Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 PM

252 posts, read 187,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
Ok then. I guess we can shut down the City-Data relationships forum. Thanks new poster!
This one thread has a simple answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 07:57 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,768,492 times
Or maybe it's as simple as the fact that men take note of attractive women anyway, regardless of who they are with, so their perception about whatEVER they're are doing is that they're doing it "more" than whatever attractive men are doing because they aren't noticing men as much.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:58 PM

37,495 posts, read 45,812,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
So, from this it seems that the woman gets with the average/below average guy to make herself feel better about herself. Since if she got with a guy on the same level of looks she assumes he'd cheat.
Oh come one. Did you even read the articles?

"If everyone is going after the most common characteristics, then someone who targets the rare ones, would have an advantage."

"While men who married pretty women are content to bask in the glory of their partner's beauty, men who are more attractive than their wives are more likely to offer less emotional and practical support to their partner."

"Men are more concerned with the appearance of their mate, ensuring they will have good genes to pass on to their children. Women, on the other hand, are less obsessed with the genetic makeup of their children and are looking for stability in a man, not just strong genes.
"
" women want to be appreciated, and men want to show off their prize. "
"Women will choose worship over love"
"Women aren’t going after less attractive men, they are being pursued by them more often"

Old 10-04-2015, 08:06 PM

405 posts, read 323,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh come one. Did you even read the articles?

"If everyone is going after the most common characteristics, then someone who targets the rare ones, would have an advantage."

"While men who married pretty women are content to bask in the glory of their partner's beauty, men who are more attractive than their wives are more likely to offer less emotional and practical support to their partner."

"Men are more concerned with the appearance of their mate, ensuring they will have good genes to pass on to their children. Women, on the other hand, are less obsessed with the genetic makeup of their children and are looking for stability in a man, not just strong genes.
"
" women want to be appreciated, and men want to show off their prize. "
"Women will choose worship over love"
"Women aren’t going after less attractive men, they are being pursued by them more often"
7 Reasons Why Attractive Women Often Date Unattractive Men

This one that you sent said exactly what I did in my reply to you. And I've heard WAY different in terms of caring about the genetic makeup of their kid. I hate to really bring this up since it's constantly played out but it comes into play here in terms of why do you think a lot of women want a tall guy over a short guy? They assume their kid will become short if they get with a short guy. A lot of women don't want their kids to turn out short, men probably don't either, but they don't care anywhere as much.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:00 PM

52,016 posts, read 52,473,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
This must be be one of the only times I've disagreed with you, Chow. Yes, seeing attractive women with not-so-attractive men probably IS more common, but seeing attractive men - sometimes VERY attractive men - with less attractive women is more common than we think.

Not a thing wrong with that. In fact, I think it's refreshing that a (good-looking) guy considers other qualities in a woman, other than looks, to be important.

You saying that it is more common might be a possibility.

Since I'm a straight man, I tend to not notice men unless they are exceptional, so there are probably a lot of men that don't stand out to me as a straight man, so as a straight woman they are more on the radar and hence the seeing more men that are "handsome" with plain or average women.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 PM

37,495 posts, read 45,812,174 times
Quote:
7 Reasons Why Attractive Women Often Date Unattractive Men

This one that you sent said exactly what I did in my reply to you. And I've heard WAY different in terms of caring about the genetic makeup of their kid. I hate to really bring this up since it's constantly played out but it comes into play here in terms of why do you think a lot of women want a tall guy over a short guy? They assume their kid will become short if they get with a short guy. A lot of women don't want their kids to turn out short, men probably don't either, but they don't care anywhere as much.
Right. ONE. There are many reasons. That was what I meant by my response. The articles discuss many other reasons.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Right. ONE. There are many reasons. That was what I meant by my response. The articles discuss many other reasons.
True, I guess there really is no true answer to this when it comes down to it though. Everyone has their own specific reasons for why they do what they do.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 PM

97 posts, read 151,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Usually the man has a lot of money, power, and prestige. The woman usually is from more humble circumstances and poorly connected to the elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
Is because they are soul mates

hahahaha Not a chance. In the bigger cities NYC, London, Paris, etc money talks
Exactly, money, power, and prestige.

Even decent looking women in their 20s have a ton of options. They get hit on all the time and can basically have any guy they want.

You better have one of the three things to offer:

MONEY - She wants a lifestyle that she can't afford on her own. Women love fancy cars, houses, Louis Vuttion and Parda and wants YOU buy it all for her.

SOCIAL VALUE - Status and special treatment she can't get on her own. VIP at the city's hottest night club, front of the line at the hottest restaurant.

SEXUAL / PHYSICAL VALUE - Tall, fit, handsome, and looks like the celebrity they flick their beans off to.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryIsMine1 View Post
Exactly, money, power, and prestige.

Even decent looking women in their 20s have a ton of options. They get hit on all the time and can basically have any guy they want.

You better have one of the three things to offer:

MONEY - She wants a lifestyle that she can't afford on her own. Women love fancy cars, houses, Louis Vuttion and Parda and wants YOU buy it all for her.

SOCIAL VALUE - Status and special treatment she can't get on her own. VIP at the city's hottest night club, front of the line at the hottest restaurant.

SEXUAL / PHYSICAL VALUE - Tall, fit, handsome, and looks like the celebrity they flick their beans off to.
Women usually go strictly for looks when it comes to one night stands. For serious relationships/marriage it's probably status = money > physical traits.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:17 PM

52,016 posts, read 52,473,211 times
Quote:
Women usually go strictly for looks when it comes to one night stands. For serious relationships/marriage it's probably status = money > physical traits.
So do women ever go for a man because she finds him attractive in a wide array of things, or is it just physical looks and money??

This is through your 40 or 50 yrs of observations?? I suspect not.

Did your mother just go for your father for the same reasons??

Can you see how offensive this may be to women, that all they care about is money or looks.

What a one dimensional view you must have of women, is it possible to expand your thoughts to include that while women are different from men that they aren't all that different???

I'll flip the script, is attractiveness all you look for in a woman??

If so, I truly feel sorry for you and I'm not even being snarky, I'm saying straight up that there is a whole lot more to the world that women bring than just being a hot piece.....

I feel sorry for people that limit things, anything, without seeing more in it, could be anything but specifically people here in this instance.

I liken it to racism, in the sense that if the world only accepted and appreciated one thing, how dull would that be, how limiting it would be to only appreciate one thing.....

It could be like ice cream, wouldn't you want to not limit yourself and have many many flavors?

Why limit your thoughts to thinking that the only thing women want in a man is a stud and money???????

In case you haven't sensed the pattern I've repeated here.... don't limit people and put them in a box
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships