Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 02:38 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times

Advertisements

You have to decide what it is you truly want, OP.

Do you want to stay with your husband who you've been with for years?

Or....

Do you want to leave for a possibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 02:38 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You don't get to choose who you fall in love with (develop feelings for).

However, you do get to choose what you do with it.
True, I once heard someone say that you can't control a bird from landing on your head.

You can however stop it from making a nest.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:39 PM

361 posts, read 333,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
You have an agenda against marriage and no real understanding of human motivation so I'm not surprised at all by your response
No, I have an agenda against people like you who obviously don't respect their marriage vows and are dishonest. I feel sorry for your husband or maybe I don't. A lot of men out there deserve people like you because they are idiots themselves.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:40 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
No, I have an agenda against people like you who obviously don't respect their marriage vows and are dishonest. I feel sorry for your husband or maybe I don't. A lot of men out there deserve people like you because they are idiots themselves.
You are not being very fair.

Op is honest and I believe she wants to fix her marriage. She never slept with the guy and she stopped the relationship before it is too late.

Everybody makes mistakes, people deserve a second chance. NO?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:41 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You don't get to choose who you fall in love with (develop feelings for).

However, you do get to choose what you do with it.
No ****, you said it. I never thought at my age, with three kids and 10 years of marriage I'd ever have feelings for anyone else.

I don't know why I thought myself immune, but I am obviously not. However this guy will always be with me, no other man outside my marriage will ever measure up.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:42 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
So people deserve to be hurt for being stupid?? I guess I should be thankful I'm not a complete idiot.

You seem like a real mensch, a real peach of a guy.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Op is honest and I believe she wants to fix her marriage. She never slept with the guy and she stopped the relationship before it is too late.

He hates marriage and only sees women as commodities, don't bother trying to to reason with IC, he's got a huge chip on his shoulder

Old 10-02-2015, 02:43 PM

361 posts, read 333,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

So, as long as you don't have sex with another person while being married, it is not cheating, right?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You have to decide what it is you truly want, OP.

Do you want to stay with your husband who you've been with for years?

Or....

Do you want to leave for a possibility?
I don't want to leave my husband. He's wonderful.

I could see myself with the other guy though if both of us weren't already taken. No matter how hurt I am about this, he truly is a lot of what I would want in a man.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:46 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I'm married, he's married. We never had sex, we kept away from each other physically but we crossed the line emotionally.

I've blocked him on social media and deleted any pics and messages, but I'm literally torn apart inside. I'm still in love with him. This just happened and I didn't want it to, so that's probably why it is so hard for me.

I was angry and mean to him when he said he needed to back off, so I could give him a reason to write me off easier and move on, if he even cares that is. For all I know he never really loved me like he said, but I want to believe he did. I don't want to be the reason he has problems in his marriage.

I seriously can't breathe, I'm bawling my eyes out and I don't know that this feeling will ever go away. I can't tell anyone, I'm all alone in this.

How do you get over someone who you can't hate?
You cheated and you want sympathy because you are in pain?

AWW.........

Imagine the pain you and your cheating friend have caused your spouses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships