Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 09:21 PM

388 posts, read 382,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
Lol, what's wrong with a guy giving a girl his number instead of asking hers? In a way I prefer it that way because its up to me wether I want to follow up or not.I don't like guys asking for my number when I'm not interested.I prefer they leave it up to me
But you're more interested in him than he is in you! Are you sure you want to follow up with a guy who has probably forgotten who you are by now?

Quote:
I prefer calling, but some people forget that the phone was once for voice communications. I default to texting unless I'm able to have a chat about communication preferences.
Phone is for calling and setting dates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
But you're more interested in him than he is in you! Are you sure you want to follow up with a guy who has probably forgotten who you are by now?

I think it is better to set future dates in person at all times and cut the phone out of the equation, calling or texting. Phone calls are great if you can actually reach the person. But it can be risky in the early stages in terms of getting stuck in voicemail jail (long term unreturned phone call). Texting is impersonal but can be convenient. Also, if you are dealing with anyone early 30s or younger, they are more used to texting.

The phone is not your friend.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:42 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post

Yeah, OP already had a thread where that happened w/ another guy about a month ago.. Chasin after some dude who dgaf either..

Old 10-13-2015, 09:53 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I got a number from a guy 5 days ago .The reason why I haven't texted is because he's physically not my type.I'm still not sure if I should text or not. There's just no desire for me to text him.I need that initial attraction for me follow up

Would you only text a guy if the initial attraction is there?
Why do you want to play games? You know you aren't interested....sounds like your just looking for an ego boost so you can play him like a fiddle for awhile and then turn him down.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:58 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I think it is better to set future dates in person at all times and cut the phone out of the equation, calling or texting. Phone calls are great if you can actually reach the person. But it can be risky in the early stages in terms of getting stuck in voicemail jail (long term unreturned phone call). Texting is impersonal but can be convenient. Also, if you are dealing with anyone early 30s or younger, they are more used to texting.

The phone is not your friend.

Exactly! Put it down and try to interact with people. People just are not as friendly or as personable as they use to be. Ever notice everybody walking around with their head down on their phones. Yesterday at work, during a break. I was walking through the break room, I noticed about 8 people, no one talking, all with the heads down on their phones. Complete quiet. It never use to be like that.
Remember years ago when there was NO texting. and no voicemail. People seemed to interact with each other better. Yep, showing my age. But people seems to be more friendly when you met, or encountered them and you got to know them. Not getting to know them maybe later,through texting. Not a quick encounter, yea here's my number, contact me later. But some ones question. Do I text him since he gave me his number but he didnt take mine. If some one is truly interested in you. There is no question. Numbers will be exchanged and mutual contact will be made.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:02 AM

72 posts, read 67,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
He is not your type but you accepted his number.
he is not your type but you are thinking of texting him.

Makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrychen View Post
if he is not your type why you take his number? why not he take your number before? So, you don't need wonder. Only do text when you like. ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Why would you text him if he's not your type?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
If you're not interested in the guy, why would initiate contact?
All that would do is lead him on and make him think you ARE interested - how could that possibly turn out well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Why contact someone if you already arent interested. If you are interested call them whenever you wish.

lol...jeeze...

Women should know women...

OP probably isn't physically attracted to him. But who knows....maybe OP herself isn't physically attractive either?

Or maybe OP hasn't had a date in a long time and a guy give her a number?

Perhaps all the guys she was physically attracted to ignored her and his guy didn't?

Or..maybe...this whole attractive thing is all in one's head? There's been lots of relationships where the girl said the guy was not her type, but the guy kept pursuing and asking her out...eventually they went out and now they are madly in love?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:59 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
lol...jeeze...

Women should know women...

OP probably isn't physically attracted to him. But who knows....maybe OP herself isn't physically attractive either?

Or maybe OP hasn't had a date in a long time and a guy give her a number?

Perhaps all the guys she was physically attracted to ignored her and his guy didn't?

Or..maybe...this whole attractive thing is all in one's head? There's been lots of relationships where the girl said the guy was not her type, but the guy kept pursuing and asking her out...eventually they went out and now they are madly in love?
Right.

I think OP is deciding to cash in and text or roll again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships