Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 12:59 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

#5 is actually true, op.

What have I learned?

Not a new concept, but that many people will project their failings on to others and make excuses for why they can't be successful. Just like in any other endeavor.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:03 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,904 times
Some males refuse to believe that some woman have it tough in the dating world.

Some males refuse to improve themselves and expect to get great dating results from reading online material.

Some males have no good relationships with their mother, sisters, other female relatives, or females in general and put them in all one category.

Some males cannot understand why some males have it tough in the dating world and expect others to have the same success or if not better than themselves.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:04 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
All guys want is sex in a relationship if they ever think about committing to one.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:09 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
I forgot to say that I learned some posters care waaaaay too much about what a poster on a forum thinks of them.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:14 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I forgot to say that I learned some posters care waaaaay too much about what a poster on a forum thinks of them.
I know I've rubbed people the wrong way on here a few times and truth be told, I'm actually not that hard of a guy to along with here and IRL, and no... I don't really care too much what people here think of me.

When I'm not on this site I rarely think about it unless something jumps out at me. We saw a movie yesterday and there were a couple of scenes in it and they were complaining about the "lack of chivalry" and I of course thought about this place, cause that has been a real ongoing thread for the last several days (unfortunately I wish it would just die already)

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-09-2015 at 01:24 PM..

Old 10-09-2015, 01:22 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I know I've rubbed people the wrong way on here a few times and truth be told, I'm actually not that hard of a guy to along with here and IRL, and no... I don't really care too much what people here think of me.

When I'm not on this site I rarely think about it unless something jumps out at me. We saw a movie yesterday and there were a couple of scenes in it and they were complaining about the "lack of chilvary" and I of course thought about this place, cause that has been a real ongoing thread for the last several days (unfortunately I wish it would just die already)
Haha. No, I don't think of CD in real life. I don't sit around and wonder if anyone has found a date yet, or if they have figured out that all members of any one sex are not the same. Life is short; this is an outlet for me and nothing more. Glad you feel the same.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

When I'm not on this site I rarely think about it unless something jumps out at me. We saw a movie yesterday and there were a couple of scenes in it and they were complaining about the "lack of chivalry" and I of course thought about this place, cause that has been a real ongoing thread for the last several days (unfortunately I wish it would just die already)
I'm with you! In real life, I'm very friendly and have a lot of friends. I'm actually more of an extrovert with a touch of introvert added in. I care a lot about what my husband, my family, and my friends think of me - because I love and respect them. Life is too short to care about what strangers think of me!

I have to say - CD has opened me up to a whole new world in terms of how some men and women think. And honestly - I feel bad for the ones that are always looking for ways in which the other gender has wronged them.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:30 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Hahahahaha! Raenaaaaaaaa . Being Raena is what makes you attractive already.
Talking about struggling with weight:

1. I stood on a scale this morning and a card came out and said "One at a time!"

2. A tailor asked me what my waist size was. I told him "Equator."

3. I'll tell you how bad it really is: At the gym, four gay guys saw me and went straight! Then I really knew I was in trouble.

Just joking here. Actually, I'm "relatively" fit and in shape . . . other than needing to lose more of my midsection. I am presently involved with a hospital-based weight program and am working on it.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:41 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I'm not one of them.

I never really thought about what other posters here think of me. Now that I do, I'm probably sure a few posters think I'm a *bleep* lol but meh. I call it like I see and I'm a pretty blunt person. IRL and online most of the time, I'm not tough to get along with. I just don't like BS. All it does is complicate things unnecessarily. My philosophy is: Don't try to go through life trying to trick folks or take the easy way out and do the right thing.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Talking about struggling with weight:

1. I stood on a scale this morning and a card came out and said "One at a time!"

2. A tailor asked me what my waist size was. I told him "Equator."

3. I'll tell you how bad it really is: At the gym, four gay guys saw me and went straight! Then I really knew I was in trouble.

Just joking here. Actually, I'm "relatively" fit and in shape . . . other than needing to lose more of my midsection. I am presently involved with a hospital-based weight program and am working on it.
I couldn't rep you again but thank you for the chuckles!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships