Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 04:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times

Advertisements

Lol these replies...

Ok. Here's the latest.

He took me out for lunch yesterday. He wanted me to go back to his but I refused.

Here's how the conversation went when we sat down:

me: listen, you just cant do stuff like that

him: what

sleep with strange girls

I didn't [bleep] her

I know. but you slept in the same bed

it was 4 degrees I was freezing

so why didn't you just get a cab and go home? do you see what I mean? the problem is YOU, the people you hang out with.

I just want to talk about nice things at lunch.

So, we did, although of course we ended up talking about dead people and funerals.

But, he told me he loved me somewhere in the midst of all that...a song was playing on the radio and he sang it to me. Everytime I look at you, I always catch my breath, blah blah

Oh and also he's lost A LOT of weight and he didn't have much to lose in the first place.

There's something about how thin he was that just tugged my heartstrings.

Anyway it was a lovely lunch and I did miss him, at the end of the day the one thing I probably should've mentioned is that we get on very well. We have quite a lot in common (including admitted craziness) and just sort of get each other.

His behavior is down to his alcoholism. So its irresistible force meeting immovable object.

I sketch at my own risk.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-14-2015 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You know, I walked by the cookie jar the other day.

Yeah, I avoided the kitchen but that cookie was on my mind.

One night I cut through the kitchen where I knew the jar would be...

Yeah, it's official now. We were hand in hand the rest of the night.
I went to that particular gig because the alternative was staying in allllllll weekend, against my therapists advice, and That gig was the Least Likely to run into him.

So be fair, I did my utmost best to avoid the guy including not going to a funeral of someone I liked very much.

But this part of town is incredibly small, and if you like live music...well, people know each other. Booze and music = bonding. You get to know folk, they introduce you to other people, on it goes.

Anyway he was looking for me. Turns out he grilled my friend on my whereabouts on the Saturday night.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You gotta be kidding me???

You tell everybody here what to do in their relationships with a VERY strong opinion and then you go back to a guy who cheated on you and goes out having fun right after his bff died and whom you call SKETCHY?

I don't get it. I expected more from you ...

Your posts lately all made sense to me, so I thought you are on your way up ...
Dealing with a mental illness Ive had for 45 years for the very first time >>>diagnosis January.

I probably am up down and sideways.

It truly is one step forward two steps back.

I also have been told by my new and brilliant therapist - NO MORE REDLINING PEOPLE.

Which is my BPD tendency. I can just switch people off, blank them utterly as if they never existed in the first place.

Which is the advice I get here! Yet my therapist is saying Nope, don't do it.

Last edited by cindersslipper; 10-14-2015 at 05:04 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
What I don't get is that the girl he took home is an "utter skank", but he is not an "utter skank" for taking a rando-girl home. He is just some lost misunderstood puppy or something.
Nope here's what I believe happened:

He has quite a few buddies.

One of his main buddies is extremely sketchy, told me he has been alcoholic since age 10 (actually a very sad story) but still looks 35, works, plays in a band etc.

But, as a drop dead alcy, he has ended up in one of the local boarding houses.

This all occurs in a seaside suburb so the place is full of lesbians, transients, crazies, and wealthy folk whos homes are worth millions.

So. There exists boarding houses owned by govt, for people who struggle to live anywhere else. Like sketchys main buddy.

So, sketchys main buddy is now turning up to his own gigs with all manner of skank hanging off him - mostly because they live in the boarding house he now lives in.

Sketchys main buddy is also a meth head so he gets the meth skanks too.

All good fun until sketchy gets hammered drunk and ends up sharing a single bed with one of the skanks and SHE tells me about it. Which is what happened.

It was quite funny really. Bc I know he cant get it up when he's that drunk. And he actually said to me yesterday "oh gross" because she really, really was horrid.

But the fact that he laid down with her at all = not cool. Alcohol driven or not.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:52 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Dealing with a mental illness Ive had for 45 years for the very first time >>>diagnosis January.

I probably am up down and sideways.

It truly is one step forward two steps back.

I also have been told by my new and brilliant therapist - NO MORE REDLINING PEOPLE.

Which is my BPD tendency. I can just switch people off, blank them utterly as if they never existed in the first place.

Which is the advice I get here! Yet my therapist is saying Nope, don't do it.

If you actually wanted to get better from your BPD wouldn't your try to follow your therapist advice?

Old 10-14-2015, 10:31 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Should you be drinking with your diagnosis? I don't know, I am just curious.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:39 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,934,424 times
Quote:
Yep.

You got it.

Sex is very, very, very important to me.

Once you get to my age a man in full working order is a rare gem indeed.
Ok, then no complaining. You know what he's like.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:50 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The sketchy one is you, not him.
Like attracts like.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:59 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
Quote:

I doubt this is in regards to your cheating, alcoholic ex.

You should talk to your therapist about attending Alanon meetings.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:06 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Lol these replies...

Ok. Here's the latest.

He took me out for lunch yesterday. He wanted me to go back to his but I refused.

Here's how the conversation went when we sat down:

me: listen, you just cant do stuff like that

him: what

sleep with strange girls

I didn't [bleep] her

I know. but you slept in the same bed

it was 4 degrees I was freezing

so why didn't you just get a cab and go home? do you see what I mean? the problem is YOU, the people you hang out with.

I just want to talk about nice things at lunch.

Douche. So they were not just SLEEPING but also cuddling because it was cold? Did the poor guy have a cold pecker that he had to warm in her? I bet it was so cold that they had to get undressed and have their skins warm each other.

Such lame excuse ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships