Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yeah, who would expect someone to be able to talk to her partner about something that is important to her, something she has issues around, and something that makes her feel vulnerable?
If it were almost any other topic, it would not be unexpected. But this is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,355,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You want him to love you, and you want the words to follow.

You can't make that happen like magic. It has to grow and progress naturally.

What if he tells you he isn't ready to say those words yet?
Yep. Want in one hand, poop in the other. See which hand fills up first.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:17 PM

48 posts, read 69,103 times
Not sure if this will help since I see this post was from a little while ago, but I just wanted to let the OP know I am going through a very similar thing. SO of seven months; previously divorced (him, not me). I did say it to him and he said it back but I know he was not ready. We talked, and I told him I would wait for him to be comfortable saying it.

The first week after I was miserable and hated that he didn't feel comfortable saying it and I questioned EVERYTHING. But then I realized what a lot of other posters are saying; which is that he shows me how committed he is everyday. I think he does love me but can't say it yet for whatever reason.

But, to be fair to myself and to you, I do feel the need to put certain parameters on this. If, for example, we have been together for a 1 year+ and he still can't seem to say it, I know this will become a problem for me because I do think it is important to express your love for someone verbally as well and if my SO (and yours) cannot do this then that needs to be dealt with.

All this being said, i would not worry about it for now and enjoy what you have.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,891,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danak13 View Post
If, for example, we have been together for a 1 year+ and he still can't seem to say it, I know this will become a problem for me because I do think it is important to express your love for someone verbally as well and if my SO (and yours) cannot do this then that needs to be dealt with.
Does he know about this one year limit?

Old 10-22-2015, 08:36 AM

48 posts, read 69,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Does he know about this one year limit?
No he does not specifically and the timeline is not set in my head depending how things plan out with us. But he does know that I am concerned that our feelings may not match up one day and if he doesn't or can't eventually feel the same for me and I do for him it will be a big problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships