Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 06:15 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

FWIW a very small number of men will suffer lingering discomfort following a vasectomy. Apparently I'm one of the lucky few.
Does it still linger?
How would you take care of it?

Old 10-19-2015, 06:58 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Does it still linger?
How would you take care of it?
I just live with it. I saw a urologist earlier this year about it. She said we could try to reverse it, but that some men just never fully recover. I'll randomly feel pressure on one side. If it happens to follow sexual activity it can be pretty intense. I didn't want to get it reversed though.

I got the procedure because my wife had a really bad pregnancy with our youngest. After that we decided we were done having kids and it was worth it to get snipped. It's been almost a year and a half and like I said, there is still some random pain/pressure build up on one side. But most of the time it's manageable.

I'm glad to have shared all of this with CD.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:03 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times
Sorry

Old 10-19-2015, 08:03 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,291,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
You have unrealistic antiquated expectations for women. The type you describe isn't going to "screw around."
Get your azz to church.
Seconded. Church seems like a great place to find mates who share antiquated expectations for women.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

FWIW a very small number of men will suffer lingering discomfort following a vasectomy. Apparently I'm one of the lucky few.
I went with my husband when he had his done. He's very, very averse to medical stuff in general, so I was extremely nervous for him. I was in the waiting room, anxiously awaiting his arrival post-vasectomy. A nurse came out and said to another nurse, "The poor guy is throwing up. He's really having a hard time back there." Naturally I assumed it was my husband and was so worried that he was horking up his guts and full of regret. My husband came out 5 minutes later, all doped up, grinning and loud.
The bummer is... a year later I had to have an emergency hysterectomy. Poor guy could have skipped the whole thing!

Sorry to hear you were one of the unlucky ones. That is terrible. I really hope it improves with time.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:41 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
The type of woman that the OP is seeking would find ALL of this posturing extremely unattractive and therein lies his problem. He is NOT deemed attractive to the types of women that he is attracted to. And for us attraction is far beyond just looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Backstory: I'm 32, Male, Black, and just about 98% of the women I come across say I'm attractive physically, mentally, financially and personality wise. I'm also GOOD in bed. I have an MBA, good career, my finances are great, I stay in the Suburbs, I workout and have a 6 pack as well. I'm solid all the way around.

I have been dating consistently for the last 7 years, woman after woman on a quest to find someone of quality to build something long term with. Long story short, I found no one even CLOSE to it. There's been consistently FOUR types of women I have ran across:

- Type 1: Her interest at the time is great, good finances, no kids, smart, but she's OVERWEIGHT to the point of when she takes her clothes off, I get turned off. She looks better in clothes than outside of them.

- Type 2: This chick here looks good in clothes and outside, her interest at the time is great, but her issue is that she's BROKE as hell with extreme financial problems. I'm talking about so extreme to where I would literally need to become her "daddy" and she become my dependent.

- Type 3: This chick here usually looks good in clothes and outside, no kids, smart, finances good, but she has mixed signals like hell. I mean literally, she likes me Monday, hates me Tuesday, so so likes me Wednesday, likes me again on Thursday, hates me again on Friday.

- Type 4: The same as Type 3, but add ON TOP of that, she is a gold-digger and consistently seeks to try to get money out of me.

For 7 years, this has been my results. I meet women everywhere, from stores, to clubs, to networking events, to online. Same.....damn.....results.

I've had enough. I'm fed up. All I'm looking for is a balanced woman that has good interest, good finances, no kids, smart, AND she looks good. You don't have to be a damn fitness model, but you also DON'T have to be 350lbs either.

So I've scheduled the Vasectomy on October 30th. I will continue to date and screw around with these chicks, but I can't invest anything into them for the long term to build anything.

So I opted out of Marriage alongside this deal.

I'm making this thread for you guys to see my situation and see if others are going through the SAME thing I'm going through? I have no issues posting my pictures for you guys on here so you can see what I look like.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,337,825 times
I am 38 and always thought of myself as a gen xer is that correct?...oh well I cant give you any other advice except, hang in there and be patient. You seriously should go at least Bi though, believe me you would score big time...it's a shame really.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
OP updated this thread earlier but it appears to have been deleted. I wonder if OP deleted it himself or if he was reigned in by one of our mods?

I'm curious, OP. Have you gone through with the vasectomy? Wasn't it scheduled for this week?

Old 11-02-2015, 06:44 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Lol...

I can just imagine it.

Yeah doc, gimme the snip, right here right now *waves frozen peas*

No, men do not usually volunteer for such procedures. Not unless a female partner is insisting or they already have a bunch of kids.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
I'm thinking maybe the OP should try dating a woman instead of a chick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships