Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Women have significantly less problems/struggles. Men walk a tight rope with no safety net. Women get to walk a decent width path with tons of safety nets. Sure a woman can boodogle things so bad that she falls through all the nets but all a guy has to do is make a slight mis step and he can hit bottom pretty quick.

A woman basically has to be a train wreck and on hard drugs for a LONG time before she falls through all the nets. A guy pees hot for one drag off pot and he looses his job, family and can be on the streets fast, I asked one guy I was standing on the side walk with waiting to cross a street, he went from a nice job and family to showing up to work one day with alchoal on his breath and boom done.

There are so many social services for women (especially with kids) its not even funny. When Jesus walked he said care for the widows and little children not the washed up woman who made poor choices.

Its possible that a woman can make such messed up life choices that she actually reduces her dating prospects to that of a man but a womans SMV start off much higher than a guys. If she chooses to eat, not work out not put on make up or shower then she might start feeling like most men do. But women have to put themselves in that postion. Men are basicly born at a disadvantage in this society.
The sad thing to me is that you actually believe this.

Anyway, I'm done getting in the way of the circle jerk you guys have going.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
One of the guys that I dated in college told me that he had been too intimidated to talk to me the year before. We ended up doing a show together and got to know each other - and that's when we ended up dating. I always thought it was so funny - once he got to know me, he realized that I'm SOOOO not intimidating!
I get intimidating a lot, both guys and girls. Must be my RBF. /shrug

One of my best GFs was intimated by me, and I was totally intimidated by her. By the time we became best friends we were a terror!

Whenever I've had a chance to know what people really think of you I am so surprised. I get intimidating, someone who makes people feel good about themselves, beyotch, "you must have been a cheerleader in school" (no, stoner) etc. etc.

I feel like Sybil.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-07-2015, 07:52 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Yes and the laws are bent in their favor. Why argue with that?
Idk, people just want to argue to argue. I'm not even trying to be mean either. It's just reality.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Women have significantly less problems/struggles. Men walk a tight rope with no safety net. Women get to walk a decent width path with tons of safety nets. Sure a woman can boodogle things so bad that she falls through all the nets but all a guy has to do is make a slight mis step and he can hit bottom pretty quick.

A woman basically has to be a train wreck and on hard drugs for a LONG time before she falls through all the nets. A guy pees hot for one drag off pot and he looses his job, family and can be on the streets fast, I asked one guy I was standing on the side walk with waiting to cross a street, he went from a nice job and family to showing up to work one day with alchoal on his breath and boom done.

There are so many social services for women (especially with kids) its not even funny. When Jesus walked he said care for the widows and little children not the washed up woman who made poor choices.

Its possible that a woman can make such messed up life choices that she actually reduces her dating prospects to that of a man but a womans SMV start off much higher than a guys. If she chooses to eat, not work out not put on make up or shower then she might start feeling like most men do. But women have to put themselves in that postion. Men are basicly born at a disadvantage in this society.
This is 100% true. One of the best and most accurate statements on this forum. I would rep you a million times if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Dudes I know have no problems getting dates.

Every guy I fell for or wanted always ended up with someone else.

Do you see me complaining?
There's no reason for you to complain. Just go online and you can get anyone that you want.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
One of the guys that I dated in college told me that he had been too intimidated to talk to me the year before. We ended up doing a show together and got to know each other - and that's when we ended up dating. I always thought it was so funny - once he got to know me, he realized that I'm SOOOO not intimidating!
Well you're hot, so of course he was intimidated by you. Hot women have that effect on a lot of men. You probably don't understand and that's OK.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:55 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
In a system that benefits women, of course they won't care because they get the men they want while the ones they don't want are cast aside.
It's not like across the whole country though. Where my family is from is a very cavemannish, throwback to 1950s kind of area where women are shamed if they haven't popped out a few kids by their mid20s. The ugliest, most disgusting men can get any woman they want. My mom's neighbor's son is a drug addict with multiple prison stays under his belt who was recently diagnosed with HIV. He is dating a girl from a wealthy family, and she's going to "wait for him" while he serves his most recent sentence.

A relative of a high school friend is a complete waste, jobless, toothless, ugly, not much going on upstairs. He was married to a woman who is the heiress to a local candy empire. Somehow her family finally intervened, thank goodness.

So all you men who say you have so much to offer, move on up to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. In no time you'll have an attractive woman from a decent family who also has a decent job. A lot of the women up there take good care of themselves while the men are bald and fat by 35. Dating up there is in the man's favor for sure.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
This is 100% true. One of the best and most accurate statements on this forum. I would rep you a million times if I could.

There's no reason for you to complain. Just go online and you can get anyone that you want.
Nope that's not true either.

If it was....I'd be with someone by now.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
It's not like across the whole country though. Where my family is from is a very cavemannish, throwback to 1950s kind of area where women are shamed if they haven't popped out a few kids by their mid20s. The ugliest, most disgusting men can get any woman they want. My mom's neighbor's son is a drug addict with multiple prison stays under his belt who was recently diagnosed with HIV. He is dating a girl from a wealthy family, and she's going to "wait for him" while he serves his most recent sentence.

A relative of a high school friend is a complete waste, jobless, toothless, ugly, not much going on upstairs. He was married to a woman who is the heiress to a local candy empire. Somehow her family finally intervened, thank goodness.

So all you men who say you have so much to offer, move on up to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. In no time you'll have an attractive woman from a decent family who also has a decent job. A lot of the women up there take good care of themselves while the men are bald and fat by 35. Dating up there is in the man's favor for sure.
I'll check it out. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Nope that's not true either.

If it was....I'd be with someone by now.
You've said in many threads that you are single by choice and not looking to date now.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:59 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This whole thread makes my head spin around and around like Linda Blair...sorry it is the Halloween season, and it does make me tired. You get what you expect out of life, so I doubt many of you men will wind up with the woman you want until you change your attitude.
Attitude has nothing to do with it. A former friend had a lousy attitude and he still screwed a different woman every night while leaving his fiance at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.