Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 05:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez28 View Post
Yeah, still here. Posting a similar thread in another part of the forum made me think of this. I mainly left due to all the negativity I was given. I still don't feel the least bit sad for what I did.
you deserved all the negativity for trying to ruin a mans life just because you were bitter about him. ok so you got hit, you should have walked away the first time it happened, and never looked back. he would have gotten his in time, and you would have come off as a strong woman. instead you come off as a bitter old hag willing to do anything for revenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 06:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
See, OP.. remember when I said your actions have helped no one, least of all yourself, and especially not other victims of DV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Karma is going to come back on you in a big, big way.

You were the one that stayed there after the first time he hit you. That part is on YOU. I'm kinda glad the guy got his blows in while he could, after reading this.
really? As bad as her behaviour was, its quite harsh to be glad someone got abused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I find it disturbing you choose to stay with this man over a year. At the first sign it was time to get out.

I grew up in a dysfunctional family--I had a sense it was not normal. I remember having a date with this guy one night that got really angry about something. He was kind of telling me angrily what to do. I was shocked. Bye-bye. Who needs that crap?
Yes. Some people are able to distinguish between controlling behaviour, and normal behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you deserved all the negativity for trying to ruin a mans life just because you were bitter about him. ok so you got hit, you should have walked away the first time it happened, and never looked back. he would have gotten his in time, and you would have come off as a strong woman. instead you come off as a bitter old hag willing to do anything for revenge.
As I said, OP ^^ see. The conversation is no longer about your abuse. its about your actions. You've helped no one.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,412,738 times
(Speaking as a a male): I'm really not here to critique the OP (per se). As far as I'm concerned, if her former man was as bad as she says he was, he deserves everything that came to him and even more. My point to make to the OP is the following:
Doing what you did to him (as described by yourself), how do you know that he won't come after you to kill you? Unless he is imprisoned for life and never ever gets out and/or unless he dies (whether in or out of jail or prison), you'll have to be looking over your shoulder and be on guard the rest of your natural life for him possibly coming after you to do you serious physical harm or even to kill you. Or he could take it upon himself to arrange to have other people seriously harm you or kill you (perhaps paying them to do so), even if he is in jail or prison. These are BOTH very real and serious considerations for you.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:02 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,243 times
^ That's exactly the reason why I don't believe the OP's story. Everything about it is fishy. If the story were true, she should be afraid. Very afraid.

She hasn't filed charges against him. She hasn't obtained a restraining order. She hasn't sought protection from him or left their place of residence to seek shelter with supporting family members or a woman's shelter. The only thing that she did was buy a shotgun, which he will probably grab away from her when/if he sees it.

Instead, according to the story, she went after him, throwing gasoline on the fire. Provoking him to seek more violent revenge against her. She isn't afraid of him in the least, and she should be.

As far as spreading lies about him, in my world people don't get beaten, lose their jobs, and lose their employment just because of some outlandish rumors being spread by a deranged girlfriend. That just doesn't happen. Sorry, put down your crack pipe and try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships