Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 11:39 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

There is nothing inherently wrong or risky for a woman to marry a bisexual man. Fidelity is fidelity.

This post is about infidelity and an unresolved relationship, that's why she needs to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
There is nothing inherently wrong or risky for a woman to marry a bisexual man. Fidelity is fidelity.

This post is about infidelity and an unresolved relationship, that's why she needs to leave.
Exactly. I agree with this 100%

If monogamy is important to her then she needs to tell him and say there are no exceptions. Unless she can make exceptions. That's a whole other conversation

Old 10-18-2015, 11:42 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

The only reason I find it a little "more" in this case, is because the fiance does not seem to "know" himself.

He has unresolved issues that he may always wonder about, as opposed to a guy who knows he's bi-, has experienced that, and subsequently chosen someone to marry, of either gender.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-18-2015, 11:49 AM

507 posts, read 442,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lully1298 View Post
I recently found very graphic messages from my fiance to a man he used to share a house with. When I confronted him about it he told me the whole story - at the age of 32 he was unsure of his sexuality and decided to move in with this man he had met online to see if they could make a go of it. It didn't work out and in the meantime he met me (25 y/of female) ...
...who snoops on her fiance's technology.

He should have dumped you, not explained to you.

Then again, he should have deleted the messages from wherever he sent them, so apparently he's not that bright.

However, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers would like to see you get married, as you'll be good for business in a few years.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
...who snoops on her fiance's technology.

He should have dumped you, not explained to you.

Then again, he should have deleted the messages from wherever he sent them, so apparently he's not that bright.

However, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers would like to see you get married, as you'll be good for business in a few years.
Snooping is legit in many, many cases. Like this one. Wouldn't you agree?

People have always looked into the background of those they want to marry or enter into partnerships with, to see if there is anything weird there. It's not new. It's only technology that is different.

My ex husband pulled this on me. The "I don't want to be in a relationship where we snoop on each other" after I found the emails where he was declaring his love to another woman. The type of mind pretzeling he had to do to try and make ME the guilty party was hysterical. Sorry, I'm not falling into that trap. Sadly, many do.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:56 PM

507 posts, read 442,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Snooping is legit in many, many cases. Like this one. Wouldn't you agree?

People have always looked into the background of those they want to marry or enter into partnerships with, to see if there is anything weird there. It's not new. It's only technology that is different.

My ex husband pulled this on me. The "I don't want to be in a relationship where we snoop on each other" after I found the emails where he was declaring his love to another woman. The type of mind pretzeling he had to do to try and make ME the guilty party was hysterical. Sorry, I'm not falling into that trap. Sadly, many do.
I don't think the ends justify the means, no. If she had suspicions of him or didn't trust him somehow, she should have spoken about her concerns to him. Unless I missed it, I don't see where she did.

Then again, that begs the question of why remain with someone you have suspicions about or no longer trust? They're only engaged. In that situation, I would just break things off. If I mistrust someone enough to even get the idea to snoop, the relationship is already done. Once trust is gone, that's it for me.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:12 AM

4 posts, read 2,755 times
I didn't snoop because I mistrusted him, which is the most ironic part. I was looking out of sheer curiosity. I was using his I pad and they were just there. I looked at a couple of messages he sent to his best friend because they made me laugh, I looked to see what he'd be talking about with his grandma. This is not the issue.

I do not have a problem with his sexuality, as a lot of posters here have said, it is the lack of trust I now have and may never regain. I have a problem with the fact that he has kept something so massive from me, something so integral to who he is and I had no clue whatsoever. I have gone from loving someone with every inch of myself to finding they have only loved with with half of themselves and the other half, I have no idea who that is.

He has explained it in the way that there are two completely different sides to him and that he keeps them so separate that he sent those messages to this man and didn't feel it was even connected to the relationship we have. He said he has in fact had relations with men and therefore can make the decision that he wants me and our live because he was never satisfied with that side of him. Clearly he has major issues. Not because of his feelings for men of course but because of this compartmentalisarion he has been doing.

I feel like I should run for the hills like so many of you have suggested but this is the most bizarre thing to get my head round that I'm not sure I can trust myself to make a good decision. The man I love is still in there, the relationship we had is still real - you can't fake that. This side of him I can't even imagine, so it's difficult to leave for the things that part of him has done.

I actually feel like I'm going crazy.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:51 AM

861 posts, read 852,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You probably don't know who he is.

I was married for 10 years, had no clue who he was either as it turned out.

Don't marry the guy, for the Love Of God.

That squirmy feeling that caused you to begin a thread on CD = INSTINCT

Don't ignore it.

You want someone who cant even look at you without wanting to get you into bed.
Assuming this thread is serious, the answer is obvious leave and let him understand his sexuality.

He is obviously curious, so he needs to scratch that itch.

If you go all the way and he decides after 20 years of marriage he is gay. Then its on you..

It has happened to many women and nothing is more soul destroying than your partner saying they prefer the other gender after dating YOU.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lully1298 View Post
I didn't snoop because I mistrusted him, which is the most ironic part. I was looking out of sheer curiosity. I was using his I pad and they were just there. I looked at a couple of messages he sent to his best friend because they made me laugh, I looked to see what he'd be talking about with his grandma. This is not the issue.

I do not have a problem with his sexuality, as a lot of posters here have said, it is the lack of trust I now have and may never regain. I have a problem with the fact that he has kept something so massive from me, something so integral to who he is and I had no clue whatsoever. I have gone from loving someone with every inch of myself to finding they have only loved with with half of themselves and the other half, I have no idea who that is.

He has explained it in the way that there are two completely different sides to him and that he keeps them so separate that he sent those messages to this man and didn't feel it was even connected to the relationship we have. He said he has in fact had relations with men and therefore can make the decision that he wants me and our live because he was never satisfied with that side of him. Clearly he has major issues. Not because of his feelings for men of course but because of this compartmentalisarion he has been doing.

I feel like I should run for the hills like so many of you have suggested but this is the most bizarre thing to get my head round that I'm not sure I can trust myself to make a good decision. The man I love is still in there, the relationship we had is still real - you can't fake that. This side of him I can't even imagine, so it's difficult to leave for the things that part of him has done.

I actually feel like I'm going crazy.
No matter what words you use to pretty it up YOU SNOOPED, what is on his messages is none of your business. So you snooped, you found something you did not like and now it's his fault you don't trust him......typical

Old 10-19-2015, 03:13 AM

4 posts, read 2,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No matter what words you use to pretty it up YOU SNOOPED, what is on his messages is none of your business. So you snooped, you found something you did not like and now it's his fault you don't trust him......typical
That's actually a hilarious response. Thank you so much for making me laugh at the worst time in my life. So who he is truly is as a person is nothing to do with me? Because that's what these messages reveal. I would quite happily let him read everything I send to everyone because I have nothing to hide. Because I have shared everything with him. That's what you're supposed to do with someone you've decided to share your life with. Otherwise what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships