Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 11:30 PM

58 posts, read 51,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
You idiot are not worth the time, nor do I have the inclination, to tell you about the history I have with regards to being a victim of abuse and violence. I will not debase myself now, nor ever have I, to stoop to your petty, idiotic level. It's people like you that perpetuate the victimization women who HAVE been abused continue to suffer. We aren't taken seriously in a large part because of childish stunts like this.

Now if you want to keep this lstupid crap up, I'm going to strongly suggest you get help. Because you are delusional at best - just plain stupid and intent on making sure victims of abuse aren't taken seriously at worst.
Excuse me? How do I perpetuate anything? It's the extremely misogynistic cops, judges and politicians that cause women to not get the justice they deserve. You really think if women were in charge instead of men that abusive men would be able to get out just a day later or even if convicted just get a few months in jail?

As for you being abused, I'm sorry. But while you may be capable of forgiving and him not getting his just desserts I am not.

Last edited by Julez28; 10-23-2015 at 11:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
well said Missy.

OP you don't even realise how much harder this sort of thing makes it for victims of DV and rape.
*IF* your story is true, get some help....because your actions have helped no one, least of all - yourself.
How does this make it harder? Even if I HAD gone through all the proper channels the real issue is how ho-hum about DV cops, judges and politicians are. I also very much doubt many women have done anything close to what I have done to get back at an abuser, the good majority of women DO go through the proper channels only to not get any justice, as I knew it would be with me. Yet is it any surprise that few women even bother reporting or actively trying to get them sentenced knowing it'll ultimately be futile?

Guess the majority opinion here is it's better for an abuser to go free to live his life to the fullest then to tell a few lies to see him rightfully destroyed; pretty sad.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:00 AM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez28 View Post
Excuse me? How do I perpetuate anything? It's the extremely misogynistic cops, judges and politicians that cause women to not get the justice they deserve. You really think if women were in charge instead of men that abusive men would be able to get out just a day later or even if convicted just get a few months in jail?

As for you being abused, I'm sorry. But while you may be capable of forgiving and him not getting his just desserts I am not.
How many WOMEN are jailed for beating on their MALE partners? Where is the misogyny when a guy is ridiculed and laughed at if he claims domestic abuse at the hands of a woman? Don't try to justify your decision to get back at your abuser by pretending the system doesn't favor women in domestic violence cases. You aren't a champion of women for doing what you are doing, you are doing it for yourself only. Own up to your decision to pursue revenge as a personal quest driven by your personal agenda. There is no need to pretend it's on behalf of womanhood or to fight the patriarchy or whatever. That just makes you look stupid.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
How does this make it harder? Even if I HAD gone through all the proper channels the real issue is how ho-hum about DV cops, judges and politicians are. I also very much doubt many women have done anything close to what I have done to get back at an abuser, the good majority of women DO go through the proper channels only to not get any justice, as I knew it would be with me. Yet is it any surprise that few women even bother reporting or actively trying to get them sentenced knowing it'll ultimately be futile?

Guess the majority opinion here is it's better for an abuser to go free to live his life to the fullest then to tell a few lies to see him rightfully destroyed; pretty sad.
What's pretty sad is you just admitted you never tried getting him charged. I think you still love him in some twisted way and are doing this as a way to keep him in your life.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
How many WOMEN are jailed for beating on their MALE partners? Where is the misogyny when a guy is ridiculed and laughed at if he claims domestic abuse at the hands of a woman? Don't try to justify your decision to get back at your abuser by pretending the system doesn't favor women in domestic violence cases. You aren't a champion of women for doing what you are doing, you are doing it for yourself only. Own up to your decision to pursue revenge as a personal quest driven by your personal agenda. There is no need to pretend it's on behalf of womanhood or to fight the patriarchy or whatever. That just makes you look stupid.
Are you a male apologist by chance? Sure sounds that way. You REALLY want to compare men hitting women to women hitting men? Seriously?? For one thing a woman unless she has a weapon can't even do anywhere near the same damage, and women hitting men isn't anywhere NEAR the rate men abuse women. Also men can easily get away. Or are you seriously saying if you punched your man in the face it would be perfectly fine for him to do the same to you?

I also never said that I'm trying to "fight" anything, merely stating the facts.
Quote:
What's pretty sad is you just admitted you never tried getting him charged. I think you still love him in some twisted way and are doing this as a way to keep him in your life.
When he was able to get out just a day after after I was beaten bloody I saw that trying to charge him was pointless. You really think if we lived in a just society where a justice system works men that hit women would be able to do so? It's downright sick! So yes I'd rather deal with seeing him burn then wasting all the time and money and having to confront him in court just to get a few months in jail at worst.

Love him? Whatever, I could walk by and watch someone light him on fire and I wouldn't help.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Are you a male apologist by chance? Sure sounds that way. You REALLY want to compare men hitting women to women hitting men? Seriously?? For one thing a woman unless she has a weapon can't even do anywhere near the same damage, and women hitting men isn't anywhere NEAR the rate men abuse women. Also men can easily get away. Or are you seriously saying if you punched your man in the face it would be perfectly fine for him to do the same to you?

I also never said that I'm trying to "fight" anything, merely stating the facts.

When he was able to get out just a day after after I was beaten bloody I saw that trying to charge him was pointless. You really think if we lived in a just society where a justice system works men that hit women would be able to do so? It's downright sick! So yes I'd rather deal with seeing him burn then wasting all the time and money and having to confront him in court just to get a few months in jail at worst.

Love him? Whatever, I could walk by and watch someone light him on fire and I wouldn't help.
I understand you are hurt, but you and only you are letting him continue to abuse you by dwelling on and reveling in revenge.

And I'm not even sure what a male apologist is. Hitting a person in self defense, whether male or female, is entirely acceptable to me. Abuse, whether male or female, isn't. You don't get a free pass to be abusive by virtue of being a female whether you personally believe a man should take it without complaint or not.

And you didn't answer my questions, did you ever physically assault him? And why didn't you leave before the abuse escalated to the current explosive level? And finally, are you unaware that by taking everything he had away from him by lying about him you have now put your life in danger and given him nothing to lose by ending your life?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:38 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
I've known two women that were repeatedly beaten before they finally got away from the thugs that they married. One keeps going back to the aZZhat. The power trip laid upon the women that love them can really screw the ladies up.

It's sad and it's sickening.

I'm not surprised about the OP's actions, nor do I blame her one bit. What recourse does she have? The jagoff got away with assault. I don't care what she said or did or what kind of relationship she had with the guy.......she didn't deserve to get beaten.

Some communities treat abusers' behavior with more leniency than others'. It's quite alarming. Can anyone here imagine what it feels like to wonder if you're gonna get your arse kicked tonight when you get home?

I know a sweet gal at this moment......that was near death from her drunk husband's felony strangulation charge. Still married, but live apart. She wants him to have access to her health care plan at her place of employment. While he's shacked up with his new girlfriend.......

This woman continues to enable the monster because she thinks that he will change. I cringe, because I know that I'm going to read about the aftermath in the newspaper.

And Julez.....Yes, the guy that put his hands on her throat is facing 3 months - eight years in jail. I'll guarantee the sentence will be closer to three months. If found guilty after the jury trial in December. Overcrowding issues, no use of a weapon, limited evidence, and good behavior will probably spring him from the clink within 30 days.

Last edited by YAZ; 10-24-2015 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: add

Old 10-24-2015, 06:49 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times
Quote:
This is for sure the case. She's just waiting for him to text "I'm sorry " and then live happily ever after.

Lol at all this nazi stuff. Did he pull you out of your house in the middle of the night and tell you you were going to take a shower and put you in a gas chamber? No? Ok, so he's not a Nazi.

The furthest I went with my abuser was asking my manager at the retail store where I worked to not allow him in while I was there. Which she was more than happy to do since he had been fired for sexually harassing her (we worked together) and I never knew since he said he quit.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:57 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm confused. If he hit you, why not tell THAT truth? That's about as damning as it can get and I would consider telling others a public service.
This. Why bother to make stuff up?

Old 10-24-2015, 10:11 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
He's a scumbag for abusing you, but you are only hurting yourself with all this bitterness.

I've had some terrible things happen to me too. Instead of stewing in hatred, I worked on getting myself beyond them. I know that sounds like a lot of hippy dippy BS, but at the end of the day, nothing is going to erase those things from your past.

I don't generally believe in Karma, but I do think that scumbags get in their own way eventually.

I can't help but wonder why you didn't let things shake out in the courts and press charges against him rather than launch some smear campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships