Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 04:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yep woman want to be entertained. Even then you have to be careful that your not the goofy friend type that no girl is attracted to.

Tall but not too tall. Funny but not too funny. etc etc.. woman 5 and up going after what they call the 10 dudes not settling for anything less.

And then I get to hear them complain about how "men" this that and the other trait when they're talking pretty much about this minority population of men that all the women are holding out for.
Yes I'll grant you it's a fine balance for a man to pull off BUT I think we as men can be ALOT more pickier and choosier than women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes I'll grant you it's a fine balance for a man to pull off BUT I think we as men can be ALOT more pickier and choosier than women.
I don't know man the lady I took out last night was about a ugly as you can get lol ..

Old 10-28-2015, 04:22 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Good women want a good man.

I find your posts confusing. In some of them, you sound ultra religious and in others you talk about basically using women. And in another thread it seems like you think that a woman is disrespecting her boyfriend/husband if she interacts with men as friends and such. You kind of sound all over the place in who you are, what you are looking for, and how you view women.
Sometimes ultra religious and women hating seems to go hand in hand. There are a few who post here who don't respect women. What's concerning is that some of them are married. I feel so sorry for their wives.

OP seems like the typical "nice guy" who isn't really nice but thinks he deserves a woman NOW, because God said so, and it's all feminism's fault because if only we weren't out thinking with our little female brains, he'd have a woman now. Nope. Be a good guy for real. Otherwise you deserve loneliness.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
I know this wasn't for me, but the girl I met last night that I met on OKcupid stated she didn't eat dinner yet. So I offered to take her out to Denny's.

So the girl takes advantage of the opportunity and orders the equivalent of two meals with the intention of taking it home with her.

It was clear her intent was literally to get a free meal for the night and even the following day. She didn't look like she's been eating too much recently so I just paid for it all.

Give to those that ask of you right?
This is not being a nice guy. This is having such soft boundaries that you become a doormat and then get mad because someone stepped over your almost non-existent boundaries.

There is a whole other area between being a jerk and being a doormat. Guys who complain about being too nice and then thinking they need to be jerks don't seem to understand this though.

The lesson from last night's date is not to become an a-hole. The lesson is to get to know someone a bit before you treat her to dinner.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 10-28-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 10-28-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I don't know man the lady I took out last night was about a ugly as you can get lol ..
Ive got no answer to that one mate LOL

Incidentally how did you break it off with her?

Old 10-28-2015, 04:29 PM

It would be great if the secret to pulling women was to be a selfish jerk. Then you could always do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted without spending any money and you would would always have a ready supply of women.

If you could just be a jerk, you could call all the shots.

Doesn't work that way though.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:31 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
The last woman I dated was technically still married (scheduled for divorce in early November) with two two little hellion kids age 4 and 5 and an ex that apparently accused her of child abuse and was crazy. On the one date, the little girl was literally hitting her mom in the face and pulling her hair while she was riding on her shoulders. The mother didn't really do anything at all so I let the kid know she was hurting her mom.

If it was my child I would have spanked her little behind. I already see issues with her ex if that ensued. lol

Whatever for complete jerks maybe it's worth an excessive force charge.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Women don't love a gentleman. They despise and look down at them. They don't want you to think that, but that is the reality.

I'm not saying be an aszhole. woman like charisma, confidence.. be yourself. open the door.. but don't be a door mat.
Quote:
The problem has been my approach. Women do not want a good guy, provider, and all that anymore..

They don't want someone that is going to be good for them. They see it as a weakness. You become their dog that comes at their beckon call. no thank you.. got to play the game that plays into their twisted psyche.
Absolute horse pucky.

Quote:
I've always thought a sense of humour goes a long way
It goes a very long way...unfortunately, what we see after a failed date is this:

Quote:
Yep woman want to be entertained. Even then you have to be careful that your not the goofy friend type that no girl is attracted to.

Tall but not too tall. Funny but not too funny. confident but not arrogant. etc etc.. woman 5 and up going after what they call the 10 dudes not settling for anything less.

And then I get to hear them complain about how "men" this that and the other trait when they're talking pretty much about this minority population of men that all the women are holding out for.
This forum is like a soap opera. You can leave for six months, come back, and the drama is still the same.

Man up. So it didn't work with the past dates. Am I allowed to say this: grow a pair and stop acting like a child who got a toy taken away from them. Men don't seem to realize that females can sense this attitude even if they've never met the man before. You think you mask it well...you don't.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The last woman I dated was technically still married (scheduled for divorce in early November) with two two little hellion kids age 4 and 5 and an ex that apparently accused her of child abuse and was crazy. On the one date, the little girl was literally hitting her mom in the face and pulling her hair while she was riding on her shoulders. The mother didn't really do anything at all so I let the kid know she was hurting her mom.

If it was my child I would have spanked her little behind. I already see issues with her ex if that ensued. lol

There's that boundary issue again.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:

Well you sure do pick them lol

But yes just a guy it's my pet hate men that disrespect women, THATS why I pride myself on being true and kind to them ......... As it should be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships