Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 07:37 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,800,319 times

Advertisements

For your info, OP, most guys do not like fake boobs. Every guy I have spoken to who have had experience with fake boobs tell me they prefer the real thing. They said the fake ones feel hard and isn't that comfortable. You may get some young guy who's never had it before and just wants to experience it, but he isn't going to stick around.

I would work on my self esteem first. If you haven't tried it already, get some therapy. You sound similar to a friend I used to have who struggled with getting a bf at 28. She's probably 30 now and still single. She had a lot of social anxiety and had trouble conversing with me even. She asked me to help her change her wardrobe and I tried to explain to her that she needed to work on the inside first. I can tell you that even attractive women have trouble with men because if you lack confidence men can smell that. So I would work on that first.

I'm not saying that as someone judging you because I also struggle with social anxiety and I know I need to work on my confidence as well. I'm going to therapy and I know it will take a while. I just hope you can see that changing your appearances isn't going to be a quick fix. Start with the foundation of your problems and slowly learn to be happy with yourself. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 08:18 PM

835 posts, read 660,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
For your info, OP, most guys do not like fake boobs. Every guy I have spoken to who have had experience with fake boobs tell me they prefer the real thing. They said the fake ones feel hard and isn't that comfortable. You may get some young guy who's never had it before and just wants to experience it, but he isn't going to stick around.

I would work on my self esteem first. If you haven't tried it already, get some therapy. You sound similar to a friend I used to have who struggled with getting a bf at 28. She's probably 30 now and still single. She had a lot of social anxiety and had trouble conversing with me even. She asked me to help her change her wardrobe and I tried to explain to her that she needed to work on the inside first. I can tell you that even attractive women have trouble with men because if you lack confidence men can smell that. So I would work on that first.

I'm not saying that as someone judging you because I also struggle with social anxiety and I know I need to work on my confidence as well. I'm going to therapy and I know it will take a while. I just hope you can see that changing your appearances isn't going to be a quick fix. Start with the foundation of your problems and slowly learn to be happy with yourself. Best wishes.
Beautiful advice. Never change your looks or personality to suit someone else. Change inside though to meet your external needs or wants. You will find it meaningful change resulting in desired outcomes.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:45 AM

562 posts, read 467,306 times
I recently received a lovely note (see below).

Some men are very supportive.

--------------

"It took me years to convince my wife to get implants. Now with that statement one would think I forced my wife into this and I made her do it for me. This however is not the case. My wife had small breasts and after breast feeding kids she had almost nothing left. She was very self-conscious about this. No. she was a prisoner to this.

We used to go to the stores and I would say, "that is a nice dress." She would quickly say "no". I didn't know why this was always the case until she explained to me that spaghetti straps, strapless -- anything that would not allow her to wear her padded bra -- was out. She would not go outside or meet other people without her padded bra. She was aware of her breast 24 hours a day.

She now wears a 34c bra and I am married to a whole new person. She says it it one of the greatest things to have ever happened in her life and should have done it when I first told her to. She was scared and studied the subject for years. She no longer worries about her breasts. She wears anything she wants and says she don't even think about them anymore. 18 months post.

Did I convince her because I wanted her to have big breasts for me? No. I did it because I love my wife dearly. I did it because I was sick of watching her be a prisoner to herself. Yes she looks great and my fringe benefits are even better. I loved her before she had c cups and I love her even more.

Reality. The first week afterwards is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I got almost no sleep for two days taking care of her. She was in severe pain and I did everything I could to make it better. It took courage on her part to do this and I did my part.

This was my wife's decision but could not have done it without my support. Big difference between support and forcing. Forty-five hundred dollars well spent. My advice to you, do your home work and do it for yourself. Every one else will be happy for you. Don't listen to those who are giving you bad advice. You are getting a great gift for years to come."

Old 10-14-2015, 05:58 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,224,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I recently received a lovely note (see below).

Some men are very supportive.

--------------

"It took me years to convince my wife to get implants. Now with that statement one would think I forced my wife into this and I made her do it for me. This however is not the case. My wife had small breasts and after breast feeding kids she had almost nothing left. She was very self-conscious about this. No. she was a prisoner to this.

We used to go to the stores and I would say, "that is a nice dress." She would quickly say "no". I didn't know why this was always the case until she explained to me that spaghetti straps, strapless -- anything that would not allow her to wear her padded bra -- was out. She would not go outside or meet other people without her padded bra. She was aware of her breast 24 hours a day.

She now wears a 34c bra and I am married to a whole new person. She says it it one of the greatest things to have ever happened in her life and should have done it when I first told her to. She was scared and studied the subject for years. She no longer worries about her breasts. She wears anything she wants and says she don't even think about them anymore. 18 months post.

Did I convince her because I wanted her to have big breasts for me? No. I did it because I love my wife dearly. I did it because I was sick of watching her be a prisoner to herself. Yes she looks great and my fringe benefits are even better. I loved her before she had c cups and I love her even more.

Reality. The first week afterwards is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I got almost no sleep for two days taking care of her. She was in severe pain and I did everything I could to make it better. It took courage on her part to do this and I did my part.

This was my wife's decision but could not have done it without my support. Big difference between support and forcing. Forty-five hundred dollars well spent. My advice to you, do your home work and do it for yourself. Every one else will be happy for you. Don't listen to those who are giving you bad advice. You are getting a great gift for years to come."
Congratulations, you got some affirmation. It is sad and very telling that his wife was "aware of her breasts 24 hours a day."

So you're scheduling your appointment today, I take it??

Old 10-14-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Congratulations, you got some affirmation. It is sad and very telling that his wife was "aware of her breasts 24 hours a day."

So you're scheduling your appointment today, I take it??
I am not planning to schedule the surgery (as of yet); I'm really just in the research phase. A part of me really wants to get it done, but I can't help but stress out about the possible side effects (like capsular contraction, or a possible breast implant rupture).

Old 10-14-2015, 06:25 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,581,812 times
Quote:
I have thought about this issue for quite sometime. I was hoping that I would have a husband or a long-term boyfriend by now, because I really want to have a family, but it hasn't happened. Should I just accept that I will be single and won't have children? I'm very introverted and find it difficult to meet people.

I am socially awkward...
You still have plenty of time at 37

Do you go out drinking with friends, people you work with , go gym etc? As they are some of the best ways not just to meet people but best of all overcome being " socially awkward ".

I had a mate that broke up with a girl after 12 years of being with her and he was in the same boat as yourself, he felt awkward chatting up women but I took him out a few times and he's now engaged to one he met

Old 10-14-2015, 06:32 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,224,396 times
Quote:
I can't help but stress out about the possible side effects (like capsular contraction, or a possible breast implant rupture).
... and the possibility that it won't be a cure-all.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:47 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,811,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
For sure. There are a lot of situations out there where the woman's pet serves as an impediment to making plans and getting to know her in a way that is unrushed. The pet's needs can sometimes compress the amount of time available for a weeknight early stage drinks date when you are just getting to know someone.

Guys today are competing with so many things for a woman's time. We're already competing with her job, her smartphone, her friends, many other male options she has, etc. The pet is just another thing that we have to compete with for her time.

So that's why a number of guys in this thread have mentioned the pet as a factor, though the primary factor in the case of the OP is her interpersonal relational skills and overall psychological makeup.
I agree with the bolded. This is the biggest change for me since my divorce. I can spot a woman in a bar and she'll never see me because all she's doing is looking at facebook or texting. OLD has now created too many options for women and they're always looking for the bigger better deal. Its unreal.

OP, I don't recommend a boob job. Speaking as a man, its a huge turnoff for me unless there's a real reason for it, like a "lift" after childbirth or breast cancer. I'm bore of a butt guy anyway, so big boobs are lost on me. Looks are important, but friendliness and openness are more important. Be approachable and try to relax. Easy for me to say, I struggle with the same things as a man, and there's the added pressure for me of having to approach.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:54 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,673,301 times
Quote:
I am not planning to schedule the surgery (as of yet); I'm really just in the research phase. A part of me really wants to get it done, but I can't help but stress out about the possible side effects (like capsular contraction, or a possible breast implant rupture).
I'm an A cup and though I like big boobs (real ones), I've never wanted implants. If my boobs were droopy/saggy, I might feel differently about implants, but I agree with others that implants probably aren't the solution to your dating issues.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You still have plenty of time at 37

Do you go out drinking with friends, people you work with , go gym etc? As they are some of the best ways not just to meet people but best of all overcome being " socially awkward ".

I had a mate that broke up with a girl after 12 years of being with her and he was in the same boat as yourself, he felt awkward chatting up women but I took him out a few times and he's now engaged to one he met
I like your user name.

I'm not really one for drinking or going to bars, but I do have a gym membership. Usually, when it's warm, I prefer to do running/exercising outside, but now that it's fall-time I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to start going regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships