Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:50 AM

631 posts, read 1,072,192 times

Advertisements

Sometimes this question bother me. Who should text (call) first? Say I text her today first. That means I don't text her first until she text me first next time. I don't text her first two days in a row in order not too look like I'm in need and want her more than she wants me. Sometimes this chess play is pretty annoying but I can't let it go since love is not only feeling but a good judgment too. If one partner shows his/her attention too much the other one tends to get slack and abusive since he/she feels himself/herself more important in the relationship.

So, often I would love to text her but I suppress my desire.

How many of you act the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Text her if you want to. If you feel the need to play games of "who texts whom," and everything hinges on this, then the relationship is too fragile to last in the long run anyway and you are wasting your time. First major problem that comes along will shatter everything.

I text when I feel like it and my SO does the same as far as I can tell.

Now, if you are talking about a budding relationship things are different and you don't want to smother things before it has a chance to grow (but doesn't sound like that because you mentioned love).

Oh, and keep in mind with my advice that I am an older fart... in my 40s dating someone my own age. From what I've been told on this forum, things are different for the younger crowd.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
Sometimes this question bother me. Who should text (call) first? Say I text her today first. That means I don't text her first until she text me first next time. I don't text her first two days in a row in order not too look like I'm in need and want her more than she wants me. Sometimes this chess play is pretty annoying but I can't let it go since love is not only feeling but a good judgment too. If one partner shows his/her attention too much the other one tends to get slack and abusive since he/she feels himself/herself more important in the relationship.

Not me.

Do you keep track of it on a spreadsheet??!!

Old 10-07-2015, 08:10 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
It doesn't matter when you are both legitimately in to one another who does what first.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Text her if you want to. If you feel the need to play games of "who texts whom," and everything hinges on this, then the relationship is too fragile to last in the long run anyway and you are wasting your time.
I assume you can relax a bit when you have a full-fledged relationship or are even married. When you’ve been dating for a couple of weeks it is too early to relax.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It doesn't matter when you are both legitimately in to one another who does what first.
It does since one can be pretty annoying if texts too much while another one doesn't need that frequency.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:26 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
I would say take turns texting first. Say you text twice first, then you wait for her to text three times, than you three times, etc. I understand fully not wanting to imitate all the communication.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:54 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Quote:
It does since one can be pretty annoying if texts too much while another one doesn't need that frequency.
That is a totally different issue from who calls or texts first.

It's is going to vary wildly from individual to individual. Personal preference and day to day activities need to be taken in to consideration, their is no "one" answer.

It's whatever works for your situation.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:33 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
For everyone in a long-term relationship: Raise your hand if you remember the pattern of who called/texted who when, with exactly how much time in between.

Thought so!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:06 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:

Sounds like you need to pick higher quality women that don't slack and become abusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships