Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:29 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times

Advertisements

whether local or international, you start with mutual attraction and your attraction is your blue passport.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
My ex (military) told me the funniest stories about the blue passport attraction.

He often went to poor(er) countries and women stuck on him and his coworkers [bleep].

My ex was below average looking, chubby, and super shy.

Once his coworker was going out with a woman (somewhere in Africa, I forgot where exactly), and after two weeks he visited her for the first time at her own place. She opened the door and the whole apartment was cleared out and suitcases standing around. He said "oh, are you going on vacation?"

Uhm. She was packing to move to the U.S. with him...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-10-2015 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Circumventing language filter.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:47 PM

119 posts, read 106,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
There are lots of Eastern European countries that do just fine. But there are parts of Russia and other countries who ARE poor. I had a coworker once a few years ago who was 65 and his gf in Russia was 25 and super hot. He went there 1-2x a year to let lose and bring her money and gifts. COME ON ...

And if you are UNABLE get a gf in the US, nobody likes your online profile but you get several hits online from Eastern Europe ... come on... let's be realistic ...
Same in the US. Rich American man like Donald Trump for exmaple can get models because of money. She is for the money. American women are just of much of a gold digger than a woman from another country.

Your example of 65 with a 25 year is not the same as me. I'm 29 years old so I can connect with a 25 year old woman because I'm likely to share her activities. The woman I'm talking to is 22 years old. The age gap is not remotely as big as the one you mention.

I can tell you are one of those women that always feel that if a man dates a foreign woman he is label a loser. Have you ever thought that American women traditions are not what men are looking for. Women in America I would say are hard to approach they will label you all kind of names from creep to weirdo. A man can approach foreign women and never had such a reaction. Many men who actually live and travelled abroad tells me these things. American women alwayswant to feel rhey are the best of any woman in this world. Maybe American women should explore foreign instead of calling men losers who go abroad.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
American men who are not in the top tier of desirability themselves will tend to find more desirable women who are interested in them outside of America. This is especially true in poor countries. It's not as if these men are misrepresenting themselves. They are genuinely more desired by women outside their homeland. I see no ethical problem in taking advantage of that fact.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
Would you get into a relationship with a foreign woman?
Well, as long as she's not asking me to send $5000 cash while she waits for a $10000 check to clear, I guess it would be all right.

[]

Old 10-02-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
Same in the US. Rich American man like Donald Trump for exmaple can get models because of money. She is for the money. American women are just of much of a gold digger than a woman from another country.

Your example of 65 with a 25 year is not the same as me. I'm 29 years old so I can connect with a 25 year old woman because I'm likely to share her activities. The woman I'm talking to is 22 years old. The age gap is not remotely as big as the one you mention.

I can tell you are one of those women that always feel that if a man dates a foreign woman he is label a loser. Have you ever thought that American women traditions are not what men are looking for. Women in America I would say are hard to approach they will label you all kind of names from creep to weirdo. A man can approach foreign women and never had such a reaction. Many men who actually live and travelled abroad tells me these things. American women alwayswant to feel rhey are the best of any woman in this world. Maybe American women should explore foreign instead of calling men losers who go abroad.
I suspect American women resent the fact that their chances of finding a more desirable mate abroad are relatively slim. Going foreign isn't going to work for them like it does for men.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:29 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
As someone that has traveled extensively (and met/dated women in other countries), I don't think that either extreme is true.

No, most women from poorer countries are not looking for a green card and money. No, foreign women are not all candy and sunshine. Also, there are good, attractive, single American women out there.

In my experience, if you do international online dating (true "mail order brides" do not exist anymore), you are likely to run into mostly scammers and semi-pro prostitutes. These women are specifically looking for foreigners for this reason.

However, if you get your boots on the ground, make some friends, and cold approach, you will do well and will meet high quality women easily (moreso than if you tried to do the same thing in the US).

I'm a good-looking guy. I occasionally get hit on in the US and I've rarely met a girl that doesn't think I'm at least cute. Well, in the Philippines, women were falling all over me. Literally, they were giggling, dropping what they were doing, trying to compose themselves, even in the most metro areas. These were women with respectable jobs in the Philippines (working at airport, businesswomen, medical, etc). If you move there, you would have no trouble dating. I promise you.

Unfortunately, just about everything else in the Philippines sucks.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:28 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I suspect American women resent the fact that their chances of finding a more desirable mate abroad are relatively slim. Going foreign isn't going to work for them like it does for men.
I don't think most American women resent it. Why would they? From what I've read on this forums, most women of any age don't have issues meeting men, being hit on, etc. It's also what I've observed off these forums.

Now, there are women (usually shy, socially awkward, etc, etc) that might resent it. Their shy, awkward counterparts can easily go over seas and find someone while they can't. In that case, you can't blame them can you? At least American men who are unlucky in love have an option, American women who are unlucky in love don't (at least not as much... there are "mail order bride" services more so than "mail order groom" or at least I've never heard of the latter).

I suppose if either American men or women actually traveled outside the U.S. to meet someone, THEN they would have better luck. But that requires money and most single Americans don't earn the kind of money it takes to travel like that... and women have less options to travel alone in the countries where people are eager to marry an American and get out. In that case, you are right that they have slim chances as they have less options again.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:30 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Well, as long as she's not asking me to send $5000 cash while she waits for a $10000 check to clear, I guess it would be all right.

[]
Yeah, beware of scammers OP.

Again, OP, if I were you I would really consider dating foreign women that live close by to you. If it's a scam or if it just plain doesn't work out like the majority of online dates, at least you won't have invested much time or money. I think people fall into a trap of settling after they've invested a lot to meet someone... don't fall into that trap.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I don't think most American women resent it. Why would they? From what I've read on this forums, most women of any age don't have issues meeting men, being hit on, etc. It's also what I've observed off these forums.
Sure, most women can get a date and sex, but that isn't what they ultimately want. They're looking for a high value man who will commit to them - give them exclusive attention and significant financial resources - while respecting their modern Western woman sensibilities.

Quote:
Now, there are women (usually shy, socially awkward, etc, etc) that might resent it. Their shy, awkward counterparts can easily go over seas and find someone while they can't. In that case, you can't blame them can you? At least American men who are unlucky in love have an option, American women who are unlucky in love don't (at least not as much... there are "mail order bride" services more so than "mail order groom" or at least I've never heard of the latter).

I suppose if either American men or women actually traveled outside the U.S. to meet someone, THEN they would have better luck. But that requires money and most single Americans don't earn the kind of money it takes to travel like that... and women have less options to travel alone in the countries where people are eager to marry an American and get out. In that case, you are right that they have slim chances as they have less options again.
I don't think American women can improve the odds of finding what they really want overseas. Almost anywhere they go their chances decrease rather than increase. Men, on the other hand, just want to be wanted by someone who is pretty and feminine. And such women can be found all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.