Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:35 AM

100 posts, read 81,635 times

Advertisements

elyn02, they're baiting you. The condescending "sweetie" and "babe" give it away really fast. So does the generalizing of "all men just want you to look good!" It's not worth the time nor effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 05:43 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,355,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
Look up pretentious one more time babe.

Women worth dating seriously just aren't that common. You yourself are a prime example.

It's funny how you apply how you are attracted to in men to what a high quality woman should be. Men don't care about "lucrative, high powered" careers with women. You're projecting. You also sound domineering, annoying, and naggish. All very undesirable traits. We care about unselfishness, which seems to be lost on most of today's women. There are some gems, but they're rare. We care about lack of entitlement. We care about looks. Your career success takes a back seat to the above. Stop projecting. But you can't, because that would mean admitting the basis of your go girl ideology is flawed, that men and women are different.
So even though you don't want a woman to spend YOUR money, it doesn't matter if she has her OWN money to spend? She's just supposed to subsist on an allowance that you give her? Or is it that as long as she makes some money (so she doesn't need to spend yours) you don't care a bit for her career as long as it doesn't interfere with you in any way?

I guess you don't believe that the ambition and smarts that are supposedly behind your career success have anything to do with her personality and attractiveness?

Seems like a mighty fine line you expect a woman to walk. She has to have sprung from nothing (like Venus) - fully formed and delightful to you but you care nothing for how she got to her place in life as long as she's a delight to you.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:47 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,883,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Serious question for women out there: What do you have to offer me? Sorry, in my area, the average woman has very little to offer. I would imagine the male version of these women have very little to offer as well.

So, with that being said. Why would I want to be with you? How would you make my life better? How would you bring value to my life rather than becoming an instant liability?
If I were to meet a person like this in real life, I would realize that I don't have anything to offer him, and I wouldn't be terribly broken up about it!

Old 10-06-2015, 05:48 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,595 times
Have to love forum threads where you're locking horns at post #1.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So even though you don't want a woman to spend YOUR money, it doesn't matter if she has her OWN money to spend? She's just supposed to subsist on an allowance that you give her? Or is it that as long as she makes some money (so she doesn't need to spend yours) you don't care a bit for her career as long as it doesn't interfere with you in any way?

I guess you don't believe that the ambition and smarts that are supposedly behind your career success have anything to do with her personality and attractiveness?

Seems like a mighty fine line you expect a woman to walk. She has to have sprung from nothing (like Venus) - fully formed and delightful to you but you care nothing for how she got to her place in life as long as she's a delight to you.
And he wants her to leave him alone all week but be ready to get together on the weekend whenever he wishes. (But not if he doesn't, that's naggy drama.) Maybe she has a part-time job, I don't know, at a yarn shop or something. Nothing that would stress her out or make her work weekends during Netflix and chill time.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,883,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
So, what is the point, then? I am a very self-sufficient person, I can go out in a group or by myself, I don't need anybody in my life, I may want somebody in my life eventually but needing someone and wanting someone are two totally different things.

It seems like what attracts a lot of people to relationships is the fact that they are not whole human beings and they are terrified of being alone and facing the world on their own, I AM NOT!
Is someone twisting your arm to be in a relationship? I'm pretty sure all your friends here at City-Data are happy to be supportive of your desire to be alone!

Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 AM

252 posts, read 187,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post

Wow. Just wow. How much can a person assume from one sentence. Three paragraphs apparently.

I simply meant that having a high powered career doesn't rev up my attraction cues like being a caring sweetheart does. That doesn't mean I don't want my girl to be a bum or not have a good job.

Jesus Christ people.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I am not disagreeing with you. I think those are admirable things to find in a woman and I can see how it is difficult to find one according to your list.

One thing I take issue with is the expectation that a woman should lack entitlement and even selfishness but at the same time look good. I know when I pamper myself, I am thinking about myself so there is a bit of selfishness in there. It may not be on the far scale of entitlement but its there.

Do you think it is possible to be unselfish and lack entitlement while "looking good"?
No one can be a perfect angel. But there are degrees of entitlement just like there are degrees of ahole in men.

Also note I don't have trouble, they are just rare.

I'm not part of this CD crew that has major issues finding women, so stop lumping me in.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
And he wants her to leave him alone all week but be ready to get together on the weekend whenever he wishes. (But not if he doesn't, that's naggy drama.) Maybe she has a part-time job, I don't know, at a yarn shop or something. Nothing that would stress her out or make her work weekends during Netflix and chill time.
My last serious girlfriend had her masters and a job that kept her quite busy. Riddle me that.

The assumptions people.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
My last serious girlfriend had her masters and a job that kept her quite busy. Riddle me that.

The assumptions people.
My apologies. You sound so much like the OP that I had you both confused. The OP wants a weekend hollaback, but you do not. Thank you for setting me straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships