Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:49 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
I know how you feel, I've spent all day making my DH's favorite dish and get the question, what's for dessert? I got so tired putting the time into cooking dinner to have him and our teen complain about what they liked and didn't without saying thank you that I stopped cooking for a few months. I still don't cook much now, instead I let them fend for themselves - when I do cook it's something I like and they can eat it or not. Not surprisingly they seem to like my cooking a lot more these days regardless if it includes ingredients they use to hate. I guess anythings better than Costco frozen ramen bowls.
Way back when I was married to my first DH, in the days where you had to actually cut up a whole chicken, peel and boil the potatoes, etc., he started complaining about the meal he was scarfing down, not enough salt or something. I politely took his plate of food right out from under him, went to the back porch and scrapped the food into the dogs bowl. It was thank you from then on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 07:29 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Something like consistency is great for weeks or lifestyles where you just don't have time.

You want to come home, you want to eat and you want to get on with life. You get a enough disturbances through out you day that by the time you get to unwind you just want to enjoy yourself and not have worry anymore.

Consistency becomes valuable becuase consistency means reliability.

Their is nothing wrong with wanting to experiment, but if your spouse values consistency it's probably not "just" about the food and you should take that in to consideration.

Small introductions to new things are the best way to acclimate someone to things out of the norm, youre giving them the best of both worlds and not just forcing an abrupt change on to them.
Are you a child? This is what you do with infants.
Good grief its food, people try new foods all the time. Manufacturers, restaurants are always marketing new products. Cooking shows are big business.

I guess I just could not be with someone who valued that level of consistency and would find trying a new recipe to be a worry and disturbance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships