Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 12:54 PM

4 posts, read 2,755 times

Advertisements

I recently found very graphic messages from my fiance to a man he used to share a house with. When I confronted him about it he told me the whole story - at the age of 32 he was unsure of his sexuality and decided to move in with this man he had met online to see if they could make a go of it. It didn't work out and in the meantime he met me (25 y/of female) and we fell madly in love. I was practically living in this house with him and this man, me thinking they were just roommates, before moving into our own place. A year later we got engaged and are due to be married next October.

But now these messages reveal that they are still in touch, talking about doing very intimate things together with my fiance saying he wished they could have tried harder to make a go of it. He says he doesn't know why he sent those messages and that nothing physical has happened between them since we have been together.

I am so incredibly confused. Never in a million years would I have thought he was bisexual but that isn't what is tearing me apart. It's the sense of betrayal, regardless of with a man or woman, and although they did not act on their messages, it certainly sounded like they wanted to.

I love this man so much, we were planning our entire lives together, having children, the works. He says he is incredibly sorry and that he loves me and still wants to do all of those things with me. I believe him but how could I begin to move on when I don't even know how to process this? I feel like I don't know who he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 01:19 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
You probably don't know who he is.

I was married for 10 years, had no clue who he was either as it turned out.

Don't marry the guy, for the Love Of God.

That squirmy feeling that caused you to begin a thread on CD = INSTINCT

Don't ignore it.

You want someone who cant even look at you without wanting to get you into bed.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:26 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
Oh, this will NOT get better. I would advise you to remove yourself from the situation. He has betrayed your trust. Do you want to spend your life wondering if he's still in contact with this person, if he really is where he says he is? At the very, VERY least, postpone the wedding until you're sure of what you're feeling.
I'm sorry this happened to you.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:29 PM

277 posts, read 271,551 times
Yeah... being someone's plan B - not cool. It's hard to remove yourself from the situation, but you should, until it becomes too complicated, with legal papers and all.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:39 PM

273 posts, read 240,916 times
I am sure he has feelings for you, however as his message relates he has unresolved feelings for this other man. If it was me I would cut it off. He was dishonest with you and portrayed something that was not. The fact you were sharing this house is bonkers and I would feel incredibly betrayed. You are just asking for a lifetime of heartache.

Bottom line. He was not upfront with you. Ask yourself are you the safer choice for him because you are female? I would get some help from a trusted friend and really reconsider.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:43 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
You accept that your to be husband is bisexual, if you can't accept that, it's time to move on.

They's ain't no therapy gonna make his feelings toward men "go away."

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-17-2015 at 01:59 PM..

Old 10-17-2015, 01:55 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lully1298 View Post
I recently found very graphic messages from my fiance to a man he used to share a house with. When I confronted him about it he told me the whole story - at the age of 32 he was unsure of his sexuality and decided to move in with this man he had met online to see if they could make a go of it. It didn't work out and in the meantime he met me (25 y/of female) and we fell madly in love. I was practically living in this house with him and this man, me thinking they were just roommates, before moving into our own place. A year later we got engaged and are due to be married next October.

But now these messages reveal that they are still in touch, talking about doing very intimate things together with my fiance saying he wished they could have tried harder to make a go of it. He says he doesn't know why he sent those messages and that nothing physical has happened between them since we have been together.

I am so incredibly confused. Never in a million years would I have thought he was bisexual but that isn't what is tearing me apart. It's the sense of betrayal, regardless of with a man or woman, and although they did not act on their messages, it certainly sounded like they wanted to.

I love this man so much, we were planning our entire lives together, having children, the works. He says he is incredibly sorry and that he loves me and still wants to do all of those things with me. I believe him but how could I begin to move on when I don't even know how to process this? I feel like I don't know who he is.
He knows exactly why he sent those messages. Because he meant them. The only thing he's sorry about is that he got caught.

Enter at your own risk.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Pretty good story for a first post. I'll wait and see if there is more to this drama to come.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:05 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Don't do it. Run fast. Very fast. Take it from someone with experience.

Old 10-17-2015, 02:52 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Betrayal is betrayal. Gender/orientation isn't super relevant, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships