Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 03:32 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times

Advertisements

Not every man is a pedophile. However, there are enough out there that I tend to think of the safety of children first, the man's pride and feelings second. Common sense tells most of us that talking through private messages with vulnerable children is probably not the best course of action. If a person wants to mentor, there are better ways of doing it than PMing on facebook. A group setting might be a safer way to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 04:12 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Eh, the guy is flattering himself majorly by fantasizing that these young girls want him...
And who knows- maybe they do.

The wife at this point has to realize that whatever happens, happens.
If he's determined to be w/ a minor, he will be.
But I hope if he does get w/ a minor he gets busted.

And I should know...
I just turned 16 when I met my husband & he was 29.
Looking back I realize.....I was just a baby

Old 10-20-2015, 05:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Unless I way miss my guess, Facebook is doing the o.p.'s homework for her and monitoring this guys interactions with the 'underage girls'. If he gets stupid, they will nail him, and it will be over for both him and the o.p. So IMO she should follow some of the advice given in both her threads or just continue on in the way she has been and let events take their course.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
First, I doubt any of this is even real given your user name and your last post:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ve-me-way.html

If, these two posts are legitimate, your husband has a serious problem. Youth pastor, or not, his obsession with young teen girls and his desire for your body to be like that of a teen girl are sick.

^^^ This. Trust your instincts.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
There are a ton of over reactions on this thread and the other.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-20-2015, 07:19 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times
No man his age, particularly in a position of trust has any business chatting on Facebook with Teenage girls, period. I would advise him that he is stupid for doing it and that he could find himself in trouble with the law as well.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:41 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Sad thing is corrupt minds can only see corrupt things, this where their heart is at.
As man thinks in his heart so is he.
"To the pure, all thing are pure, but to the defiled is nothing pure." Paul
Ive had women jump down my throat, having only smiled a her little boy at McDonalds ,and they know nothing about me.
They glare at every man in the establishment, and rush off to their car dragging the chid behind, in essence teaching the child some severe paranoia .
I have spent a great deal of my life counseling people of all ages , and no hanky panky ever went on, in fact many of he issues were dealing with bad sexual conduct, and people would reveal to me things they would not tell any one else .
Many events I was just a sounding board for blowing off seam.
When some one want's advise they will use, Generally it is sitting down with the person they are in conflict with and getting the facts strait.
I have spent 5+ years in volunteer with the sheriffs department in search and rescue.
Also been approved of the Boy Scouts back ground check for assistant scout master.
I tried many times t get my wife involved in these things with me but she had no interest , criticism and excuse were all she had to contribute.
Yes ,it is an imperfect world , and yes there are people to deal with , I have known some raggedy characters on the out side, but they would share their last sandwich with you if you were hungry.
On the other hand known some slick looking folk you simply don't turn your back on, literally.
but you can't treat every one like they are a criminal .
One of the reasons I would not become a cop, is the culture in the SO, believing every one is guilty of something , they just haven't been caught yet, and they rarely socialize with civilians .
At lest that''s my experience.
Any person has the potential of being a pervert , I believe it's best to get the facts before ruining some one's life.
Again to the OP , get involved in His ministry . stop speculating . Pray for Him and find guidance from God .

Old 10-21-2015, 12:15 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There are a ton of over reactions on this thread and the other.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw this.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:27 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw this.
here, here, I noticed it, too!!!

Old 10-21-2015, 04:06 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
here, here, I noticed it, too!!!
This thread is a good demonstration of the lynch mob mentality. So far, the husband has done nothing illegal or even immoral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships