Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 05:12 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
It's not hard to see OP is trying to get over a guy she fell in love with.

Why all the questions about how long they've known each other and what masters degree she has? If she says she's in love/strongly attached/feels amazing connection, that's what it is.

OP wants to know if she can forget this guy..the answer is it's impossible to forget. As some have mentioned, it can take a very long time. She should prioritise her family now and other hobbies
The OP had an on-line emotional affair with a guy whom she claims loves her.

She also claims that she loves the *guy* as well.

Yet she never met the guy in person.

So tell me this....

How in the world can you fall in love with someone whom you never met in real life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 05:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post

How in the world can you fall in love with someone whom you never met in real life?
...in one month.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:15 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I did break it off with the other guy, have you not read this thread at all? And I'm glad you aren't my husband as you are glad I'm not your wife. Lol.
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Are you really laughing at all of this?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:16 PM

579 posts, read 555,664 times
I'm still struggling to let go of someone I had a thing with years ago. I know it's never going to happen and we don't even live in the same place but he is the only guy I've ever felt genuinely compatible with and he just made me feel great.Oh well

Old 10-02-2015, 05:21 PM

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Quote:
The OP had an on-line emotional affair with a guy whom she claims loves her.

She also claims that she loves the *guy* as well.

Yet she never met the guy in person.

So tell me this....

Everyone has a different definition of love. For some it is spiritual connectedness, for others, it is only love when they've lived together for years. And then there is the definition of very strong chemistry or a feeling they have a karmic bond. They may never have met in real life but through communications they established some bond. The reason I don't dispute OP's feelings is because she has a very strong conviction in what she feels towards the guy.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:23 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
$6000/mo ?? I live in one the most expensive metro areas in the country, where even mediocre daycare is more than the cost of college tuition... and it wouldn't cost anywhere near that much to pay for childcare, especially considering that 2 of your 3 are in school all day.
It was $700 per week per child. You do the math for 3 children. That was for just a regular no frills daycare.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:24 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
Everyone has a different definition of love. For some it is spiritual connectedness, for others, it is only love when they've lived together for years. And then there is the definition of very strong chemistry or a feeling they have a karmic bond. They may never have met in real life but through communications they established some bond. The reason I don't dispute OP's feelings is because she has a very strong conviction in what she feels towards the guy.
To develop those kinds of feelings, that deeply, and that intensely in such a short amount of time when she is married would mean that something is desperately missing in her life.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I know. I'm lucky and grateful the other guy is smarter than me and said exactly what you did and said we needed to back off. I knew I couldn't be satisfied with limited contact because of my feelings for him, so I've cut it off completely.
Try not to lose focus on your family while going though this heartbreak. Your kids need a mom that isn't in an emotional wreck. So, for the kids sake, hang in there.

Btw:Im wondering if he did say he loved you and wanted to be together? Would you have left your husband/family??? From what I'm gathering, the only reason why this didn't go any further is because the love wasn't reciprocated?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Are you really laughing at all of this?
I'm laughing that he thinks I'd care what he would do if he was my husband. What does that have to do with anything?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Try not to lose focus on your family while going though this heartbreak. Your kids need a mom that isn't in an emotional wreck. So, for the kids sake, hang in there.

Btw:Im wondering if he did say he loved you and wanted to be together? Would you have left your husband/family??? From what I'm gathering, the only reason why this didn't go any further is because the love wasn't reciprocated?
We mutually agreed if we both found ourselves single at the same time we'd pursue a more committed relationship. We also both agreed we had no intention or desire to leave our spouses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships