Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:42 AM

51 posts, read 28,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
Hi OP,
WOW! Tough break kid, you're in love never even knew it? they say there's someone out there for everyone, don't buy into that dude, the old timers say you may only be totally in love one or two times in your life maybe three but the chances are slim to known. I feel bad for you because you just checked into the Heartbreak Hotel, it hurts and burns because the flame is going to burn for a long time, your probably already catching yourself talking out loud to yourself? it's a tough road but only you can take that walk alone. As you travel down that lonely street of dreams, KEEP REMINDING YOURSELF, next time a woman smiles and laughs your way, jump on the chance to keep her happy and smiling forever more.Then and only then will the gates of glory will open wide. Make it your life long lesson of making someone happy.
I know, I just realized today that I was totally in love the whole time, what a fuking joke I am.
When I accidentally saw the record of our conversation when we first chat on line messager , I realized that she and I, we have so much connections with each other, the emotion was so intense that I can't bear to read it anymore. Yes, she was THE woman that knock my socks off, and I fuked up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 04:14 PM

220 posts, read 174,579 times
Hang in there OP. I'm two months into my breakup and I still feel pain. She dumped me even though I thought we were totally compatible and I never got angry/mad with her. Everybody heals at different rates but remember that this time will pass and we will both feel whole again.

Sure we will never forget but in time hopefully we will both find someone new who makes our old girlfriends a distant memory.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:15 PM

220 posts, read 174,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio9366 View Post
I know, I just realized today that I was totally in love the whole time, what a fuking joke I am.
When I accidentally saw the record of our conversation when we first chat on line messager , I realized that she and I, we have so much connections with each other, the emotion was so intense that I can't bear to read it anymore. Yes, she was THE woman that knock my socks off, and I fuked up!
Also don't read your old conversations. The only thing that's accomplishing is making it harder for yourself to get over her. Bringing up the good memories only ends up bringing up the heartbreak even more.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:21 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
Also don't read your old conversations. The only thing that's accomplishing is making it harder for yourself to get over her. Bringing up the good memories only ends up bringing up the heartbreak even more.
Best revenge is to get over them. Delete, delete, delete.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:22 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
awwwaawaaaaawww. I feel your pain.

It will get better. Seeing her with a new dude hurts like crazy but it will get better soon. Now you have realized that she will not come back and you can work with that and digest it better without the feeling of hope.

Don't cry ... it will get better.

Get some beer, that always helps.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:10 PM

238 posts, read 222,819 times
Honestly, only time heals. It will get better in time. That I can promise you. I can't promise you anything else. Sometimes someone might say something that for the time being, will put things into perspective; however, those feelings are usually short lived. Your acceptance level will come and go. Some days will be better than others. But remember, you weren't right for each other. That's the feeling that you need to keep going back to, no matter how you feel. This feeling will pass.
Try not to focus on her so much. If you do, try to remember the bad more. You're young and you will bounce back. You weren't with her that long.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:17 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
...when we argued, it mostly because she tantrum over many small issues, and she had hard time communicate verbally with me.
Quote:
she actually has a new boyfriend ​
It sounds like she was the problem, not you.

You should have dumped her.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
you will have to learn that all relationships are by nature temporary. and since this is the case, you will have to learn to get over a relationship that ends.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:35 PM

272 posts, read 185,224 times
Hello my young friend,

I have been where you are and it's not a good place, so a few pointers may help. You need to de-sensitize yourself to her memory, because that is all she is right now. Get angry. Cuss her out. She couldn't have been all that. I found the most unflattering photo of my ex that I could find and posted it on the mirror. "OK, you ugly black-hearted witch, what did I EVER see in you?"

We as men idealize women to the point of absurdity through movies, novels, religion, art, geez the list is endless. Your job is to mentally navigate through this and put yourself back together.

Allow for the possibility that your next lady will be ten times better, and work on improving yourself to get ready for such a person.

And lastly, don't fall into the trap of blaming women in general for your situation. They didn't choose her, you did.

Now the Sisterhood on here is not going to like my advice but I think we both can deal with that.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:57 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times
3 months?? Sounds like a bad one. If you aren't over it by now you probably will never be completely over it. Seek professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships