Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 09:14 PM

154 posts, read 127,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Hm...I see. Maybe try going longer, not just dating the next guy "in line", but being patient until one shows up who is not so, uh, low quality.

Can you describe what you want and need in a partner? Please be detailed, and avoid negatives, using more positive statements (ie avoid "not an ex-con", instead make that a given or state something like "law-abiding").
What goals, values, lifestyle, qualities, and interests should they have that are at least EQUAL to what you have to offer? How can you reasonably improve to attract what you want, in the case of wanting something you dont quite meet yourself yet?
61 dates in the span of a year? She's a "professional dater", you know, being wined and dined by random internet guys, and out of all those men, none were up to par.

I'm going to call B.S. on this one. This has the ingredients for a self-absorbed, delusional individual who's standards do not jive with reality.

At least that's what this smells like from here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 09:29 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
61 dates in the span of a year? She's a "professional dater", you know, being wined and dined by random internet guys, and out of all those men, none were up to par.

I'm going to call B.S. on this one. This has the ingredients for a self-absorbed, delusional individual who's standards do not jive with reality.

But she seems to get sexually involved with men who are low quality. Her standard is probably "chemistry", then. There is probably some self-esteem issue (pretty standard for self-absorped, delusional people) which is making her chemistry "off", aka, her instincts are leading her to bad guys who comfirm her low self-esteem. These men may pick up on the possible fact that she doesnt have defined values or boundaries she adheres to, instead going off of emotional and physical attraction, and so they take advantage of that for some months of fun, but they do not respect her enough to stick around.

This is why defining values, standards, genuine needs, etc, may help. She needs to weed out based on these, not just go for those she has chemistry with. It is a matter of being "picky" about the right things.

I may be wrong though.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:33 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:

LOL, the OP is a joke and every one of her threads are a joke and anyone that takes them seriously is being played... I'm shocked and amazed that she's, if it's even a woman, has been able to "survive" here as long as they have....... riding that gray area like a big dawg....

Old 10-16-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
But she seems to get sexually involved with men who are low quality. Her standard is probably "chemistry", then. There is probably some self-esteem issue (pretty standard for self-absorped, delusional people) which is making her chemistry "off", aka, her instincts are leading her to bad guys who comfirm her low self-esteem. These men may pick up on the possible fact that she doesnt have defined values or boundaries she adheres to, instead going off of emotional and physical attraction, and so they take advantage of that for some months of fun, but they do not respect her enough to stick around.

This is why defining values, standards, genuine needs, etc, may help. She needs to weed out based on these, not just go for those she has chemistry with. It is a matter of being "picky" about the right things.

I may be wrong though.
**Fist Bump**

Now, let's go tag-team some clients. (not sexually, psychologically)

Old 10-16-2015, 09:35 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
**Fist Bump**

Now, let's go tag-team some clients. (not sexually, psychologically)
As long as I can work from my armchair.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
As long as I can work from my armchair.
I'll print us some fake certificates and college degrees. You buy some cheap frames, we can hang 'em on the walls. I'll grow a beard, and you buy some outdated business-casual clothes and smear lipstick on your lower lip -- we will look like bonafide psychotherapists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, the OP is a joke and every one of her threads are a joke and anyone that takes them seriously is being played... I'm shocked and amazed that she's, if it's even a woman, has been able to "survive" here as long as they have....... riding that gray area like a big dawg....
Kind of the gist I'm getting. Like I said earlier, posting for praise and validation. Very seldom do genuinely confused people proactively seek logical advice on a forum like this.

I love this place.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I'll print us some fake certificates and college degrees. You buy some cheap frames, we can hang 'em on the walls. I'll grow a beard, and you buy some outdated business-casual clothes and smear lipstick on your lower lip -- we will look like bonafide psychotherapists.

Kind of the gist I'm getting. Like I said earlier, posting for praise and validation. Very seldom do genuinely confused people proactively seek logical advice on a forum like this.

I love this place.
She's got about 5 threads that are just gems and no man with an ounce of brain would entertain a split second with her... like I said, I actually wonder if it's some woman hater disguised as a women just to make women look bad... you know what I mean......otherwise there's no logic that I can get my simple little mind to understand....

Old 10-16-2015, 10:42 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So what do say, is it that some women are just disposable? What makes them so?
Yes, women with 2+ kids are considered disposable by men that have other options, even by some men with no other options.
You forgot you had 2 kids again. Doh!

Old 10-16-2015, 11:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
I'm not sure why some people think it's impossible for a woman to act like this. It's funny how every time an off the wall thread is posted by a female poster some people automatically think it's a dude who's trolling. There are some clueless women out there and this is the kind of thing they are clueless about.

Maybe the reason why the OP is having this problem is that she simply can't stand being by herself and therefore comes off as desperate and men can pick up on it.

I mean even in the 8 months she was 'single' she went on 61 dates before settling for a man she initially thought of as a friend because she couldn't stand being alone anymore. Do you really think men can't sense that.

There are a number of women out there who are like this and have the same exact problem the OP has.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm not sure why some people think it's impossible for a woman to act like this. It's funny how every time an off the wall thread is posted by a female poster some people automatically think it's a dude who's trolling. There are some clueless women out there and this is the kind of thing they are clueless about.

Maybe the reason why the OP is having this problem is that she simply can't stand being by herself and therefore comes off as desperate and men can pick up on it.

I mean even in the 8 months she was 'single' she went on 61 dates before settling for a man she initially thought of as a friend because she couldn't stand being alone anymore. Do you really think men can't sense that.

There are a number of women out there who are like this and have the same exact problem the OP has.
I never think it's a dude who's trolling normally....... but this poster has a long long history of ridiculousness beyond normalcy... LOL.... go back and read her posts and you might just change your mind....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships