Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:00 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Sexy is a must-bone feeling. Attractive is a would-bone feeling.
LOL! So if somebody calls me sexy does this mean they got a boner thinking of me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 10:04 PM

154 posts, read 127,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well sexy is basically you wanna jump them. Bump Uglies lol
That term makes me cringe every time. I don't know what it is.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:04 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
LOL! So if somebody calls me sexy does this mean they got a boner thinking of me?
Yup! If a guy calls you sexy, he's lookin' to tap it.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:10 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,179 times
I should clarify. There is a level above sexy, and that's called trashy. Get a 5-7/10 woman to wear a trashy Halloween costume and they can transcend sexy. Enter another dimension.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:57 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
Speaking as a male:

A woman exemplifying what we generally call "intelligence", in and of itself, can be a turn-on and arouse my attraction (definitely so) but, if it isn't coupled with other qualities like good overall character (sweetness, sensitivity, empathy, et al . . . or enough so of such qualities), an ability to hang loose and be fun, and having an ingrained sense of humor (or, if not being a developed humorist in her own right, then at least being able to appreciate humor and wit from others such as from myself), then simply being highly intelligent, articulate, well-versed, et al while lacking those other qualities doesn't win me over and make her "attractive" or "sexy" to me (except perhaps in a purely physical animal sense but not someone I would want more than a one-time physicall encounter with).

I've known or been acquainted with women who were obviously rather intelligent or even highly intelligent yet were prone to being condescending/demeaning or snarky or effete or stuck up or rather humorless (unable to laugh much) or rather socially cliquish/snobby or insensitive to too prone to being a prude and so on. Or they appeared to manifest intelligence at first glance but I could tell that they were not really intellectuial types in the true and broad sense of the term but just that they had a collection of professional credentials, titles, and prominent academic degrees attached to their name. But they would get rather bored or disinterested if you try to delve into a broader range of subjects or ideas outside their narrow scope of interest.

In the end, I ideally want a woman with at least a modicum of genuine intelligence or brightness (and/or an appreciation for someone else like myself who has those qualities) yet who is also very sweet, kind, appreciative of what I am and demonstrative with her affections and receptive to my affections toward her, nurturing and supportive, and the like. If she doesn't have these other qualities but just merely "intelligence" or even "high intelligence", I would just as soon go for a woman with lesser outward "on-your-sleeve" intellectuality but more well-developed nurturing and personal qualities. Perhaps greater overall "intelligence" in her can be developed over time but it is rather harder for a person who rather lacks in good character qualities to develop said qualities. To me, I tend to think that lacking such good personal qualities after a certain age and stage in life is likely indicative of a more deeply ingrained character flaw. And then as well, I also try to keep in mind that two people are or may each be "intelligent" but in different ways: for instance, I may have much acedemic and intellectual smarts over her but she may have better interpersonal skills or more well-developed social graces (e.g., dancing, being more of a social butterfly than myself, a better seamstress and clothing mender than I, better with listening skills, better at being short and succinct in speech and writing compared to me being at times prone to verbosity, and so on). So, our different types of intelligences might complement one another. That is, I can prospectively learn from her as much as she can learn from me but in different ways.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, I can't have a relationship without it. Why? Because it makes them interesting to be around and it makes them witty. I can talk to them and they will intuitively get the point I am making, I can learn things, I can learn new ways to look at things, new ways to do things....I can trust them to make good decisions, they have the ability to self reflect with an openness of self, someone to bounce ideas off of.... the list is endless.

I think Urban Sasquatch mentioned that a girl said she wanted to lick his brain. Can't tell me that isn't sexy. Foreplay starts with my brain.
Totally agree with you. It is just a lot more fun to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'd venture to say that most people I know that are super smart are dull as butter knives... just as a disclaimer I've always worked with engineer types and as much as I hate to say it, that stereotype about engineers exists for a reason...

I'm one of the exceptions myself.... as I've got wit, charm and charisma... at least as much as my engineering type lizard brain can allow for....

Smart without humor is like having a race car with a flat tire.....
Smart and funny here. Not an engineer ....I work in marketing. Lots of interesting people in marketing.

Old 10-17-2015, 03:00 AM

52,260 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
No. I dont find anti-intelligence sexy either, its just that to me, sexy = "I am sexually turned on by you" and intelligence in a woman isnt going to get me an erection. She better have a nice body, hair, face.
So let me guess here DaBeez.... She needs to be able to squat at least 250 lbs and deadlift 175....?????????

Would that raise the flag for ya???????

Old 10-17-2015, 03:03 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Intelligence is paramount.

Dolts are tiresome. I have no use for them.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:19 AM

277 posts, read 271,472 times
Intelligence is definitely sexy. There are times when all you do is talk, and if there's nothing to talk about, or if the topics are 5-grade level and superficial the process is almost painful. On the other hand, when you talk to someone who manages to expand your perspective, that creates another level of intrigue and interest.
As long as the intelligence doesn't go hand in hand with arrogance. I know this one guy, his intellectual IQ is way up there, works for Google, has a Master's, but he never lets anyone talk, and he thinks only his answers are right. Sometimes you listen to his monologues and think - how do i get him to stop talking without offending him....? So emotional intelligence/people skills are a must, as well.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:07 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Yes it is, it's the outside that initially grabs me but intelligence will keep me around. If you can't carry on a conversation on different topics and have an opinion, it gets boring pretty quickly. With that said, as with most things too much is not a good thing. I dated a few women that had advanced degrees, and it was apparent that they thought they were somehow above me with only a measly B.S. degree. They tended to dominate the conversation, and anything I contributed was immediately dismissed. Needless to say, there was never another date with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships