Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 12:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,988,244 times

Advertisements

From my observation and experience. For most women a good looking man is very important. IF your not good looking guy, its going to be real hard to get a woman, hell even average to below average women prefer a man that is good looking and will fight tooth and nail to be with a good looking guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 01:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,569,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
and that's exactly the point sometimes. Just as supermodels get photoshopped from their ugly selves.

a date and disappointment is better than no date at all, because there is a chance the superficial disappointment will be fleeting when you start talking.

If she is still hung up on the guy's appearance, then she is very shallow and not worth keeping anyway.
It's not shallow to expect someone to look similar to the photos they posted on the dating site. If you were deliberately dishonest in altering them drastically, I doubt that'll go over well.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:56 PM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
From my observation and experience. For most women a good looking man is very important. IF your not good looking guy, its going to be real hard to get a woman, hell even average to below average women prefer a man that is good looking and will fight tooth and nail to be with a good looking guy.
Yeah living in nyc I've witnessed the same thing..even average women are extremely picky with looks..

This girl I messaged who mutual liked me wasn't even all that attractive and kinda overweight yet I'm still not good enough lol

Old 10-17-2015, 06:30 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,757,242 times
I just got a message on POF from a dance acquaintance yesterday. He is one of the handsomest men I know but he said that he has only gotten 4 messages back from women (not including mine) since he got on 2 mo ago. At one time I wanted to date him but found that he's a bit of an a$$ so will refrain and that's even if he asks me, which I doubt he will, and if he does it will be because he has so few other choices which doesn't do much for making me want to date him. Looks indeed ain't everything. OTOH, I met a man last night at a dance who looks just like Pierce Brosnan--us ladies were all swooning! I would have been totally intimidated but his manner was so warm and friendly that I just had a good time

Old 10-17-2015, 06:40 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,636,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yeah living in nyc I've witnessed the same thing..even average women are extremely picky with looks..

This girl I messaged who mutual liked me wasn't even all that attractive and kinda overweight yet I'm still not good enough lol

Anyone is entitled to not date you based on any criteria. Your attitude here would be enough for me to pass on you even if you looked like George Clooney.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2015, 06:43 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,962,891 times
Quote:

Her preference is completely independent of her appearance, though. That she was kind of overweight has nothing to do with what kind of man she prefers or what she finds attractive.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:01 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,267,047 times
Quote:
I got 15 messages in one day asking to talk to me. Meanwhile using my real photo I got 0 responses so far in a few months with the same profile.

People saying it's all about your profile and what you write are full if it. It's all about your pic and how you look..
Dating is not for the faint of heart. It is totally cut throat. I don't care if a person is an heiress to a billion dollar fortune. If she looks like Roseanne Barr or Rosie O Donnell, profile clicks or attraction won't ever happen. Step your physical attraction game up. Only thing you can do.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:08 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,441,519 times
Well, since changing back to the more fun and playful picture on Friday, I have had 16 profile views (that I can see) and have received 3 messages. Pretty much what I expected - more of the same. I've put the two pictures in my profile here - don't know why one of them is upside down - so people can see how hideously unattractive I am before everyone responds the only reason I'm not getting flooded with messages is because I'm an ugly, fat cow.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:54 PM

5,313 posts, read 6,088,798 times
I finally got a return message back and she laughed and what I said so I thought I might have a shot.. But all her answers are short and she hadn't asked anything about me

Old really sucks

Old 10-24-2015, 10:51 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,395,526 times
Quote:
I finally got a return message back and she laughed and what I said so I thought I might have a shot.. But all her answers are short and she hadn't asked anything about me

Old really sucks
That's pretty most of the messages I've encountered as well on OLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships