Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:13 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
Crazy, players and indecisive. Just start chatting to another girl and they will suddenly want you

But no one should friendzone themselves just to see if they'll change their mind.....
I've rarely been truly friendzoned. Usually, if a girl shoots me down, I decide to become genuine friends with her (which means I no longer view her sexually), cut her off completely, or just invite her over and make moves on her when I'm bored (lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTX3939 View Post
They probably treat you as a last resort.
This is actually a good point. They were probably talking to many other guys and were already discarded by some after having sex with them. So then they turned to me.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:15 PM

79 posts, read 81,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
From what I've seen, most men that get stuck in the friendzone tend to be pansies that put that particular woman on a pedestal. Not the ones that are trying to get sex.
Men who get placed in the friendzone because they place themselves there.
Whether they are a pansies or not has nothing to do with it.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
No.

My point is that I get friendzoned, accept it, and then the women randomly start liking me (when I've already lost interest in them).

It's a very annoying pattern that has happened more times than not in my life.

I'm wondering why they don't just give it a shot when I first ask them out, as opposed to all of this game playing.
First of all, you don't get friend zoned. You are accepting someone's friendship. Secondly, relationships aren't set in stone. Feelings change. People change.

I've had friends that asked me out or confessed their feelings for me. I didn't friend zone them. I simply wasn't attracted to them but valued their friendship. Most of them remained my friend. I guess they enjoyed my company. My ex-boyfriend and I started out as friends, dated for 5 years, and have been friends ever since we broke up about 17 years ago. We have always been friends - for awhile we were something more.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:19 PM

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Honestly, I don't know how women can be with those men if they know that those men only want to have to do with women if they can have sex with them. I mean what does that say about what he really thinks about you? He is literally disrespecting the entire gender.
Maybe they are deluded and like the attention? Friendzone is hurtful for everyone involved. Even the women hurts her chances of finding a decent man with so many male 'friends' hanging around.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:20 PM

79 posts, read 81,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, not for me. Because I want my friends to be people who actually care about me and wish me well and want to be my friend. Not some aholes who stick around thinking I'm going to change my mind about screwing them. That's so disrespectful.

A friend, a real friend, is something that is so important and so sacred that it should not be considered less than a romantic relationship.

But I think that a lot of guys really aren't interested in women unless sex is involved. So to them the friend zone exists as a place they were put instead of them actually realizing that the woman has deluded herself into thinking that this guy actually cares about her as a person.

Honestly, I don't know how women can be with those men if they know that those men only want to have to do with women if they can have sex with them. I mean what does that say about what he really thinks about you? He is literally disrespecting the entire gender.
No one is forcing a man or woman to be in a friendship or friendzone just so someone can change his or her mind to have sex.

People are free to walk away I personally never understood that mentality of men who just be friends with a woman thats not interested in dating them when they want something more.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:28 PM

Does the Friend Zone Truly Exist-304661_462287057127692_1259616545_n.jpg

Old 10-13-2015, 10:34 PM

388 posts, read 382,974 times
Quote:

Old 10-13-2015, 10:39 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
I've always thought it extremely pointless to be "just friends" with a woman. If you're a straight guy, why bother wasting time with a woman like this? Sure, there are woman I work with that I talk to - that I'm not romantically interested in. However, this is only because we work together & have that in common - plus, I'm stuck there all day

In my free time, there's no way I would waste time with a woman that I wasn't either on my way to sleeping with - or actually sleeping with.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I've always thought it extremely pointless to be "just friends" with a woman. If you're a straight guy, why bother wasting time with a woman like this? Sure, there are woman I work with that I talk to - that I'm not romantically interested in. However, this is only because we work together & have that in common - plus, I'm stuck there all day

In my free time, there's no way I would waste time with a woman that I wasn't either on my way to sleeping with - or actually sleeping with.
I guess it depends on the person.

I have some female friends that I genuinely consider friends, even though some of them are physically attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships