Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 AM

388 posts, read 383,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post

Your desperation will turn everyone off. Try for just ONE DAY to not think of girls, and think about doing something fun. As long as you stay on the internet and whine and moan, NOBODY will want to be with you.
Go out. Go to your local meetup, lots of cute girls there. 2% who actually get dates? FML, where'd you get the stats from
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 04:31 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
2%? Are you serious! Please stop these "loser" threads and go talk to a therapist.
Everyone keeps telling you to go to a therapist. Do it! Much more productive use of time than starting Internet threads.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Well, I'll contribute.

Where do I meet women that I date? Here's the list, in descending order:

Co-ed activities/sports
Through mutual acquaintances
In social settings (bars, etc.)
Work

That's just by numbers of people. The activities/sports has BY FAR the most success with compatibility, etc.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:00 AM

112 posts, read 141,396 times
I don't even think one piece of advice would even help to lead me to approaching a woman and end up not working, I just give up on women and never approach them, they will just begin complaining about too much pick-up artists harassing them for their numbers, so I really don't know what it takes to date a woman since I probably fail to meet some of the requirements, such as being [mod cut] or looking handsome and having the money. Seeing other guys with women makes me feel a bit jealous and makes me feel so doubtful that I would ever find someone. It honestly sucks to see other guys dating girls who they don't even deserve to date. I feel hopeless about finding a soul-mate for myself, trust me you are not the only one.

Last edited by RedZin; 09-29-2015 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: Read the posting rules re: alpha/beta

Old 09-29-2015, 07:37 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Posters can start threads on topics that interest them. If you do not care for a poster and/or a topic, put the poster on ignore or simply stop reading and responding to that poster's topics.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:53 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
I am curious by your continued assertation that you "make friends" wherever you go. Can you elaborate? I remember you once saying you "made friends" at a ballgame. Did you really become friends with people? See them now, go out with them? Or do you mean you talked to some people at a social event?

Your over-inflation of, well, everything (or in this case, under-inflation--where did you get that 2% of men date?), is a really telling point of your personality, one that you don't seem to see.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:53 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post

I ask this stuff because it's incredibly depressing to see that the majority of people meet their significant other through their daily routine (IE they get to know them a bit before they ask them out) - I obviously never meet anyone unless I force myself to cold approach.
I have a group of about 6 friends. We are all in relationships. Out of the 6 (7 if you count me) 4 met the their boyfriends at a bar/out one night. He bought her a drink or they were in line for the bathroom (this is the best way to meet people at bars lol) and just hit it off. The three others (including me) met their boyfriends online. I just went to my first friend wedding for a match.com couple. My boyfriend and I met on an app and it turns out we lived in the very same building! No one was getting to know someone every day and it let to a relationship. "Getting to know the person" is the whole point of dating. This isn't high school where you are sitting at the same lunch table every day.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:00 AM

837 posts, read 753,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Hows that cold approach working out for you? Get off the internet. Go do something. Get a hobby, go bike riding. Join a club, do freaking SOMETHING. How many hours have you wasted here on the internet, when you could be having a life, meeting people. You dont have to meet girls, just get friends. Friends have sisters. Sisters want to meet guys. Its the circle of life.
I've calculated the number before

I've hung out multiple times with 130 people in my life. I currently have a good 15-20 people I would call my friends. I could probably have a lot more if I didn't work so damn much and had more time to socialize. It has never helped me at all in dating.

I have a very active and enjoyable life except for my immense struggles in dating

Quote:
Your desperation will turn everyone off. Try for just ONE DAY to not think of girls, and think about doing something fun. As long as you stay on the internet and whine and moan, NOBODY will want to be with you.
I don't do fun stuff?

In January, I'll be going to Miami for 5 days - my buddy has a beautiful apartment on the water and we'll be partying like rockstars. In March, I go to Hawaii for another 7 days - another buddy's parents have a beautiful Condo on the Big Island so we will have a great time

My lifestyle is absolutely magnificent.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I am curious by your continued assertation that you "make friends" wherever you go. Can you elaborate? I remember you once saying you "made friends" at a ballgame. Did you really become friends with people? See them now, go out with them? Or do you mean you talked to some people at a social event?

Your over-inflation of, well, everything (or in this case, under-inflation--where did you get that 2% of men date?), is a really telling point of your personality, one that you don't seem to see.
I think he said the 2% of men here.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:05 AM

837 posts, read 753,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Making friends just means getting along great with people at an event

I didn't ask to see them again because I barely have enough time for the friends I currently have.

Quote:

I was being facetious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships