldn't say enough great things about you - so obviously, you still don't believe that the problem is you. According to you - the problem is that women aren't interesting, they have it too easy, they are too hard to please, and so on and so forth. Well, guess what? Most guys don't have a problem dating - no matter what they look like or how much money they have. So quit starting thread after thread when they are all exactly the same. The problem is you and until you get that - things are never going to get any easier. They just aren't. And I know I'll probably get infracted for this even though almost everyone else tells you the exact same thing and their posts are still there - but it's the truth.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
If anything I think that's why he's getting the cougars and gay men. If I were either of those, on the prowl, I'd want to hook up with someone shallow and uncomplicated. Very casual.

except that nearly all of those women wanted to date me long term

the 29 year old was crazy about me, she wouldn't stop blowing up my phone for a while

Old 09-24-2015, 07:20 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,585,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I don't think you will ever be able to compete with the top 20%, which is what you need to get the type of woman you want.
Oh come on. All he's looking for is someone who's a 7/10 or above, likes working out, is a foodie but has a great body, likes football and baseball but is feminine, doesn't have a competitive high powered job but isn't a gold digger, and watches all the TV shows he likes. Why is that so wrong?

Old 09-24-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post

Everything I strive for in life, I strive for top 1 to top 5%...not this top 20% nonsense. Being top 20% is easy

In terms of money and success for example, I won't stop until I'm making close to 500-800K a year. That's not top 1%, that's more like top 0.1%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships