Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:37 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Each person is an individual who are a product of many things.. including their environment (upbringing).

I think people can be snooty regardless of their actual wealth... some fake it... some are just being into themselves.
True, I did try and convey that I didn't truly know whether the wealthy are snobby, but yeah, we shouldn't generalize a group of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 06:06 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
So...regular men shouldn't date wealthy women because regular men are gold diggers or because wealthy women are snooty? Um.....people are going to date who they want to date no matter what social class they are in. Some folks do tend to date within their class to avoid being used or for some other reasons (mainly seen this with the upper class), but other than that it's a free playing field.

Interesting topic, but I'm more interested in who hurt you, op?

Old 09-27-2015, 06:09 PM

388 posts, read 383,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
True, I did try and convey that I didn't truly know whether the wealthy are snobby, but yeah, we shouldn't generalize a group of people.
Rightly said, snobbiness can be a trait for any socio economic background. My previous boss married for money, he had no shame in telling everyone . His wife is actually very down to earth. He, however, became snooty and elitist as hell.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:27 PM

8 posts, read 5,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushandnotbeCrushed View Post
So...regular men shouldn't date wealthy women because regular men are gold diggers or because wealthy women are snooty? Um.....people are going to date who they want to date no matter what social class they are in. Some folks do tend to date within their class to avoid being used or for some other reasons (mainly seen this with the upper class), but other than that it's a free playing field.

Interesting topic, but I'm more interested in who hurt you, op?
Well regular guys should date and marry in their own class if the are regular. Trust me men who go looking for a woman from an affluent family are only looking for trouble. Obviously her parents want her to be happy and is the guy happy? Her parents will big time run his life if they start forking money for the wedding and other things. If they guy is smart before the wedding he will tell the woman's parents to stick their money where the sun don't shine that to not interfere with his future wife and him because it should be about the guy and his wife but guys became soft and stupid and want to run for that money. It shows the guy has no lead into the marriage

Last edited by Ocnbtrn; 09-27-2015 at 10:46 PM..

Old 09-27-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thanks... LOL, I was starting to think I was living in la la land...well, I do live in So Cal, so I'm half way there... LOL

I've done ok in my life, not rich by any shot, but for my age bracket I'm top 5 percent in terms of income/wealth but you'd never know it by looking at me.

I have long hair, wear Slayer and Metallica T shirts, I used to drive a real beater of a car, so I probably come off as being "deceptive" to potential women I may or may not date... LOL....

For me I'm not a flashy person in terms of what little money I do have. I'd rather have no debt and money in the bank than try and bling bling.

That's part of where we got into this problem in our county, a few yrs ago everyone was tapping into their homes to get equity out to drive the big expensive cars, boats and other toys, basically people trying to be ballers.....

To get back to the topic, like I posted before I think it just makes things easier if people have similar socio-economic backgrounds, not saying it wouldn't work out, but in general makes things easier.

Money is a hot button issue for a lot of people, it's one of the primary reasons marriages break up, money and sex typically are the two largest reasons.
You are right about that. Sex , money and love don't mix well and money issues is what causes couples to argue. Married people obviously say things are good out in public but it is hell on eArth behind closed doors and it's a fact!!!!

Old 09-27-2015, 10:20 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I made the grave mistake of falling in love with a fantastic girl from a wealthy home and her parents shut it down after they found out i was middle class.
my heart still today hurts 45 years later.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
This and.. I believe that a lot of guys would be intimidated if a woman's wealth was significantly higher than his. Guys being the traditional bread winners and all.
Well men are supposed to be head of the household. Men have become more like little girls because they are scared to take their place as breadwinners. It is yes mam or no mam after they get married. The wife should just put her husband on a leash like a dog

Last edited by Ocnbtrn; 09-28-2015 at 06:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships