Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:24 AM

118 posts, read 95,492 times

Advertisements

What? If every girl darted from every guy who said something dismissive and stupid to her, we wouldn't need population control. She will be fine, just apologize like every other guy on the planet does when they are like that.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:35 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,701,546 times
What you said was dismissive, but it wasn't all that or awful. As others pointed out, if she's a woman worth having a relationship with she will understand you are human and have feelings and can make mistakes (being short with her). But also like others said, it kind of depends on how far along things are between you to. My assumption based on the limited information in this thread, you are close enough that she will forgive you. Just don't wait too long to apologize because there is the risk that she might be slightly hurt by your words (and that kind of thing only festers the longer you leave it alone... best to say your sorry ASAP and doing a little something to "make it up" to her can go a long way too). Good luck.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:02 AM

13,637 posts, read 9,693,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydspapa View Post
What? If every girl darted from every guy who said something dismissive and stupid to her, we wouldn't need population control. She will be fine, just apologize like every other guy on the planet does when they are like that.
One would suppose that this is true. Somehow it must be! And yet, it's also true that in any relationship - be it amongst neighbors, coworkers, customers and retailers, or something leading to romance - it requires months or years of good conduct and effusive exchange to build trust and rapport, but only one insolent or dismissive remark to ruin it all.

Consider: if you drive sober every day, for 30 years, but one day get intoxicated and drive - you're branded a drunk driver. The hundreds of thousands of miles driven sober don't count. One dumb transgression annihilates so many years of sincere effort.

Hopefully the OP can recover from this minor spat. But overarching lesson for us all, is that trust is fragile: difficult to build up, easy to break.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:39 AM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times
SOOOoooooooooooooo ADI, UPDATE????

Old 10-02-2015, 05:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,197,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
SOOOoooooooooooooo ADI, UPDATE????
I'll try and tell you tomorrow. She works on weeknights. Sometimes, she goes cold turkey for a few days. Earlier, I used to see her nearly every day, but now only see her twice a week. I attribute it to a demanding workload.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-02-2015 at 05:29 PM..

Old 10-02-2015, 05:24 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,090 times
Back in the olden days a guy would've sent flowers.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:21 PM

579 posts, read 555,106 times
I have to be honest, if I was in her position I would be upset. Telling someone you don't want to talk to them is hurtful. There were better ways you could handle it in the future, Imo you handled it badly. Say "I'm stressed out and need to be alone for tonight" or something to that effect. The way you worded it made it sound personal which is why she's upset.

Anyways..Just say sorry and wait for the response. If she actually thinks you're worth it (which she may not, who knows) then she will accept the apology and move on. If she won't accept the apology, then maybe she just has a limited tolerance or she was never that into you in the first place.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:27 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,197,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
Just say sorry and wait for the response. If she actually thinks you're worth it (which she may not, who knows) then she will accept the apology and move on. If she won't accept the apology, then maybe she just has a limited tolerance or she was never that into you in the first place.
I'd like to know soon enough. She approached, I got attracted, and then this mess happened.

Had another bad day at work, and told my boss that I'm taking the weekend off to relieve myself. I was under so much stress when things unexpectedly failed today .

Old 10-02-2015, 06:28 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,287,929 times
If it took one bad day to scare her off, she wasn't interested romantically in the first place. IME that when women are into you, you are given "passes" quite frequently. If someone can't understand that you may have a bad day, where you aren't "available" to them, then they are more trouble than it's worth. Not worth a moment of loss sleep or stress.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:33 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,294,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Back in the olden days a guy would've sent flowers.
If he's as smart and as great as I have always thought him to be, he will! Or he will do something pretty darn terrific to make up for his acting out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.