Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 05:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,220,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
Thanks for the nice stories, but I haven't had any such luck. It is so depressing. I don't go out to bars or clubs and I really dislike the idea of partaking in speed dating, but now I'm thinking about engaging in these activities. I am just tired of my family (particularly my sister) mocking me because I don't have a boyfriend.

I'm also tired of the looks that I get from random people when I vacation alone. When I booked my last vacation to the Islands, the travel agent had the audacity to ask me why I was traveling alone. I told him that I needed a break due to my stressful job (but apparently this wasn't a good enough response), he followed up with, "but you don't have a boyfriend or even a friend to accompany you?" I wanted to die of embarrassment, but instead I just reiterated that my intention was to travel alone.
They're not "stories" - you remind me of my friend who now has the 5 year old.

She was disbelieving too until she had a go and met the Man of her Dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:39 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,039,451 times
Quote:
When I booked my last vacation to the Islands, the travel agent had the audacity.......... "but you don't have a boyfriend or even a friend to accompany you?" I wanted to die of embarrassment, but instead I just reiterated that my intention was to travel alone.

Don't take it so seriously.
His only job was to try to sell you another ticket and make more commission.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:41 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,927,087 times
Quote:
My issue is I have no experience and I don't exude any sexual appeal. I am 5'4, 117 lbs. I am thin and lack curves, (this is the biggest problem with my body). I have thought about breast augmentation, to possibly boost my chances of attracting more attention.
Personally I'd prefer a slimmer body type as you describe yourself instead of a woman who is self described as "curvy". Oftentimes women will use curvy as a descriptor to avoid saying that they're actually kinda plump and overweight.

Breast augmentation is not the answer, that attracts the wrong kind of guys typically. You need to put yourself out there more, be in situations and places where it's easier and more likely to meet people. Trying to increase your sexual desire to someone by making your breasts larger is not the key to success here.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:43 PM

562 posts, read 461,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh for Gods sake OP Ive been engaged 3 times, married once, uncountable relationships, and i ALWAYS vacation alone!

NO ONE is looking at you, no one is thinking anything at all about you!

No one's giving you looks, judging you, or spending one single second of THEIR precious holiday time wondering about that girl with the book!

You need therapy - this suggests you have some sort of treatable social anxiety tbh...to be that convinced folk are judging you.

It must make life very difficult.
I don't know about your circumstances, but when I was last on vacation, the guard on the beach approached me and asked if I was alone. I told him I was and he asked me why. I mentioned that I just wanted to get away and he said it was odd to see a pretty woman such as myself on holiday alone.

The next day, a woman (who was apparently traveling with a group) approached me and asked if I was alone. I told her that I was and she followed up by asking, where was I from.. she then stated "I just wanted to have the story straight, instead of guessing, like they were doing last night..." I felt so bad. Those people were actually discussing whether or not I had traveled alone. -How awful!!

Old 10-11-2015, 05:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,220,638 times
Quote:
I don't know about your circumstances, but when I was last on vacation, the guard on the beach approached me and asked if I was alone. I told him I was and he asked me why. I mentioned that I just wanted to get away and he said it was odd to see a pretty woman such as myself on holiday alone.

The next day, a woman (who was apparently traveling with a group) approached me and asked if I was alone. I told her that I was and she followed up by asking, where was I from.. she then stated "I just wanted to have the story straight, instead of guessing, like they were doing last night..." I felt so bad. Those people were actually discussing whether or not I had traveled alone. -How awful!!
Yo. That beach guard was HITTING ON YOU.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:46 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,171,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Don't take it so seriously.
His only job was to try to sell you another ticket and make more commission.
This. He was probably pushing for a sale. So no big deal there. otherwise, if anyone else asks, they're just being nosy. And some of the most nosy people are such because their lives are nothing to brag about either. So they stay in other people's for amusement, or to find bad stuff.

So don't worry about what others think of your single status. Unless it's a man wanting to see if you're single so he could date you, then it's nobody else's concern. If a friend or family member asks of your status, ask them why they care? Don't be nasty or rude, just simply say "Why the sudden interest?"

Should a man ask if you're single, you could try responding with "Are you interested?" If he says he wasn't, then respond with "None of your business then is it?" because some people love to beat around the bush. They compliment and flirt, but won't make an overt move. Men and Women alike. So then, sometimes you may have to chance it and be more forward.I am guilty of that. I am very shy, and some guys seemed to be flirting with me, but never ask for a date or number. So, I assume they were just messing around, and not interested. And that was probably a big mistake on my part in some cases.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Personally I'd prefer a slimmer body type as you describe yourself instead of a woman who is self described as "curvy". Oftentimes women will use curvy as a descriptor to avoid saying that they're actually kinda plump and overweight.

Breast augmentation is not the answer, that attracts the wrong kind of guys typically. You need to put yourself out there more, be in situations and places where it's easier and more likely to meet people. Trying to increase your sexual desire to someone by making your breasts larger is not the key to success here.
Most men wouldn't really prefer my body type, because I have the body of a girl, not a woman. I've seen how some women managed to achieve dating success by getting implants. Online, many men say, no don't do it, it doesn't matter, but offline it's a completely different story. No one is flocking to the women with very thin frames and small breasts (that's for sure).

Old 10-11-2015, 05:51 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,274,980 times
Quote:
Most men wouldn't really prefer my body type, because I have the body of a girl, not a woman. I've seen how some women managed to achieve dating success by getting implants. Online, many men say, no don't do it, it doesn't matter, but offline it's a completely different story. No one is flocking to the women with very thin frames and small breasts (that's for sure).

I'm gonna have to ask for a pic, so we can get to the bottom of your dilemma

Old 10-11-2015, 05:52 PM

8,919 posts, read 7,685,864 times
If being socially awkward is what is holding you back, then you need to take steps to overcome it.

Otherwise, being single is no that big a deal. Don't try to get a boyfriend because you're afraid of what people think of you or you feel like you HAVE to have one. That's not the definition of a relationship. A real relationship is when you are with the person because you like/love/care about them. A person truly happy with themselves and with their relationship DO NOT care about what other people think at all.

As for the guard, more than likely he was looking for someone very vulnerable and trying to get some action. Don't look that far into that.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
This. He was probably pushing for a sale. So no big deal there. otherwise, if anyone else asks, they're just being nosy. And some of the most nosy people are such because their lives are nothing to brag about either. So they stay in other people's for amusement, or to find bad stuff.

So don't worry about what others think of your single status. Unless it's a man wanting to see if you're single so he could date you, then it's nobody else's concern. If a friend or family member asks of your status, ask them why they care? Don't be nasty or rude, just simply say "Why the sudden interest?"

Should a man ask if you're single, you could try responding with "Are you interested?" If he says he wasn't, then respond with "None of your business then is it?" because some people love to beat around the bush. They compliment and flirt, but won't make an overt move. Men and Women alike. So then, sometimes you may have to chance it and be more forward.
No, there was nothing to sell. He was just some random guard on the beach (hired by the resort). If anything, he was trying to hit on me, but I wasn't interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships