Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 10:52 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup! We are not compatible if your phone is out! I mean yes, I understand if you want to check in real quick on Facebook or whatever. Or take a pic of food to post on whatever social media you use. This is fine, and you can take your phone out long enough to do this task. You get 2 minutes of phone time. And you can use it if I go to the bathroom and you put it away within 15 seconds of me rejoining the table.

This is the max.

I keep my phone in my purse.

Obviously there is an exception if there is some sort of important phone call or whatever that is expected during that window.

None of what you listed is acceptable to me, if your phone call is that important stay home and wait for it, do not waste my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 11:05 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
None of what you listed is acceptable to me, if your phone call is that important stay home and wait for it, do not waste my time.
I don't have issues with food pics as my friends are into it. There is an agreement at the table everyone can pause for a minute to take one. It is not every meal, but on special ones. Then phones go back in pockets/purses. This stuff is fine for me if we have been dating a little while.

I have always needed a security blanket when alone in public. It has evolved over the years: books, newspapers, magazines, walkmans, discmans, ipods..... And obviously now cell phones, tablets and ereaders.

For me, in "alone" time i don't care about your security blanket. In the early stages, I'll give you a few minutes buffer to finish something up and transition into date time. But when It is date time or I am back at the table I want your full attention.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:08 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Ive been on a date years ago ( I was 21 I think ) and the girl got a call from her ex and they had a massive row over the phone, I thought it was more amusing than anything else LOL.

But he's then walked into the pub and started screaming at her so naturally I told him where to go ( obviously not as polite as that ) and then a huge fight broke out between us and she went mad at me!!!. What a first date 😂

Since then whilst on a date I keep my phone on silent...... Just in case LOL.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Try to pick date locales with no sports involved. It is one less excuse for women to be less distracted and unable to focus on you.

I also do not like college football, or football as a whole. Playing sports is way better than watching them.
I disagree, it worked pretty well for me. Me and a date went to this restaurant where they had an NFL playoff game on and we were watching for a bit, she was not as much into sports as I was so she started asking me about the game. One of the funniest moments of the date was when one of the players got hurt and they showed him limping. She really didn't know what happen because she thought the guy was trying to walk all cool like. I had the tell her that he's limping and hurt his knee. We both had a damn good laugh.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:58 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
I've said it before, I'll say it again: PUT THE PHONE AWAY!!!
Remember my post about my buddy on a date with a woman gabbing on her phone. He walked out on her! I'd have done the same thing!

Old 10-10-2015, 08:03 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again: PUT THE PHONE AWAY!!!
Remember my post about my buddy on a date with a woman gabbing on her phone. He walked out on her! I'd have done the same thing!
I walked out of a restaurant and drove myself home and I was with Mr. CSD, that was the last time his phone was inside a restaurant when we are together.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:10 PM

419 posts, read 1,238,652 times
It wouldn't bother me at all. I guess I don't need that much attention in that particular situation. If I felt I needed that much attention for an important reason I know I can get that from someone when I want to. It's a date, you want the person you are with to enjoy themselves, if that includes them using their phone then go right ahead and use your phone.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:12 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I'd whip my phone out long enough to text them that I was leaving.

Best advice.

Because of the cell phone, people suck at communicating these days.
such a pity

Old 10-11-2015, 12:43 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
skip to 2:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGN7GDhZoxs

Old 10-11-2015, 01:08 PM

419 posts, read 1,238,652 times
I agree about the picture taking. I don't agree though of getting upset because your date won't listen or pay attention to your stories. I feel you should make the date all about the person you have a thing for and not about yourself. Women are beautiful, men are disgusting animals and there isn't all that much interesting about disgusting animals. Put the woman on a pedestal and enjoy the greater of the two creations. Make your date about pleasing the soul sitting across from you, no one is perfect and will fill your expectations completely. Just enjoy the fact you have someone to sit there with even if she has a touch of ADD. I can't believe it is that important of an issue unless you are all about self serving, who would ever want someone like that to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships