Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
Conditioned. Trust me if you change every single model in the world to a fat chick, we won't see some massive shifting of preferences or strip clubs full of fat women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
That sounds wonderful!
This thread is phat!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
I like women that are curvy and a little overweight. The tall and thin model types don't do much for me.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:24 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
It boils down to attraction. Some men don't find bigger women attractive. Some do. Some like in between. If someone doesn't like your body type either find someone who does or do something about it (if nothing else to improve your health).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I personally love big women, but the issue I run into is that most of them don't like big guys. I'd love to say that is hypocritical but I can't deny anyone the right to their preferences and prejudices when they decide who they are going to get into a dating situation with. I hope the weight loss I've been working on since the summer (from 415 to 355 and still losing) makes me attractive to more big women.
Hey, congrats and great job. Every 10 pounds you lose is a victory... they say you reduce your chances of diabetes, heart attack, cancer, stroke, dementia, etc with every 10 pounds. And every pound you lose is the equivalent of 4 pounds less stress on joints like the knee. You have taken 240 pounds of strain off you joints with the weight you lost! Keep up the good work!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM

676 posts, read 725,329 times
its just how you brain is wired. some guys like obese women, some heavy women, some skinny women and some even like men. There really is no way to explain why. personally I like skinny women without a big butt and any sized breasts will due as long as they are not fake. being an onbese man it might seem shallow that im not into big women but it is what it is. I got lucky enough to marry a woman that meets my standards and obviously my wife has been asked why such a small woman would be with such a fat person. there is no explaining attraction.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:34 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,063 times
I want to know why women are pushing this bigger/overweight agenda as being better. Let's face it being overweight isn't healthy plain and simple. I'll take 5-15 lbs overweight but not much more. It's just unattractive.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:36 AM

583 posts, read 712,429 times
I think it's amazing that men don't want overweight women but some of them look like a sack of potatoes themselves. Such double standard, but true.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Not all men like big breasts or butts. Preferences vary. A lot of men prefer thin, athletic or average build, and that's okay. There are indeed women with these physiques who are also endowed in multiple areas.

Just a matter of preference. Just like I have a preference for chiseled features and facial symmetry.

This is 100% cultural, so it's not appropriate to state that this is "a lot of men."

White men typically like their women very thin.

Black men typically like their women not thin, but also with larger bottoms.

Hispanic men typically like their women not thin as well...and with larger bottoms and breasts.

And of course, these general patterns may differ depending on what state you are referring to.

Last edited by erjunkee; 10-07-2015 at 07:54 AM..

Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
I'm a feminist and I don't fight this stuff. In fact, I don't agree with most of what the "fat acceptance" movement puts forth, namely that one can be "fit and fat" at the same time, because that is pure, unadulterated b.s. While there is a broad range of pounds in the healthy range for any given height, and while being 10 or 15 pounds over or under isn't going to do too much to someone who is at least of average height, obesity, as clinically defined, in both men and women costs the U.S. more than terrorism, substance abuse, war, accidents, and crime combined, never mind the misery and suffering it ultimately causes people and their families.

What I fight is shaming people, and what I fight is the notion that someone's competence, talent, and worth as a human being are determined by her weight and how she looks.

There is a difference, and it is unfortunate that so many people on either side of the debate cannot see that. Human physiology doesn't particularly care if you get butt-hurt that your doctor tells you that you need to lose 50 pounds. You're still going to get diabetes. You're still going to die a premature death. So doctors should not be pressured into lying to you about your fitness and health just to avoid hurting your feelings or pride. But people don't need to be rude and obnoxious to you if you do need to lose 50 pounds, either, nor is anyone's body public property to pass comments on. Way too many people pass nasty comments to overweight people in restaurants and things like that. Those people are douchebags. Thing is, an overweight person can lose weight. Douchebags need to do a whole lot more than that to make themselves appealing to anyone who is not also a douchebag.
Great post.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
I want to know why women are pushing this bigger/overweight agenda as being better. Let's face it being overweight isn't healthy plain and simple. I'll take 5-15 lbs overweight but not much more. It's just unattractive.
I don't think it is a matter of being better. I think it's a matter of dealing with fact. 70% of the US is overweight or obese. The majority of people are not skinny.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:01 PM

1,273 posts, read 990,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I personally love big women, but the issue I run into is that most of them don't like big guys. I'd love to say that is hypocritical but I can't deny anyone the right to their preferences and prejudices when they decide who they are going to get into a dating situation with. I hope the weight loss I've been working on since the summer (from 415 to 355 and still losing) makes me attractive to more big women.
My large girlfriend, who I think is incredibly beautiful, is engaged to a very large man. Don't lose hope. Heavy or not, there is a woman you will find attractive who will also find you attractive!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships