Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 10:00 AM

5,289 posts, read 5,206,793 times

Advertisements

They are teenagers. They are having their own lives now. Hanging out at your house is not their life. And it shouldnt be forced on them. If they were younger, maybe.

If boyfriend was really interested in coming over, he'd make it happen without dragging teens with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,911,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am done with divorce, so I won't marry unless I know for certain it is forever and that person, is as committed as I am to make it forever.
you will never know that for certain...not even close
marriage is a huge gamble/risk

part of me says, if one of you is not willing to relocate for the other, than what happens when a truly big sacrifice is needed...

another part of me says this would be ideal...keep your own residence, be together when you want, be apart when you want, your not locked together financially either...ideal...then this part of me says why even get married...just be a monogamous couple without the legal agreement...and that is pretty much how I feel about marriage...why...why lock yourself to someone financially...I know and know of plenty of peeps who don't divorce ONLY because they cant afford it, live in misery...why why why

Old 03-14-2016, 10:02 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,330,089 times
Quote:
I have been buying them video games for payment and we have not had to mow since October. I have a tractor for mowing so that's not a huge inconvenience for teen boys. That falls under driving/ fun.

Tooling around on a tractor, going where you want, is fun. Not driving up & down & back, over & over, mowing 2 1/2 acres at some woman's yard his dad is banging, who only pays with video games and not cash. There is nothing fun about that.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:08 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,010,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
NO, you two adults should stop trying to force a situation that isn't actually working.

Are you at work right now????
Him and I do work and worked fine when the kids came over.

Yes.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:09 AM

48,395 posts, read 34,529,196 times
Quote:
Him and I do work and worked fine when the kids came over.

Yes.

After the first two months you've complained quite a bit.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-14-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
They are teenagers. They are having their own lives now. Hanging out at your house is not their life. And it shouldnt be forced on them. If they were younger, maybe.

If boyfriend was really interested in coming over, he'd make it happen without dragging teens with him.
He tried doing that but they got into trouble home alone and their grandfather put his foot down to take them or stay home with them.

Bf and I have our kids most of the time. So if we are moving towards living together, which is the only way I will stay in this relationship, the kids will have to accept it.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
you will never know that for certain...not even close
marriage is a huge gamble/risk

part of me says, if one of you is not willing to relocate for the other, than what happens when a truly big sacrifice is needed...

another part of me says this would be ideal...keep your own residence, be together when you want, be apart when you want, your not locked together financially either...ideal...then this part of me says why even get married...just be a monogamous couple without the legal agreement...and that is pretty much how I feel about marriage...why...why lock yourself to someone financially...I know and know of plenty of peeps who don't divorce ONLY because they cant afford it, live in misery...why why why
Well because I want the husband and married life. I have had 20 years of flings, and short term relationships. I am done with all that.

If that is all he wants than he can move on to find it with someone else.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
After the first two months you've complained quite a bit.
Only because I don't see him. I want to come home from work fix dinner, spend time with the kids, put kids to bed and spend the evening with my spouse.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:16 AM

13 posts, read 9,053 times
Time to move on. Everything he is saying and signaling says you are not the one for him.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:18 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,884,261 times
Quote:
Well because I want the husband and married life. I have had 20 years of flings, and short term relationships. I am done with all that.

You need 10 years of not dating, being single, and not trying to get a husband. Only then will you be possibly be ready to date and get married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships