Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:49 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
When i put my pic backup I got one mutual like on quick match so I messaged her figuring she was interested in me and she never responded back..old sucks
I disabled my account, but I'm tempted to put my more fun and playful picture back up and see what happens. Although I know the answer already: I may get a handful of profile views and may get a couple of messages that come with the warning to avoid internet scams but that's likely to be it. I think the last time I reactivated my account so I could review a profile for someone, I had maybe 3 profile views in the course of a weekend, and a quick search revealed no one new had signed up in the time I had been off the site (3 weeks, I think?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 10:56 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I disabled my account, but I'm tempted to put my more fun and playful picture back up and see what happens. Although I know the answer already: I may get a handful of profile views and may get a couple of messages that come with the warning to avoid internet scams but that's likely to be it. I think the last time I reactivated my account so I could review a profile for someone, I had maybe 3 profile views in the course of a weekend, and a quick search revealed no one new had signed up in the time I had been off the site (3 weeks, I think?)
You post reminded me... the photo that caught the eye of the person I am now dating was a goofy, staged photo of me. We still talk about that picture. And it was just me being silly. Although that picture was buried along with others (it wasn't my main profile picture). Maybe there is something to humor and success. Might be worth a try to throw in one or two "funny photos."

Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I just don't understand why I got a mutual like and no response back when I sent a message..Too many options I guess? Guys taller and better looking then me probably messaged her..

Old 10-16-2015, 11:42 AM

507 posts, read 443,026 times
Quote:
My style and grooming is fine it's probably my unattractive face that's the problem lol
Well, see, you may think your style and grooming are fine, but I can't tell you how many men think they have a good look for themselves who look 100 times better after some strategic plucking, a new hair style (or even some color), a change in facial hair (either adding or subtracting, depending on his bone structure), a little tooth whitener, some moisturizer, and a different wardrobe.

Sounds like a lot, but it's nothing we women don't deal with every day, not to change who we are, but to be the best versions of ourselves. For example, the difference in how I look wearing a yellow crew neck shirt and a black or dark jewel-tone V-neck is like the difference between night and day. I nearly look like two different people, no joke.

I'm not photogenic, myself, and definitely not photogenic if the picture is taken with a phone. Lots of info on the internet about how cell phones distort, but I also just don't have the angular face required for good pictures, so basically I come out looking like a pumpkin with Pinocchio's nose. It's awful. So any pictures I took of myself were with a digital camera from across the room, zoomed in (little trick I learned from a photographer buddy). Otherwise, I just used photos friends took.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:18 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Hope you had the decency to pass the messages to your friend. He might get lucky!

Old 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I just don't understand why I got a mutual like and no response back when I sent a message..Too many options I guess? Guys taller and better looking then me probably messaged her..
Maybe she hasn't been on the site. My friend got a message back from a woman over a month after he contacted her. Maybe she met someone else. Maybe "she" was actually a fake profile designed to keep you on the site and "playing" Quickmatch.

My Quickmatch matches tend to be the same men over and over. I've determined that if a man "likes" me but I pass on QM, that profile will keep coming up to see if I've changed my mind. Same thing with Tinder - if I said no to someone, but yes when he came back up, every single time, it was a match. Not surprising that QM and Tinder would work similarly given Tinder and OKC are owned by the same company and QM is basically OKC's version of Tinder.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
You post reminded me... the photo that caught the eye of the person I am now dating was a goofy, staged photo of me. We still talk about that picture. And it was just me being silly. Although that picture was buried along with others (it wasn't my main profile picture). Maybe there is something to humor and success. Might be worth a try to throw in one or two "funny photos."
I keep getting advised to show more pictures of me being active. I do have one of my hiking and one of me with my bike.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:34 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Photoshopping your photos will only set your date up for disappointment when you meet in person.

and that's exactly the point sometimes. Just as supermodels get photoshopped from their ugly selves.

a date and disappointment is better than no date at all, because there is a chance the superficial disappointment will be fleeting when you start talking.

If she is still hung up on the guy's appearance, then she is very shallow and not worth keeping anyway.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:40 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,359 times
Quote:

don't feel bummed by it. There are plenty of fish.

POF requires you to lower your standards a bit. You're being quite superficial too.

just as an experiment, try chatting up "girls in your league."

POF doesn't work the way you want it because all the 5's and 6's from both genders think they deserve 9's and 10's.
and when the 9's and 10's get together, they find out there's no frickin substance, so they keep fishing.

Old 10-16-2015, 01:49 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
don't feel bummed by it. There are plenty of fish.

POF requires you to lower your standards a bit. You're being quite superficial too.

just as an experiment, try chatting up "girls in your league."

POF doesn't work the way you want it because all the 5's and 6's from both genders think they deserve 9's and 10's.
and when the 9's and 10's get together, they find out there's no frickin substance, so they keep fishing.
I'm on okcupid not pof..and I have no idea what my league is or who's in it..but I'm definitely not just going after 10's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships