Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 11:41 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I don't drink, but go to bars all the time. Only my drunken idiot friends have pointed out that they found it weird.
This, here. I don't get out much anymore but when I do, I'll have 2 and then chill and drink soft drinks if the bar has anything worth drinking (most don't).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 12:55 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
This, here. I don't get out much anymore but when I do, I'll have 2 and then chill and drink soft drinks if the bar has anything worth drinking (most don't).
Yep, exactly. I still go out quite a bit, and I also shouldn't say I don't drink at all, I will drink one or two beers, but almost never more than that. Hate getting drunk. Most of the time am just drinking a soft drink.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:16 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
"He is cute but he looks sober. I'll pass."

Do you honestly think this will be said?

I went to a bar without drinking & the ladies respected me for it.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:47 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post

Is it creepy/weird going to the bars sober like that?
WTF? Do you seriously think that NO ONE goes to a bar or club without drinking? It's weird and creepy that anyone would actually ask the question.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:02 PM

77 posts, read 74,307 times
Quote:
So I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia brought on by a concussion which is basically like a permanent migraine. I was put on a pretty serious pain/brain med to calm the nerve inflammation and as a result I can't drink alcohol as it interacts with the drug badly.

The thing is that I still want to go out with my friends and have fun. I'm fine with not drinking but where I live if your going to the bars obviously you do indulge. I also was broken up with about 1.5 months ago and want to get myself back out there and meet new girls.

Where I live one of the best places to meet girls is at the bars (small college town) and there's really no girls my age where I work so don't have too many options.

No way, bro. Trust me, there aint nothin' wrong with being sober. Anywhere. Ever. Including bars.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but being sober can even give you an edge in trying to, shall we say, make the acquaintance of a pretty young lady at a club or bar setting.

Surely, if you been around college kids drinking, you have noticed by now that alcohol makes a lot of them, well, stupid. LOL. NOT charming. What type of woman would look down on a guy for being sober and articulate? And attentive and quiet and not loud and obnoxious?

Not many. And certainly if on DID she probably ain't the highest of quality of woman. And if You DO hook-up for a one-nighter, you can also find that being sober may enhance your performance when engaging in a certain type of physical performance one does while in the horizontal position.

You won't have to worry about the dreaded syndrome some guys get after too much booze. The term for this malady is a bit crude so I won't say it, but the initials of the 2 word affliction are "W.D."

Old 10-12-2015, 02:08 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,091 times
and that's what club soda is for.

tons of sober people

Old 10-12-2015, 06:03 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Nope....

Its normal for anyone to go to a bar (or anywhere for that matter) without drinking.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
So I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia brought on by a concussion which is basically like a permanent migraine. I was put on a pretty serious pain/brain med to calm the nerve inflammation and as a result I can't drink alcohol as it interacts with the drug badly.

The thing is that I still want to go out with my friends and have fun. I'm fine with not drinking but where I live if your going to the bars obviously you do indulge. I also was broken up with about 1.5 months ago and want to get myself back out there and meet new girls.

Where I live one of the best places to meet girls is at the bars (small college town) and there's really no girls my age where I work so don't have too many options.

Not weird at all.....good bars and pubs are as much about socializing as they are just drinking. Go have fun!

Old 10-12-2015, 07:16 PM

513 posts, read 429,218 times
You're good

Old 10-12-2015, 09:31 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
WTF? Do you seriously think that NO ONE goes to a bar or club without drinking? It's weird and creepy that anyone would actually ask the question.
No, it's not weird and creepy. It's someone young, a bit inexperienced, that probably hasn't been around a variety of bars and just sees the other young ones going out to get plastered.

Save the creepy for the ones that actually are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships