Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:37 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times

Advertisements

It always appeared to be some weird catty game of one upmanship when it has happened in my life.
Like somehow people who know my wife and myself thinking they could do better than her.

That and, people with no association to my wife seeing a ring as a signifier that I had something they wanted. Be it money, ability to care for another etc

No real idea, just speculation.
I mostly just ignore anyone who actively tries to make moves in that way unless I have to tell them to knock it off to get them to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 10:43 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
I've heard of this happening to married people. Why it happens? No clue.

I've said this in the past, but I'm ALMOST tempted to buy a fake wedding ring and see what kind of attention I receive from women.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:19 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I've heard of this happening to married people. Why it happens? No clue.

I've said this in the past, but I'm ALMOST tempted to buy a fake wedding ring and see what kind of attention I receive from women.
That's a pretty normal thought process. I think most every person that is single at any point thinks of doing this. That was even a plot line in Seinfeld a while back.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:25 AM

204 posts, read 145,419 times
These women know the parameters by which married men must operate. Contrast that with single men, who are a much larger unknown to them and have many undefined parameters and many more options than a married man. Most significantly, the balance of power and control is tilted more in her direction with a married man than it is with a single man. For example, she can reasonable expect that the married man is not playing her, in the sense that she may be one of many women to a single man. She sees herself as less needed, more disposable, to the single man. The married man is a trapped animal, a gerbil in a cage.

A separate factor is that she knows a married man likes women and knows how to treat them. I remember my first girlfriend as an adult. Other women came out of nowhere once they saw me with her. It's like all of a sudden I was vetted by a woman, so I was a known quantity who knew how to treat a woman.

Last edited by sylvianfisher; 09-27-2015 at 12:36 AM..

Old 09-27-2015, 02:03 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times
I was in love with a married man had nothing to do with him being married,but I think for some forbidden fruit is sweeter.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:13 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvianfisher View Post
These women know the parameters by which married men must operate. Contrast that with single men, who are a much larger unknown to them and have many undefined parameters and many more options than a married man. Most significantly, the balance of power and control is tilted more in her direction with a married man than it is with a single man. For example, she can reasonable expect that the married man is not playing her, in the sense that she may be one of many women to a single man. She sees herself as less needed, more disposable, to the single man. The married man is a trapped animal, a gerbil in a cage.

A separate factor is that she knows a married man likes women and knows how to treat them. I remember my first girlfriend as an adult. Other women came out of nowhere once they saw me with her. It's like all of a sudden I was vetted by a woman, so I was a known quantity who knew how to treat a woman.
Which makes no sense cause a single guy (who may or may not have had a g/f in the past) can like women and know how to treat them.

Also, just because a man is married, doesn't necessarily mean he still treats her right.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:50 AM

204 posts, read 145,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Which makes no sense cause a single guy (who may or may not have had a g/f in the past) can like women and know how to treat them.

Also, just because a man is married, doesn't necessarily mean he still treats her right.
I know. I know. I didn't say these things were exclusive to married men. I'm just saying that women can believe these things as their reasons for heading towards this.

I need you to think flexibly. Don't say it makes no sense or I'll take you literally and wonder if you think before you write. Ok?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Whatever it is that goes on in the minds of single women who hit on married men, I can assure you goes on on the minds of single (AND married) men where married women are concerned. Men are certainly not above clearly showing their attraction to/interest in another man's woman. It happens all the time.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:18 PM

388 posts, read 382,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Whatever it is that goes on in the minds of single women who hit on married men, I can assure you goes on on the minds of single (AND married) men where married women are concerned. Men are certainly not above clearly showing their attraction to/interest in another man's woman. It happens all the time.
Once they're taken, they become more attractive.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:48 PM

138 posts, read 92,198 times
Married men are usually tame/d and like a tv dinner. Just pop in and enjoy.

Single men are wild game that not only needs hunted/caught....they need to be butchered, fillet and cooked.

Married men are also easier to get rid of when they are done with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships