Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 11:20 AM

2,445 posts, read 2,574,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Yeah I don't think this is really true.

Are you a single mom? Even remotely physical attractive? Live in a singles area?

Finding men with teeth is remarkably easy. I see them everyday (some are even single).
It is true. No kids. Early 50's and am considered fairly attractive by my friends, family and co-workers.

I was just trying to make a point that I'm not picky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:24 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,579,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkypeColorado View Post
Got me some shiny new "choppers" a few months back, all the fake teeth are a white as Chiclets! Women find them irresistible!
Hehe That's also why teeth bleaching has become so popular.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:26 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,052,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
It is true. No kids. Early 50's and am considered fairly attractive by my friends, family and co-workers.

I was just trying to make a point that I'm not picky.
Were you very picky in your 20s and 30s?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:30 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,072,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What's shallow about being honest about the big role attractiveness plays? It does play a big role whether we like it or not, especially when one meets someone else for the first time.
Because when you focus on these "truths" too much (and there IS some truth to the hot/rich/etc being part of initial attraction for many people), you FORGET the qualities that actually count for long lasting love.

Mutual respect. Friendship. Being so much more than what you are on the outside. Being more interested in giving than what you get out of it.

Do you think for a second the people whining here have really reached for the peak of being a good person? No way. They are too busy harping on baldness and fatness and wallets and how everything is unfair. Who the heck would want to be with them!!?

No. They think giving more than you get makes you a chump. Me me me me me. It's not surprising.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:37 AM

2,445 posts, read 2,574,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Were you very picky in your 20s and 30s?
Good grief. I'm not picky.

I was married then.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Because when you focus on these "truths" too much (and there IS some truth to the hot/rich/etc being part of initial attraction for many people), you FORGET the qualities that actually count for long lasting love.

Mutual respect. Friendship. Being so much more than what you are on the outside. Being more interested in giving than what you get out of it.

Do you think for a second the people whining here have really reached for the peak of being a good person? No way. They are too busy harping on baldness and fatness and wallets and how everything is unfair. Who the heck would want to be with them!!?

No. They think giving more than you get makes you a chump. Me me me me me. It's not surprising.

Well, I think the problem for many people, especially men, is that they can't imagine being with a woman that is wonderful in terms of character etc., but who for whatever reason they are not physically attracted to.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:40 AM

20,058 posts, read 18,220,575 times
Default A World Full of Uglies and Phonies Inside/Out!

We live in a world where good looks are purchased, and are desired far above a good heart. What people don't realize is that oftentimes a good heart is rewarded with NATURAL good looks and good health.

Look out for number one long enough and you'll end your life (even with all the paid for help) looking like, and acting like, a toad.

Really loving others and self is truly the fountain of youth!

There is a difference between unhealthy love of self and healthy love of self. If you don't know the difference, then go into therapy and find out!

P.S. You will never find and receive love if you don't have REAL love to give!

**Married 25+years to an all natural and very beautiful woman on the INSIDE and out.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:48 AM

I still think a major reason for all those singles is that they simply don't get to know people. Especially nice people don't want others to consider them importunate. In English the term "to hit on someone" seems pretty frequent, and although I am no native speaker it seems to imply something negative. So nice people often won't even start a conversation with another person in order to prevent making that impression.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:49 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,072,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
W

One time, my ex (who is a very sweet person) said, "Why are you giving so and so a present? They never give us a present."

It shocked me to hear this from her, bc to her close friends/family/me, she was literally "the shirt off her back" kinda person.

But that's the whole point. You can't keep score or you're doing it for all the wrong reasons. Most people keep score, build resentment, and naturally everything falls apart.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
We live in a world where good looks are purchased, and are desired far above a good heart. What people don't realize is that oftentimes a good heart is rewarded with NATURAL good looks and good health.

Look out for number one long enough and you'll end your life (even with all the paid for help) looking like, and acting like, a toad.

Really loving others and self is truly the fountain of youth!

There is a difference between unhealthy love of self and healthy love of self. If you don't know the difference, then go into therapy and find out!

**Married 25+years to an all natural and very beautiful woman on the INSIDE and out.
The good thing is that while young almost all people look good or at least decent. It is simply in nature's interest. And once in a relationship, one gets to know and love the person as such, so even if and when physical attraction fades away, that is no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships