Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 12:30 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
He is saying people put their list of NEEDS but never list what they have to give others when looking.

This is true for the most part.

the getting to know you phase usually covers the "why I am worth it" portion while you evaluate if it's a realtionship worth pursuing. It is easier to list needs since they are not subject to interpretation or basis, they are fact.

Offerings offer a unique challenge in that you are trying to list what others may find attractive about yourself.

Oh please...you read in to it what you wanted.
When it comes to profiles, a lot of people put what they want in it... as well as what they can offer. I think how much in "demand" you are dictates what you can put in your profile. Just like anything else in the world, if you are in demand for something, you get to set the terms. It could be that the women the OP is messaging get a lot of messages... so much so that they have the luxury of listing their wants as a way of reducing the amount of messages they get. A way to get around this would be to start looking at different profiles--maybe women who aren't very much sought after.

For what it's worth, profiles with nothing but demands always turned me away. I focused on profiles that told me what the person was, what they had to offer, as well as a few expectations for what they wanted (after all, you have to be suspicious of anyone so non-discerning that they will accept anyone with pulse).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Mod cut. It's actually a good question. We spend all the time questioning what men have to offer women, but what do women have offer men? [snip]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-08-2015 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Off-topic and orphaned.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:11 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Feminism

Men would act like underage bad age kids without women

Try love, it explains a lot

It is not materialistic or any fame and it is not meant to be. You don't supposed to want anything from her really. Only when you stop wanting you learn how much you get.

If you don't learn to value anything you never get anything. If you open yourself to see you see you are getting all kind of things all the time.

I got today many things from couple of person that I never met before. That is because I am a wise human being who learnt to see what is given.

First drop your limits from who you would value something. It does no matter who is giving you something because only you are able to reject or accept it.

So right away when you stop rejecting, you start to gain things, open yourself to everything.

Don't wait anything, just let things happend and value them.

What do women really have to give a man? Nothing as long as he is too blind to see it

Old 10-06-2015, 01:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
... I visit more than one website that covers people all over the world. ... Time after time I read women saying what they want in a man. ... ( many wants and desires ) ... But I don't read anything that a woman says that she has to give to a man ... That may be why they don't have a man ... they don't think or consider it. ... They sound like they only care about their wants. ...
What do women really have to give a man. ... Maybe even your thoughts ... Keep it clean.
Every woman is different, so each will have something different to give. Every man is different too, so not every one of them will want what she has to give. Some will want things she doesn't have or want to give. As a whole, though, I think women are a civilizing force on men.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Mod cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
[snip]. It's actually a good question. We spend all the time questioning what men have to offer women, but what do women have offer men? [snip]
Personally, I don't think we should spend that much time questioning what anyone has to offer. We should all try to be our best selves but all men and all women are not looking for the same thing. And really, what's important is how two people click together and how compatible they are - and not about checklists of what one is looking for and what one feels they have to offer.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-08-2015 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Off-topic; orphaned.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:19 PM

914 posts, read 766,030 times
Things that Women have to offer in a good relationship:

Love, emotional support during good times and bad, companionship, loyalty, insightful advice, financial assistance or caring for the home and children (often both), a best friend, great sex (if both ppl are open about their needs), someone too grow old with, to nurse you when you're sick, to share your dreams and passions with, someone to confide in, someone to share your silver or golden anniversary with, someone to bury and mourn for you when you've passed on along with the children she gave you.

Things that Men have to offer in a good relationship:

Love, emotional support during good times and bad, companionship, protection, loyalty, insightful advice, a warm hug on trying day, provider/ financial assister or caring for the home and children (often both), a best friend, great sex (if both ppl are open about their needs), someone too grow old with, to nurse you when you're sick, to share your dreams and passions with, someone to confide in, someone to share your silver or golden anniversary with, someone to bury and mourn for you when you have passed on along with the children he had with you.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:24 PM

507 posts, read 443,026 times
More possible answers...

3) Women are taught that boasting about themselves and their good qualities is unseemly.

4) Women often hear from men, "I'm not a mind-reader. Tell me what you want."

Old 10-06-2015, 01:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
Possible answer 3) Women are also taught that boasting about themselves and their good qualities is unseemly.

4) Women often hear from men, "I'm not a mind-reader. Tell me what you want."
I know that I certainly grew up feeling that if I said anything good about myself that would mean that I was conceited.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
... I visit more than one website that covers people all over the world. ... Time after time I read women saying what they want in a man. ... ( many wants and desires ) ... But I don't read anything that a woman says that she has to give to a man ... That may be why they don't have a man ... they don't think or consider it. ... They sound like they only care about their wants. ...
What do women really have to give a man. ... Maybe even your thoughts ... Keep it clean.

I think one of the reasons people are more inclined to list what they are looking for is because it it is harder to be objective about our own selves than it is to be about potential mates. And people also have a tendency to list the "selling points" they think potential mates are looking for.

I never quite understood the concept of catalog shopping for a mate. If someone where to ask me right now what I had to offer in a relationship, I honestly wouldn't even know how to answer; whatever list I can muster probably wouldn't be all that impressive compared to other women. So, I guess it really comes down to whether or not two people mesh together, not necessarily what they can gain from each other.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 10-06-2015 at 01:42 PM..

Old 10-06-2015, 01:38 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
I've sad it before and I'll say it again:

The focus is simply too broad (no pun intended).

If a man asks "Why do all women do THIS?" quite obviously there are women who both A) have never done whatever, or B) will speak up, asking "Why are you a misogynist?" (or variations on the theme).

The first group have good reason to question your motives, your POV, your reasoning. Some question realistically, and some question haughtily, but they all have reason to question since they've not done [insert alleged wrongdoing here].

The second group, whatever their stance, see the question as sweeping and unrealistically encompassing -- which it is.

And whatever some women may think there is a LOAD of misandry that goes on in this place, both casually, so dismissively it's clearly ignorant habit, and vehemently from some. There is plenty of "Oh, yeah? Well MEN do THIS, so mrreeeOOOoowwrrrr!"

OP and all male arguers: Are you dating WOMEN (plural) or are you dating WOMAN (singular)? I ask because while there will be some social overlap, one woman will do THIS, clearly taking advantage, while another women will do THAT, really being a nice enough gal. They're not -- repeat NOT -- the same woman. If I punched one of you in the mouth because SOME GUY once took a shot at me, I'd be deemed an idiot and a menace. How can some of you not wrap your minds around this and draw a ready correlation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships