Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:58 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
She is beautiful to you and that is all that counts. You can see the real beauty in someone and that is special. Outer beauty fades but inner beauty remains.
Exactly. Seeing HOT looking women as they age into their 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 100's is uncommon. This goes for men as well. Gravity makes things go south, wrinkles appear & the numbers on the weight scale goes up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 PM

14,945 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude84 View Post
As I got to know my wife, i found her to be physically attrative. Thing is everyone I know says she is ugly and that I can do better. They say she is short, bad face (she is in her mid 30s and still has achne) small breasts and getting fat in the belly. They say I can do so much better so why pick her? they ask if I dont have standards? But I think she is great. I always have a good time with her. We can talk for ages and she makes me laugh, smile and feel happy. We have many of the same interests as well. There have been some good looking women who were interested in me, so I was told, but they do not make me feel like she does. I ma not interested in them like I am with her. Am I weird or stupid?
Neither. I would say the people that make such comments about your wife are superficial and childish.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:13 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,241 times
Why are you friends with people who speak like that about anyone you love? So rude.

Looks aren't the most important thing. I have liked/dated less attractive guys in my past people wondered why. Why? Because they were sweet, respectful guys who made me feel good about myself. That's pretty much all you need in a partner.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:19 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,017 times
Shallow friends they are but also curious what age group your in? This sounds like high school mentality.Your already married and these people still harping? I'd be giving yourself time away from them as their not interested in how you feel their interested in what they think. Cant believe you needed our help figuring this out. If you want show them this thread but if your wife finds out you may have bigger trouble than with these losers.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
As I got to know my wife, i found her to be physically attrative. Thing is everyone I know says she is ugly and that I can do better. They say she is short, bad face (she is in her mid 30s and still has achne) small breasts and getting fat in the belly. They say I can do so much better so why pick her? they ask if I dont have standards? But I think she is great. I always have a good time with her. We can talk for ages and she makes me laugh, smile and feel happy. We have many of the same interests as well. There have been some good looking women who were interested in me, so I was told, but they do not make me feel like she does. I ma not interested in them like I am with her. Am I weird or stupid?

You are not weird or stupid. You love her for HER not for her looks or whatever. Some people are superficial --- just remember: Beauty fades, dumb is forever.

Your wife sounds like a great woman. I'm glad you have her. Don't let other people put you or her down!

Old 09-25-2015, 06:38 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,326 times
Why would you worry about anything beyond the fact that you are attracted to her?

Perhaps your attraction to her is rooted in factors which are far more complex, and enduring, than that of superficial physical appearance.

I've always found that my sexual attraction to a woman increases as I begin to recognize her intelligence, warmth, and friendship--in short, the overall picture of her as a human being.

You apparently are lucky enough to have in your life a woman whom you love, and to whom you're sexually attracted. Cherish that.....and get some new friends!

Old 09-25-2015, 06:44 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,875 times
Do your friends still say this now that you are married? I'm with the others, time for new friends as it is clear you are happy with her, since you married her and all.

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife......

Old 09-25-2015, 06:49 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Then why are you in a relationship with a woman married to someone else, one with whom you text all day and claim to have "feelings" for?

Old 09-25-2015, 08:03 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
You're a smart man. What is inside a person is far more important than what is on the outside. Everyone's looks fade, but the beauty of a good person never does.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:25 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,904,604 times
wow, some friends you have. I find their opinions and attitudes really strange. Do you live in a frat house or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships