Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 11:41 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Neil Degrasse Tyson
I've been a fan of Neil for years, but he's mostly known in skeptic/atheist circles, and the women who admire him are typically atheist or agnostic. I don't think Jotucker is either.

The thing is, many of the educated and intelligent black women who have their **** together and married men like them are either not religious or are very liberal and live in culturally and religiously progressive areas. Like D.C., the PNW, Bay Area, etc.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:42 AM

3,954 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
I've asked you guys for EXAMPLES. I gave you the thug/criminal example of Jeremy Meeks with educated black women saying they prefer men like him. I gave you PROOF, after you guys kept saying I'm just making this up.

I don't want to hear STORIES of how you and your 2 friends or auntie or cousin don't date thugs/criminals.

I want you to SHOW me black women passing around the pics of Black CPAs, Engineers, Doctors, Dentists, etc., on the internet, or blogs, or videos, etc., saying how ATTRACTIVE the guy is and basically worshipping him like they did Jeremy Meeks.

SHOW IT TO ME.............
People look at statistics of group behavior (such as your example of black women falling for Jeremy Meeks) and apply them to individual situations. By doing that you leave out variances that make a diffence. Such as being happy with yourself and letting that shine thru. Or finding ways to put yourself in places you might connect ONE TO ONE with a woman and find a real connection.

Being upset so many women like an ideal that seems contrary to who you are doesn't help you.

I think it is a numbers game. Find new ways to meet women without expectations or pressures for this ONE woman is IT.

Edit to add...

Would you want a woman whose ideal mate was this Jeremy Meeks? These women help narrow the field so you don't have them to seed thru. Of at least when you find a woman who does want that kind of man, you move on to ( hopefully!) a better match.

NOT every woman wants this kind of man for a serious relationship.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 06-14-2016 at 11:58 AM..

Old 06-14-2016, 11:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Here's a video by Janice JNice, another black chick that fits my "type" in terms of being sexy, no kids, educated, etc. She's currently finishing a PhD or might already be done with the PhD.

And here's a video of her talking about how Jeremy Meeks is so fine, so sexy, and basically worshipping the GROUND he walks on.

After watching this video, scroll through the videos of her channel and find me ONE video of her talking about how a Black CPA, Engineer, Doctor, Dentist, etc., is so fine...so sexy....etc.. Okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C6_VNL2qOY
Did you even watch it? She said dating him would be a bad idea.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I've been a fan of Neil for years, but he's mostly known in skeptic/atheist circles, and the women who admire him are typically atheist or agnostic. I don't think Jotucker is either.

The thing is, many of the educated and intelligent black women who have their **** together and married men like them are either not religious or are very liberal and live in culturally and religiously progressive areas. Like D.C., the PNW, Bay Area, etc.
The other thing is, and this is a problem in our society, but doctors, lawyers, physicians, etc largely aren't famous at all. This talking about so and so only occurs with people with fame. Athletes, musicians, and people in the media (which focuses on the negative), are the ones getting spoken about. There are plenty of professional men of color (like Henry Gates Jr.) which have their groupies, they aren't going to be a youtube thing like a musician or an athlete, or even a gangsta.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:50 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,312 times
Quote:
Meta I read everything you said but hear me out.....please.

Did you WATCH the JNICE video I posted? This is a young, black, attractive, intelligent, childless, classy, woman who is a PhD Candidate (or she might already have her PhD). If there ever was an example of the GOOD BLACK GIRL, the GOOD EDUCATED BLACK WOMAN, this is IT.

But she is on this video worshipping and glorifying a thug/criminal named Jeremy Meeks with a teardrop on his eye, which means he MURDERED somebody.

I want you to scroll to 1:15 in the video and listen until 1:47, she will make the following statement:

"Soo....you just aren't supposed to find a man attractive JUST because he's committed crimes?"

NO JNICE! You are NOT supposed to find a thug/criminal attractive who is a convicted murderer and has taken somebody's life!!!

JNICE doesn't have one.....not ONE video of a black CPA, Engineer, Doctor, or anybody on her channel who is attractive that she's worshipping, glorifying, defending, etc. like she's doing for the thug/criminal convicted murderer Jeremy Meeks.

You said I was making this up, I'm showing you EXAMPLES of how I'm NOT making this up!

MORE than thugs, criminals, and murderers like Jeremy Meeks have done! But he gets worshipped, praised, and all types of things from black women who have PhDs!!
I don't think he is getting praise for being a thug. Women are just saying how attractive he is. You are getting so upset about this when bm do the same thing. Every bw has to have the biggest behind in the world or you guys aren't interested. It doesn't matter if it's fake or not, as long as she can twerk with it. LOL I see bm praising thots and sluts on a regular basis but if that's what they prefer, then oh, well. Anyway, I know plenty of bw who would date someone like you. I don't understand why they would pick a "thug". Maybe your attitude or personality is a turn off.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:52 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,828,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Did you even watch it? She said dating him would be a bad idea.
No she said it "probabllyyyyyyyy" would be a bad idea. And she said that after nearly the entire video of worshipping, gloryifying, kneeling down, etc., in the convicted thug/criminal/murderer's presence.

Again, NO video from her of a CPA or Engineer or Doctor saying he's attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Does an attractive criminal, deadbeat or "thug" suddenly become unattractive or ugly because of their sketchy behavior?
YES THEY DO!

It's like me getting up saying Casey Anthony is sexy and she Barbequed her own daughter! Under other circumstances such as not having this criminal past, would Casey Anthony be attractive? YES!

But to come out of your mouth as an intelligent, educated, PHD CANDIDATE black woman and say that you think a man who has MURDERED somebody cold blood and with a life long history of criminal behavior....is ATTRACTIVE....shows you exactly what I've been saying this entire time!

You keep telling me to find my "type"....find my "type".....and I keep telling you that my "type" of the black, educated, NERD, black woman is chasing after, worshipping, glorifying THUGS LIKE JEREMY MEEKS.

Do you see one video of JNICE where she is talking about how this Black CPA or Black Lawyer she's talking to is so sexy? Do you see it Meta??? No you don't!

Old 06-14-2016, 11:52 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The other thing is, and this is a problem in our society, but doctors, lawyers, physicians, etc largely aren't famous at all. This talking about so and so only occurs with people with fame. Athletes, musicians, and people in the media (which focuses on the negative), are the ones getting spoken about. There are plenty of professional men of color (like Henry Gates Jr.) which have their groupies, they aren't going to be a youtube thing like a musician or an athlete, or even a gangsta.
Right, I know a lot of women who are swooning over Leslie Odom Jr. lately, but he's huge because of Hamilton so he wouldn't count in the OP's mind.

Regular people aren't generally celebrities, so the OP setting the goalpost of internet fame for regular decent people is setting the bar at an unattainable level. I can't speak to the dating scene for professional black people, but I have to think that there are better places on the internet to find like-minded people than YouTube.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 06-14-2016 at 12:04 PM..

Old 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM

914 posts, read 737,671 times
Quote:

I want you to scroll to 1:15 in the video and listen until 1:47, she will make the following statement:

"Soo....you just aren't supposed to find a man attractive JUST because he's committed crimes?"
Oh please. That was very selective quoting. People should probably listen to 2:01 to make more sense of her statement.

"Soo....you just aren't supposed to find a man attractive JUST because he's committed crimes? Now there is a difference between finding someone attractive and actually being willing to date this man. Now obviously dating a man with a $900k bail is probably a bad idea. "

There, fixed it for you

Old 06-14-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Meta I read everything you said but hear me out.....please.

Did you WATCH the JNICE video I posted? This is a young, black, attractive, intelligent, childless, classy, woman who is a PhD Candidate (or she might already have her PhD). If there ever was an example of the GOOD BLACK GIRL, the GOOD EDUCATED BLACK WOMAN, this is IT.
Why do you care what she thinks of Jeremy if she's not your type. So what if she has the hots for Meeks. A ****-ton of well-to-do, attractive men date women with sketchy behaviors and attitudes. Those aren't my type, so why concern myself over it?

Quote:
But she is on this video worshipping and glorifying a thug/criminal named Jeremy Meeks with a teardrop on his eye, which means he MURDERED somebody.
Again, not your type. She could be the perfect, gorgeous, well-educated black woman with her **** together, and you still ignore that she is not your type.

Just because she is very attractive, intelligent, has no baby daddies, has "class" and has a doctorate degree does not mean she's your type, or you are hers. So move on.

Quote:

NO JNICE! You are NOT supposed to find a thug/criminal attractive who is a convicted murderer and has taken somebody's life!!!
Then don't date JNice if you have philosophical differences. Again, if she (and others) have shown you they're not your type, listen, and find someone who is.

Quote:
JNICE doesn't have one.....not ONE video of a black CPA, Engineer, Doctor, or anybody on her channel who is attractive that she's worshipping, glorifying, defending, etc. like she's doing for the thug/criminal convicted murderer Jeremy Meeks.

You said I was making this up, I'm showing you EXAMPLES of how I'm NOT making this up!

Maybe because random white collar men just don't make the news, unless you want her to gush about some random dude?

I can't say I understand making Youtube videos gushing about random people, but hey.

There's also this:

Babes behind bars: Most attractive mug shots

Oh, look, people gushing about her looks on social media. Imagine that. Are you saying she's ugly? If not, your argument is inconsistent and hypocritical. Or, are attractive criminals only ugly if they've committed violent crimes?

Arkansas Woman Called 'PrisonBae' After Mugshot Goes Viral

More pretty mugshots:

Mug Shots: Pretty Perps | The Smoking Gun

And with all the gushing over their looks, why would I care what other dudes think? I don't. Those same guys aren't gushing about the super successful or educated women. They're not making twitter posts about well-to-do women with their **** together. Heck, even I think some of these women are attractive. *shrug* Doesn't mean I want to date them.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, I know a lot of women who are swooning over Leslie Odom Jr. lately, but he's huge because of Hamilton so he wouldn't count in the OP's mind.

Regular people aren't generally celebrities, so the OP setting the goalpost of internet fame for regular decent people is setting the bar at an unattainable level. I can't speak to the dating scene for professional black people, but I have to think that there are better places on the internet to focus one's attention than YouTube.
What they said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships