Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 01:15 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
Oh guys come on, don't you think friendship between men and women aren't dangerous? Come on...In every friendship, always has one who develops feelings, always!

Nope. Not always. I've had female friends since high school (25+ years) where neither of us ever developed feelings beyond our caring for each other as friends.

Sorry. Wrong again.

Besides, just because feelings might arise, it doesn't mean you still can't be friends. Most evolved adults can control them and not act on them and continue to be sincere friends.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:17 PM

340 posts, read 272,591 times
"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship." Oscar Wilde
Read more at Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship... - Oscar Wilde at BrainyQuote

Old 10-28-2015, 01:18 PM

102,223 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Oh guys come on, don't you think friendship between men and women aren't dangerous? Come on...In every friendship, always has one who develops feelings, always!
It doesn't matter if one of them develops feelings, as long as the other one isn't interested. Usually, the one who develops feelings keeps it to himself if the other is in a relationship. If your gf isn't interested in the guy in that way, there's nothing to worry about.

BTW, have you asked her if he has a gf?

Old 10-28-2015, 01:18 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,153,597 times
Quote:
You do have a point there...but it doesn't always happen. Only when there's a spark, then look out.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
No. I don't think that friendships are dangerous. But then again I know how to act like an adult and take relationships seriously.

You sound like you have some serious issues to work through.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship." Oscar Wilde
Read more at Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship... - Oscar Wilde at BrainyQuote

A playwright from the 19th century is the definitive source for what friendships are possible in the 21st century?

Good one, OP.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
That's driving me crazy!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Ok then you need to grow up a little bit and not worry that your girlfriend is seeing a life coach or counselor or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Your being THIS JEALOUS over something like this indicates that you have some serious self-esteem problems, too.
Quote:
But either way i'm still suspicious about her. Its hard for me to trust women...
Quote:
I just can't trust in women, i just don't trust them! I don't know what to do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Stop dating and leave women alone until you get your act together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I second this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

You need to break up with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I'd run the other way if I was her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Time to take a break from this relationship.

Both of you need to do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
The issues you are having are things you should have gotten over by the time you were 20. You should really think about therapy for yourself for your insecurities over these issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yours is a strange reaction. Male therapists and coaches have lots of female clients, and female coaches and therapists have lots of male clients. It's normal. Get used to it. If you can't, then get therapy yourself for your issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You either trust someone or you don't. If you don't trust them, you shouldn't be with them. If you don't trust women as a whole - you shouldn't be in a relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It doesn't particularly matter what a bunch of other people on the internet say or even what the life coach's intentions are. The OP, in particular, doesn't trust his girlfriend to speak to another man without jumping into bed with him. That's not the foundation of a strong, healthy relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
But, really, your outlook overall is seriously warped.
Read all of these ^^^ and then step back and understand that YOU have problems you need professional help with.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:48 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,642 times
My wife and I have plenty of friends of the opposite sex. I'm happy spending time with my female friends just as she is happy spending time with her male friends. Maybe I forgot to mention, my wife and I tend to spend that time together.

That's not to say I don't trust her - I absolutely do. If she were to go to a movie with one of her male friends and I with one of my female friends, it wouldn't be an issue. However, my male friends and her female friends are all married.

BUT, there is never a time when my wife is spending multiple hours over a period of weeks alone with one of them, sharing her most intimate details.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:20 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What does that have to do with anything? I'm dating someone. What our agreement is really isn't your business.
Just wondering how the male/female relationship dynamics work in a committed relationship. If there are limits you have voluntarily placed on your interactions with female friends and if so, who are you to judge when a person has a different level of comfort and limitations for opposite sex friendships within a committed relationship?

Old 10-28-2015, 02:26 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It doesn't matter if one of them develops feelings, as long as the other one isn't interested. Usually, the one who develops feelings keeps it to himself if the other is in a relationship. If your gf isn't interested in the guy in that way, there's nothing to worry about.

BTW, have you asked her if he has a gf?
That does matter. It's super painful to be in love with someone you know won't love you back and being friends is nearly impossible if they know. Also on the flip side it's super awkward to be the one someone is in love with when you can't reciprocate and makes you feel like crap knowing they want to be more than friends when you can't see them that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships