Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:31 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,701,855 times

Advertisements

Um, aren't most people not attracted to most other people? Isn't it kind of "rare" to find that special person you want to be committed to?

I'd say yes, the majority of women aren't attracted to the majority of men out there. Just look at age groups alone. About 12% of the population is 25-34 years old. So if your 25-year-old hottie is out there looking for a man around her age (and the vast majority of people date around their age) off the bat that means 87% of men out there won't be on her radar. Same can be said for men too. If you are 25-years-old, are you interested in all women out there? Even 85-year-old grandma? Or are you looking for women 20-30 years old (only 13.8% of the women out there?)

And that's not even accounting for things like looks, good chemistry, interest, values, humor, goals in life, etc

And for those who think this is a bad thing, And ask yourself this, if you are in a relationship with a woman (or man if you are a woman), do you really think you want her to be attracted to most other people out there? Do you really want someone in your life who is not that discerning that they will take anyone... that you are "just anyone?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 11:36 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
From what I've seen, this is only expected of men. Women tend to be able to get away with anything they want.
If women are "getting away with anything they want" isn't the bigger question who's allowing them to do so? If some men are so desperate that they'd pursue and put up with bad behavior by women, that's not really the woman's fault, is it?

Old 10-19-2015, 11:38 AM

565 posts, read 432,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If women are "getting away with anything they want" isn't the bigger question who's allowing them to do so? If some men are so desperate that they'd pursue and put up with bad behavior by women, that's not really the woman's fault, is it?
Is it ever? Way to prove the other posters point...haha

Old 10-19-2015, 11:42 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Is it ever? Way to prove the other posters point...haha
It's less to do with finger-pointing and more to do with basic psychology. You encourage behavior by rewarding it. It doesn't make any sense for a group of men to reward antisocial behavior from certain women and then complain that women get to do whatever they want. If those women stopped getting attention, they'd learn to be better people and those men could focus their attention on women who are better partners.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:48 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,701,855 times
Quote:
It's less to do with finger-pointing and more to do with basic psychology. You encourage behavior by rewarding it. It doesn't make any sense for a group of men to reward antisocial behavior from certain women and then complain that women get to do whatever they want. If those women stopped getting attention, they'd learn to be better people and those men could focus their attention on women who are better partners.
AKA some men spoil these kinds of women and reinforce bad behavior. It's like giving a dog affection and treats for being aggressive and then being surprised that the dog bites people. When you think of it, men who act this way act JUST like the women who go for "bad boys." They are the same, just different genders.

Since you can't control what other people (other men) do, do the only thing you can: have some standards for yourself and don't tolerate being a door mat. Find a good, loving woman and don't settle for a _itch just because she "looks good." Doesn't matter if she's a 10, if that's your only standard, you have very low standards.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:53 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
I'm not sure I'm following this... When you say "top few percent", are you suggesting that women are only physically attracted to men who are in the 97th percentile of all men? (or 95th or whatever "top few percent" means)

I don't think this is true. I have always believed the rule of "there's always someone for everyone", and that, in fact, that "someone" does find that man physically attractive.

Now, I would agree that there is a top few percent of men that [most] females find attractive, sure.
Yes..I mean look at old you have to be Tall and very good looking to get attention on there so imo women are only physically attracted at first glance to a very small group of good looking men..

Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,359 times
Oh YAY!

Another one of THESE threads!!!

Old 10-19-2015, 11:57 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
Here are my thoughts on this issue: Often people (guys) complain that women have it too easy. If you are an average looking woman, you probably get tons of prospective guys looking to date you, sleep with you, what have you.

But here is the kicker: Women are not attracted to the average dude!

So yes you can complain and say, "Well that's not fair. Why shouldn't an average woman be deserve to an average guy?"

That's also very true. I can't defend that, however, guys, assume this hypothetical scenario:

You are teleported to a world where 99% of women are fat, ugly, terrible personality, etc. And all the guys are average guys.

You would also complain that there's no good female prospects.

This is probably what women experience.

The average guy, who is probably a 5 in a scale of 10....women would probably give him a 3 or a 4.

I would presume most women come to realization that they would have to settle for the average bloke some point in her life. There's simply not enough 6"3 muscular, outgoing guys, well travelled, intelligent, and with 6 figure incomes to go around lol. And of course, it will be called "changing my tastes" of course.
OP, I've seen women practically throw themselves at average guys, nerdy guys, whatever. That's the wonderful thing about human diversity; everyone's taste is different. Some people love "quirky", some swoon over "nerdy" or "geeky", others perceive steadiness and reliability in the Average Joe.

If anything is predictable about human preferences in the opposite sex, it's the unpredictability of it all. Celebrate the diversity! Stop using invalid sweeping generalizations as an excuse for why you can't find a gf.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:59 AM

1,273 posts, read 990,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
You must've married very young. very, very young

Am I really missing anything.
My hubs was a 25 yr old virgin, not from lack of girls trying but from his personal convictions

Old 10-19-2015, 11:59 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
That's what I've been saying for the longest.

A lot of men need to drink more water so they want be so thirsty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships