Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 06:22 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
The OP is actually the girlfriend. So it's not surprising that she painted the "OP" as a cheap bast…
LOL... I missed that part... LOL......

Edit.. I have to start reading more and less skimming... LOL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2015, 06:53 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm 27 and rarely carry cash myself. I figure of my wallet gets jacked I can recover any bad credit card charges but can't recover actual cash.
Carry your cash in your front pocket, or the watch pocket. It's a lot harder for someone to try stealing it.....

Old 10-22-2015, 06:56 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
The OP is actually the girlfriend. So it's not surprising that she painted the "OP" as a cheap bast…
hmmm

Might be a female impersonator.....

Old 10-22-2015, 11:47 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Yeah. Frankly I'm surprised that people took the misleading OP as well as they did.

I think the entire switcheroo was juvenile. Why not just post as yourself?

We still only got the gf's point of view, so what was the point?

She just wanted to hear that she was right and he was wrong.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:36 AM

15 posts, read 24,692 times
Hello! OP here, just for a final update.
We are still together after a long conversation last night.

He did explain things very well regarding why he was feeling unsure about my motives towards being with him.
He did agree he was cheap
He also agreed that now he sees why I was insulted

But also, he also mentioned that he doesn't want to end up always paying even if does "step up" from now on like I asked him to, and he wasn't sure if I was here for "fun" or for the long run so it was hard for him to invest in me.
I had to assure him that I will like to see a long term future with him (will like a marriage for life if we do get married) but he is just giving me a grim look if we do get married if he keeps on being stingy. Also, like always I will like to pull forth my fair share in the relationship when it comes to paying for things.
He said if we were to marry and have kids, he will take care of me and the children and that is what he hopes to become of us.

Sorry for pulling you all in and twisting the view, I felt very unappreciated with him and I wanted to ask from his view. Also, to be honest I wanted both opinions and as a female I didn't want to be dismissed as being just too sensitive. (you know people do that, I am not that sensitive but some people assume you just are)
to be honest, I am still on the fence with him. like some people mentioned it's the same issue we keep on having just wrapped up in a different way. I was really ready for us to end last night, but we came to a compromise.
I hope we don't have this kind of a huge argument, but if we do I might be back on city data or it will just be the end for us.
Thank you all again!!

Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
He is who he is, no matter how LONG you talk to him.

NEVER marry someone thinking that they will change something. If you don't want things to be exactly the way they are now (and maybe sometimes worse) for the rest of your life, don't marry him.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:12 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
He is the way he is, stingy and doubtful of you. That's not a very good relationship base.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2015, 12:16 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Since he agreed he is cheap, don't expect that to change if you get married. If being cheap all the time is something you're not willing to live with, you better think about moving on.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
A lot of people say that relationships are hard work. And while my husband and I have had some periods of time where we have argued more than others, all in all, I don't feel like our relationship has ever been hard work. I feel like LIFE is hard work. A relationship should make the hard work of life easier.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:04 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
When the waitress brought over two checks, did you pick hers up and pay for it as well?
Did she pick up his?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships