Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, I think thats the way to do it - enhance a little what you have but don't go overboard and turn yourself into a different looking person.
There are times that I say, jokingly, that I fail at being a woman because I am just not into makeup/accessories and fashion that many others are. Especially makeup. That I can count, I own two eye shadow palettes, two mascaras (one is about done), an eyeliner pencil, a trial size kit of bareMinerals (that I've had for a year and a half), and an eyebrow pencil. I have two lip glosses that I cycle through.

I haven't purchased new makeup in well-over a year. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to do, it's not getting done. "Putting on" my face consists of quickly applying eye shadow, mineral foundation, mascara, and lip gloss. Maybe eyeliner, and sometimes just eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. 10 minutes in most cases, 15 minutes tops to get the eyeliner right.

I am admittedly lazy when it comes to such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
^^^this^^^

OK - that is a slight exaggeration but gets the point across. Makeup is terrible for the skin/body and it makes people not look right. I'm into natural beauty and healthy looking partners. Want to know what looks awesome? Women who do yoga 6 times a week, practice vedanta, and who eat vegetarian. The vibes/energy, the intelligent conversations, the beauty... omg, it is amazing. You can have the women who load on makeup.. I'll take these other Goddesses.
Nah, I love my bacon. Not giving up my bacon and protein-style cheeseburgers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Looking awesome is different for everyone, as evidenced here.

Yeah, generally I find women that rely on yoga as pretty unfit. They're limber and lean, but their not muscular fit and often not cardo fit.

And dating a veggie sucks. I'm trying to date a pescatarian now and its bit of a downer.

116 posts, read 138,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
^^^this^^^

OK - that is a slight exaggeration but gets the point across. Makeup is terrible for the skin/body and it makes people not look right. I'm into natural beauty and healthy looking partners. Want to know what looks awesome? Women who do yoga 6 times a week, practice vedanta, and who eat vegetarian. The vibes/energy, the intelligent conversations, the beauty... omg, it is amazing. You can have the women who load on makeup.. I'll take these other Goddesses.
No one wants to hang out with an elitist health freak either, darling.

I thought the point of makeup was to...

even out skin tone
fill out thin brows
highlight cheekbones
make lips look fuller
make eyes bigger and brighter
Lashes longer and thicker

If that's not "looking right" then I don't know what is.

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
You know the type. Hair and makeup always done, looks polished, not really over dressed but puts effort into her giddup. Think beauty pageant wannabe.

Some examples:

Kim Kardashian pre-Kanye
Katie Price
Lilly Ghalichi
Mariah Carey
Liz Taylor
Marilyn Monroe
Jennifer Lopez
Cher
Dolly Parton

Some posters are implying that glamour girls are brain dead dolls. From observation in real life, they are in fact, many of them, very intelligent. Intelligent enough to get guys to wait for sex and get them what they want. They work out, practice yoga and diet making themselves even more attractive to guys. They grasped that looks coupled with high intelligence can get them far. No different from a guy using his intelligence to climb up the corporate ladder.

I work in a city full of these types of women. Would I be into them? Hell yes. Will they want me? Probably not, given the opportunity risk of being with a more successful man.

The OP's list of names are some beautiful women.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
I can't even stand to be around those women so I wonder how guys deal with it.

You always have to park first row because they can't walk far with their heels. Also, you have to walk slow with them because of the heels and you have to listen to their complaining about walking. Generally, it's worth it. Most women I currently know couldn't be bothered to wear heels at all, or outfits that would compliment them. Then again, women that are accustomed to wearing heels don't have trouble walking in them. It's the ones that never wear them except that ONE TIME that do the complaining.

You are always late to everything because they take so long to get ready. I also take a long time to get ready. It is rarely (though, not "never") an issue for me.

They have to stand/sit in a specific way in a specific spot when you go somewhere because of their hair/heels/dress/sunlight .... I've never come across this.

They need all that special stuff like straws, being close to the bathroom, not too cold or too hot because they can't sweat or be cold, lighting has to be perfect. I've never come across this either.

You cannot kiss them or hug tightly because of make up, lipstick, dress, hair, nails, .... Only one that's an issue here is lipstick, which I don't like anyway (as mentioned earlier) Never been an issue with hugging.

And I am betting that during sex it is no different ... It's all over the place. Some are absolute firecrackers, and some are total prudes.

I don't understand why guys put up with this if there are many natural looking girls around who are easier to hang out with. For the same reason that some women won't date "regular guys" who are easier to hang out with than their higher-maintenance counterparts.
I'm in a very "devil's advocate" mood today, so I'll bite responses above in bold.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:45 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, generally I find women that rely on yoga as pretty unfit. They're limber and lean, but their not muscular fit and often not cardo fit.

And dating a veggie sucks. I'm trying to date a pescatarian now and its bit of a downer.
My opinion as well. I like a little extra meat (both muscle and fat), so in addition to the difficulty in finding places to eat, there's also a body-shape element to it that I don't care for. Pescatarian wouldn't be AS bad imo, but still...I hear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
Some posters are implying that glamour girls are brain dead dolls. From observation in real life, they are in fact, many of them, very intelligent. Intelligent enough to get guys to wait for sex and get them what they want. They work out, practice yoga and diet making themselves even more attractive to guys. They grasped that looks coupled with high intelligence can get them far. No different from a guy using his intelligence to climb up the corporate ladder.

I work in a city full of these types of women. Would I be into them? Hell yes. Will they want me? Probably not, given the opportunity risk of being with a more successful man.

The OP's list of names are some beautiful women.
Exactly. In my experience, it's simply classic hating. Just like all rich guys must be douchebags. In both cases, many are, but there are PLENTY who are not.

116 posts, read 138,011 times
I take a long time getting ready, but I'm never late for anything. The key is getting up early in the morning, and living off coffee.

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
I can't even stand to be around those women so I wonder how guys deal with it.

You always have to park first row because they can't walk far with their heels. Also, you have to walk slow with them because of the heels and you have to listen to their complaining about walking.

You are always late to everything because they take so long to get ready.

They have to stand/sit in a specific way in a specific spot when you go somewhere because of their hair/heels/dress/sunlight ....

They need all that special stuff like straws, being close to the bathroom, not too cold or too hot because they can't sweat or be cold, lighting has to be perfect.

You cannot kiss them or hug tightly because of make up, lipstick, dress, hair, nails, ....

And I am betting that during sex it is no different ...

I don't understand why guys put up with this if there are many natural looking girls around who are easier to hang out with.
This was always a pet peeve of mine. I hate walking in on films that are already 10 to 15 minutes into it. I'd tell her the movie started 20 minutes earlier than it really did and we'd usually get there about on time.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:21 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
This was always a pet peeve of mine. I hate walking in on films that are already 10 to 15 minutes into it. I'd tell her the movie started 20 minutes earlier than it really did and we'd usually get there about on time.
My mom always took forever to get ready and blocked the one bathroom we had. I swore myself to never be like that. Every single hair had to be put in place and she plastered on a ton of makeup. After half hour in the bathroom I found her to look no different as after 1 or 2 hours. I am not sure if she really needed hours to get ready or if it just felt like forever.

Anyhow, when she was FINALLY ready to go, my dad drove like an a$$ to wherever we had to be to not be that much late, I was scared to die and we were all stressed out but HEY, MOM LOOKED FANTASTIC

I wash my hair, let it air dry. Put on a little eye liner and that's it. About four times a year I wear lipstick.

I have found that if I put more on I don't look that different (I always look very natural no matter what I do).

Old 10-02-2015, 10:29 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
If you are looking for trophy wife, first forget the full night club make-up during the day. It's tired looking.

1. Be thin and have excellent muscle definition.
2. Professional blow out every three days. High end cut and highlights. Long hair.
3. Mani / pedi always fresh.
4. Legs and everywhere else always waxed.
5. Casual but well made clothes. Fitted / Tailored. Heels majority of the time.
6. Tan. Unhealthy so you might want a spray on.

Edit

7. Eyelash weave pretty standard now

That's the basics and it's time consuming and expensive. Assuming you are good looking without spackling.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships