Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:13 PM

469 posts, read 398,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Give him honest ground rules with real consequences if he breaks them. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water just yet since you aren't married. Have a real heart to heart with him and clearly spell out what you will and won't accept and tell him he can get out of the engagement if he isn't willing to accept your terms.
I think it's already pretty obvious that this is unacceptable behavior when you get engaged. What is having this conversation going to add? Like, he didn't already know but after this conversation a light blub will go off?

And I'm not sure but are you saying she should give him another chance since, after all, they aren't married yet? On the contrary - this should be the honeymoon phase! If he's reaching out to have sex with other men while they are in their honeymoon phase, what's going to happen in 5 years when he's a little bored?

OP, let it go. This was not meant to be and you will be setting yourself up for a life time of anguish if you try to make this work. He's gay. He's a liar. He's a cheater and has no issue with betraying you. What more do you need to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:26 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lully1298 View Post
I recently found very graphic messages from my fiance to a man he used to share a house with. When I confronted him about it he told me the whole story - at the age of 32 he was unsure of his sexuality and decided to move in with this man he had met online to see if they could make a go of it. It didn't work out and in the meantime he met me (25 y/of female) and we fell madly in love. I was practically living in this house with him and this man, me thinking they were just roommates, before moving into our own place. A year later we got engaged and are due to be married next October.

But now these messages reveal that they are still in touch, talking about doing very intimate things together with my fiance saying he wished they could have tried harder to make a go of it. He says he doesn't know why he sent those messages and that nothing physical has happened between them since we have been together.

I am so incredibly confused. Never in a million years would I have thought he was bisexual but that isn't what is tearing me apart. It's the sense of betrayal, regardless of with a man or woman, and although they did not act on their messages, it certainly sounded like they wanted to.

I love this man so much, we were planning our entire lives together, having children, the works. He says he is incredibly sorry and that he loves me and still wants to do all of those things with me. I believe him but how could I begin to move on when I don't even know how to process this? I feel like I don't know who he is.
Like the saying goes, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Why would you want to enter into a relationship with somebody who has been lying to you from day 1? Lied to you about his relationship with the guy...while you were living in the same house. I say drop him before he drops you, with 2 kids.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:54 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
The snooping issue aside for now, he's is obviously still "feeling" his ex. He says he is sorry and wants you, but for how long? 6 months? A year? That is what you should be questioning right now. Were the messages just him reminiscing about his past or were they indicative of something more?

I certainly wouldn't marry him at this point. Too much uncertainty there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships