Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 09:52 PM

361 posts, read 333,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
I would like to know when you would ask those questions. Would it be before the first date? After a month? I honestly hope you don't literally ask those questions. I hope you don't approach all women in that fashion. Maybe getting to know a woman, and finding out if being with you would inspire her to be everything you want. Instead of demanding it from the get go, before she even knows if she even likes you.
Obviously, I would not ask in real life questions like that. Hypothetically speaking, if I was asking women in general, why would I want to be with you? What do you bring to the table? If they say multiple kids, ex-husband drama, lots of debt, then it would not make sense to me logically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
What do you bring to the table? If they say multiple kids, ex-husband drama, lots of debt, then it would not make sense to me logically.
This old song again ...

Old 10-02-2015, 09:55 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Quote:
Serious question for women out there: What do you have to offer me? Sorry, in my area, the average woman has very little to offer. I would imagine the male version of these women have very little to offer as well.

So, with that being said. Why would I want to be with you? How would you make my life better? How would you bring value to my life rather than becoming an instant liability?
You make it sound more like a business arrangement.

Quick analysis here: You sound like you expect someone else to provide life enrichment for you.

Does the potential date take a quiz?

Yikes.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This old song again ...
Sorry, I think I have some very valid points. I can't justify being a relationship with someone who will not make my life better. What would be the point?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Sorry, I think I have some very valid points. I can't justify being a relationship with someone who will not make my life better. What would be the point?
This goes both ways and I am curious what exactly you think you have to offer to make someone's life better.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
What do YOU bring to the table, other than your enlightened, respectful view of women and relationships in general?

Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 PM

507 posts, read 443,026 times
Quote:
If you're almost 40 and no one has ever told you this before, I'm not gonna make a dent.
I suppose we should take what he says as truth, that no woman of substance has ever offered him anything.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I can't justify being a relationship with someone who will not make my life better.
Of course you would be an idiot to do that.

What you don't seem to grasp is that such a self-centered approach will doom ANY attempt to couple up because people don't exist to "make your life better." Other people can't bring you happiness, and you're wrong if you expect that.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:07 PM

507 posts, read 443,026 times
Quote:
Indeed. If you need someone else to improve your life, and what you offer is a life in need of improvement, then you should not be in a relationship. Very smart thinking.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Of course you would be an idiot to do that.

What you don't seem to grasp is that such a self-centered approach will doom ANY attempt to couple up because people don't exist to "make your life better." Other people can't bring you happiness, and you're wrong if you expect that.

So, what is the point, then? I am a very self-sufficient person, I can go out in a group or by myself, I don't need anybody in my life, I may want somebody in my life eventually but needing someone and wanting someone are two totally different things.

It seems like what attracts a lot of people to relationships is the fact that they are not whole human beings and they are terrified of being alone and facing the world on their own, I AM NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships