Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 03:23 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times

Advertisements

It's a comfort thing for you. You do not want to be put out of your comfort zone. It changes too much of what you know and habits you have formed.
For her it's most likely your own lack of willingness to even try. It's personal to her since you won't compromise for what she wants from you.

If she is saying this is a deal breaker for herself, then yes it's a deal breaker.

Compromise and spend a night or two a week. Your home isn't going to implode if you are not their to sleep in it and you can easily work bringing a few things you need for the next day to her location.

It will be concerning for her becuase it is showing her your over all lack of personal flexibility, an over all unwillingness to adapt to changes.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-21-2015 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 04:45 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
I think spending the night with someone is important, too. It might be a deal breaker if you can't reach a compromise.

Does her son live exclusively with her? Don't you have days off? Why don't you pay your housemate to walk the dogs once in awhile?

Old 10-21-2015, 05:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
Does she ever sleep over at your house? If so, time for you to compromise and go to her house, too. If she doesn't ever sleep at your house, then don't worry about it.

There is something to be said for waking up next to the person you love, though.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:50 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I am with the OP on this. I sleep way better in my own bed. And I have a lot of stuff I need to take care of at my house...and the gym thing is completely valid. And certainly her son...jeez I never had a man sleep over if my son was at home, at that age!! Shame on her for having so little consideration of her son!! That's really a terrible reflection on her.

If I were you, and she told me this was a deal breaker, I can assure you I would let that deal be broken.
I agree 100%. Your reasons are not excuses, they are legit.

She is a grown up, and should be able to deal.

It may be that it is possible for you two to communicate better about this issue.

Can Baby-Daddy step up a little more and keep Junior more often so she can sleep at YOUR place?

Old 10-22-2015, 10:53 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I think spending the night with someone is important, too. It might be a deal breaker if you can't reach a compromise.

Indeed. I find it critical to building a bond. Falling asleep together, holding, waking up together... without them I can't imagine ever having attachment build.

I do understand the hurdles here, but the issue is real.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 618 times
I think lots of your arguments are weak.
The first question you need to ask is why are you not willing to do the effort to make it work?
What she asks is totally normal!

A relationship is something you need to work on. You only slept twice together in a year? That's not normal in my opinion. She got a valid point there. If you are not willing to do the effort to grow your relationship, then you should ask yourself if you love her enough.

This has nothing to do with being needy. I think a healthy relationship is about growing towards eachother. In my opinion some of your arguments are BS. You need to step up your game a little or ask yourself if you love her enough.
- change your routine (I suppose you don't go to the gym or do chores at home every day? Or if you do then try to schedule so you can arrange one night a week with her..)
- buy a better bed together (Sleeping problem solved!)
- prepare your gym bag the night before
- learn your dogs to be alone at night or take them with you (Your dogs should be as important as your girlfriend, but not more important)
- I understand your point about her kid. There are probably times her kid can stay with his father or is staying over at friends? You need to arrange these things. She will do the effort to arrange this if you do atleast a tiny bit of effort. This is your only valid point in my opinion.

You also see it too black and white.. staying over twice in a year is nothing. Why not stay over maybe once a week during the weekend to start with? It doesn't mean you have to semi move in with her?

Do some effort. You are supposed to do that in a relationship.
I think you don't feel the need to sleep over.. which makes me conclude that you are not that much into her. And I guess that is what she is thinking. Set your priorities!

Last edited by Effort007; 02-04-2017 at 08:45 PM..

Old 02-04-2017, 08:46 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs. I don't know. I could barely read your post. Try using spaces and paragraphs.

OP agreed to just show her what you posted here, but maybe separate it out so she can read it better.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:52 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
This thread is 15 months old. Why would anyone dig it up now?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:08 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
This thread is 15 months old. Why would anyone dig it up now?
You beat me to it. The OP is long gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships