Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:00 AM

271 posts, read 157,138 times

Advertisements

So, my boyfriend has started his new job now (he works Monday-Friday with the weekends off and I am usually scheduled to work during the weekends) so our schedules don't really work very well together and he will probably be spending the majority of his weekends alone.

I've just found out that his Bulgarian parents will be visiting us from December 23-January 2nd.

His parents speak absolutely no English. I don't really feel like being forced into spending New Year and Christmas with them, as pleasant as they are. We are living in London, UK and I just don't see how they will enjoy themselves here. It is incredibly expensive for them and my boyfriend is looking to put them in a tiny room (with about a foot of floor space around the bed in a strangers house because they can't afford anything else and we don't have space for them to stay with us - we are renting a small bedroom). They have never even left Bulgaria and are coming all the way here for Christmas and New year.

This will be my boyfriends first holiday and it would of being nice if we could have spent it together, however his parents will be here for all of it.

I just feel so irritated by this! My boyfriend didn't even tell me.

I don't know it just seems like a recipe for a disaster and bad time, the plans don't even make any sense. How will they cook for example? What will we do on Christmas day, New years eve? The list just goes on and on...

Last edited by palmtrees099; 09-25-2015 at 02:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 03:47 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,060,493 times
And when you discussed this with your boyfriend, he said....

Old 09-25-2015, 05:12 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post
This will be my boyfriends first holiday and it would have been nice if we could have spent it together, however his parents will be here for all of it.
Fixed that for you.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:20 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Yes, there's nothing to do in London at Christmastime. Poor tourists.

I wouldn't worry about this too much as I predict you will no longer be together by then.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:29 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
Really don't like the plans my boyfriend has made for his parents

But I'm not gonna do a single thing about it aside from post in my online diary.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:00 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
I think you have two separate issues. You want to spend more time with your bf. I recommend you find a better job with weekday hours. You have 4 months.

2nd. Your boyfriend didn't even tell you he was inviting your parents for a month. And you can't talk to him about it. You have a SERIOUS communication problem.

Make your own plans for your holidays, go spend them with your parents.

Sometimes couples have to do stuff like this for the sake of their parents. Sometimes you have to be creative and accept reality to make a relationshiip work.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:14 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
TERRIFIC idea there--go to your own folks' home for the holidays, for the entire duration of his family's stay. Tell him this is your plan, immediately. He will hit the roof--how could you leave him and his family like that? What will they think? Who will be there to entertain them when he is bored and annoyed with them after a week?

Tell him you're going, and when he balks ask him how he would've reacted had you just sprung on him that your folks were coming for a couple of weeks.

You're a doormat, miss. All you're going to do is come here and complain during their stay.

Stand up for yourself, for once.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:22 AM

150 posts, read 172,106 times
How long ago has he last seen his parents?

You sound like a real gem.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Really don't like the plans my boyfriend has made for his parents

But I'm not gonna do a single thing about it aside from post in my online diary.
Lol!!! Exactly!!!

This is much much more than his parents visiting.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:31 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke2611 View Post
How long ago has he last seen his parents?

You sound like a real gem.

Read her other boyfriend posts. Get the real picture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships