Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:59 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
It's not like across the whole country though. Where my family is from is a very cavemannish, throwback to 1950s kind of area where women are shamed if they haven't popped out a few kids by their mid20s. The ugliest, most disgusting men can get any woman they want. My mom's neighbor's son is a drug addict with multiple prison stays under his belt who was recently diagnosed with HIV. He is dating a girl from a wealthy family, and she's going to "wait for him" while he serves his most recent sentence.

A relative of a high school friend is a complete waste, jobless, toothless, ugly, not much going on upstairs. He was married to a woman who is the heiress to a local candy empire. Somehow her family finally intervened, thank goodness.

So all you men who say you have so much to offer, move on up to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. In no time you'll have an attractive woman from a decent family who also has a decent job. A lot of the women up there take good care of themselves while the men are bald and fat by 35. Dating up there is in the man's favor for sure.
Well, I am a college student so I don't have much to offer right now. Then again, I'm only 25 lol.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Women have significantly less problems/struggles. Men walk a tight rope with no safety net. Women get to walk a decent width path with tons of safety nets. Sure a woman can boodogle things so bad that she falls through all the nets but all a guy has to do is make a slight mis step and he can hit bottom pretty quick..
Where are these tons of safety nets? I could use one right about now....

Old 10-07-2015, 08:03 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Some women have it easier. Many women don't. Women aren't one entity. Like I said before, I have friends that haven't been asked out in years. So, you tell me how they have things so much easier. And yes - they've asked guys out. And yes - they've been rejected.
Very unusual. There must be more to this story. There's a clamoring for women.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
You've said in many threads that you are single by choice and not looking to date now.
That's true. NOW.

Wasn't the case back then.

Even if I was interested in dating.....it is highly unlikely I would get whoever I want. It never worked out that way so I wouldn't expect it to. I'm not so arrogant to believe I'd have a guy waiting on me hand and foot as soon as I snap my fingers. Life doesn't work that way. Plenty of men I've met wanted me for sex only. I don't consider that having it easy. Coming across someone I want to build and bond with is RARE. For anyone.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:05 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well, I am a college student so I don't have much to offer right now. Then again, I'm only 25 lol.

Again, in WB-Scranton you don't need to have anything to offer. Just being able to find a college puts you miles above the rest.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:06 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Women have it easier when it comes to getting sex for the sake of sex... why, because many guys don't have standards and will have sex with anyone. I had buddies like this in college. They'd sleep with women they didn't even like because hey, sex. Unless you change of the nature of how men act, this truth will always be there. You can't blame women for it.

While some women are just after sex, from my experience and from what I've heard from female friends, most women don't want just sex, they are looking for relationships. And that's where things are equal for both sexes: finding relationships can be hard (sex/=relationship).

Think of it, traditionally the man has to work hard to woo the woman... but after things ignite, who traditionally moves the relationship forward? Who decides when you are exclusive? Who proposes marriage? Usually it's the man who has the advantage after the relationship starts.

In the end, it all evens out. Unless you are one of those unlucky guys who hasn't had a relationship yet, then I can see where your view might be skewed. You just don't have the experience yet of seeing how things work from start to full blown relationship.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:06 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
That's true. NOW.

Wasn't the case back then.

Even if I was interested in dating.....it is highly unlikely I would get whoever I want. It never worked out that way so I wouldn't expect it to. I'm not so arrogant to believe I'd have a guy waiting on me hand and foot as soon as I snap my fingers. Life doesn't work that way. Plenty of men I've met wanted me for sex only. I don't consider that having it easy. Coming across someone I want to build and bond with is RARE. For anyone.
That's what guys don't get. Of course it's easy for women to get sex. That counts for nothing.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Very unusual. There must be more to this story. There's a clamoring for women.
So, you honestly believe that every woman can just walk out her front door and have guys lined up that want to date her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Women have it easier when it comes to getting sex for the sake of sex... why, because many guys don't have standards and will have sex with anyone. I had buddies like this in college. They'd sleep with women they didn't even like because hey, sex. Unless you change of the nature of how men act, this truth will always be there. You can't blame women for it.

While some women are just after sex, from my experience and from what I've heard from female friends, most women don't want just sex, they are looking for relationships. And that's where things are equal for both sexes: finding relationships can be hard (sex/=relationship).

Think of it, traditionally the man has to work hard to woo the woman... but after things ignite, who traditionally moves the relationship forward? Who decides when you are exclusive? Who proposes marriage? Usually it's the man who has the advantage after the relationship starts.

In the end, it all evens out. Unless you are one of those unlucky guys who hasn't had a relationship yet, then I can see where your view might be skewed. You just don't have the experience yet of seeing how things work from start to full blown relationship.
Quit talking sense! Nobody is going to listen!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:12 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Girls, really, its not worth it to talk with people that are SO ignorant, cause, like Mark Twain say, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

It cant be done. Its a worthless headache.

They are not only ignorant, but unwilling to learn, wich is even worse.

I feel very very sad for this kind of people.

Time for the people with a brain to leave this forum, and left the circle of ignorant jerks to dwell in their own fantasyland of ridiculous angry rants, lack of education and awerness.

No self respecting woman with a brain will ever look their way.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:13 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, you honestly believe that every woman can just walk out her front door and have guys lined up that want to date her?
Yes, I honestly think that. The overwhelming majority of women can put up a profile on OKC/POF and have 100-200 messages within 24-48 hours. She could put something up on Tinder, make a few swipes and have a date within a few days. She could wear something sexy to a bar on a Friday night and have sex that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships