Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 04:48 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You are very well proportioned for what it is worth.
Agreed, hence why I inquired as to where the pounds were. I would never consider her fat.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:51 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Actually its both.

You will struggle dieting if you don't move.

You will struggle moving if you don't diet.

Less in, more out, energy wise.

Also most people benefit from a cardio/weight combo the most.
Well I recognize that it's both. But for weight loss diet plan far surpasses progress you can make through weight training or cardio. The cliche that you can't out-train your fork exists for a reason. There are only so many miles you can run, or reps in the weight room you can do before you've hit the point of diminishing returns. There's only so many calories you can burn while you're doing this. And if one is not cautious one meal can undo an otherwise successful cardio or weight session.

But we're diverging into topics better suited for the fitness forum. I'll stop.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:52 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The biggest and best thing a woman can do to lose weight, give up soda. I've replaced soda in my diet with mostly water and vitamin water and Gatorade when I need something with flavor (I try not to drink but one every 2 days.)
You are kicking some serious butt, D. Great work. If you ever wander south of the Beltway give me a shout. I'd love to hit the weight room with you some time.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Diet plan is key. Far more important than the method of fitness one chooses. You're pretty much a bada$$ from what I can discern and one of the very few people around these parts I'd consider listening to for fitness advice.
Likewise Ikf, you give soild sound advise as well, and I have learn a few things from you

It boggles me that a lot of people correlate weight lost with exercise when diet is the key, and always will be. One can exercise all they want for hours on end, but if their diet isn't spot on, all the hard work is for not.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:22 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Listen I give honest critiques here lol.

April's face is okay, April I think if you dropped about 20 - 30 pounds, let the hair down, and got a tan, you would be HOT .

You've seen my fitness pictures, how about I become your personal trainer ? I'll get you the look I describe by Christmas.
What fitness pics? Lol
I have no clue what you look like, and don't really have any interest to. I'll have to kindly decline the training offer, I'm doing pretty good on my own.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:27 PM

496 posts, read 553,070 times
Some of the most gorgeous bodies I see are the male and female dancers in music videos. They aren't thin!

Can't understand why any girl would want to look like fashion models (skinny, with grouchy expressions) when they could look like a strong, sturdy, flexible video dancer who appears to be having a great time.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:38 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
A woman has to be able to touch her toes. IMO.

If she cant do that or walk a mile, she's too unfit/fat.

Also zero skin flaps. That's just gross.

Sorry everyone who fights with their weight - I know your pain.

But there's a line. When it starts being disabling, you need to quit eating so much.
I have a big ol skin flap from hip bone to hip bone from a c section and pregnancy weight gain then loss. Also can touch my toes standing up with legs straight. Not seeing how the two are related.

Again, obesity is viewed in a very narrow way. Women of all shapes are sizes are beautiful to someone.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:16 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
As others have said, it definitely depends on the guy. I have always preferred soft/curvy/plump women. Ever see those Hilda illustrations from the 1950s and 60s? Adorable to me!

My two brothers, on the other hand, are in relationships with thinner, more athletic types.

I have no idea what the actual statistics are as far as number of guys who prefer one or the other (or no preference). Anybody have any polling data?

Old 10-15-2015, 09:42 PM

23 posts, read 37,990 times
There isn't one beauty ideal, even though the media are trying to teach us that the most beautiful women are the skinny ones who have a huge ass and boobs at the same time. Most men I've met have very different preferences. Some prefer big boobs and/or ass, some prefers a big chubby, some like the really skinny ones. My husband for example isn't a boob or ass guy, he prefers fit and skinny girls with nice legs (I guess one of the reasons why he's with me... I don't have a big ass or big boobs, haha).

Old 10-15-2015, 09:47 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla15 View Post
There isn't one beauty ideal, even though the media are trying to teach us that the most beautiful women are the skinny ones who have a huge ass and boobs at the same time. Most men I've met have very different preferences. Some prefer big boobs and/or ass, some prefers a big chubby, some like the really skinny ones. My husband for example isn't a boob or ass guy, he prefers fit and skinny girls with nice legs (I guess one of the reasons why he's with me... I don't have a big ass or big boobs, haha).
Plenty of men like thinner ladies with the gams and some guys like the women with a big can some guys like the chubby girls, some guys like women with big ta ta's some guys like skinny women some guys like pear shaped women, some guys like athletic women some guys like short women, some guys like tall women some guys like...................

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships